I have not a lot to add after reading the finale. The damage had been done a long time ago. At least we´re now finally free to move on. Unless Kishimoto has the nerve to continue the series with the kids. Which would suck.

The last chapter, however, made me hate how wrong the focus of this manga has been. NOW I´d love to see Naruto and all the others. NOW they´re fine ninjas. NOW they´re at an age where they should be most capable. Seeing this super composed, classy Gaara just made my inner fanboy squeal in happiness. What I´d give to see that guy fight. Same with Naruto, who´s now a true Hokage.

he pairings are mostly fine, except for Sasuke X Sakura. DAT battered housewife syndrome. Just wow. He treated her like shit over the course of the entire series, and it´s supposed to be a happy end that they end up together? Fucking bullshit. I´m happy that Naruto got the best pussy, but Sakura shouldn´t have become Sasuke´s plaything. Sai, Chouji, fuck, even Kakashi would have been better options. The message that this coupling sends to the readers is just problematic.

Looking back, Naruto had the potential of a whole world, but it self-destructed soon after the timeskip. For all the weekly bitching on my side, the reason is and has always been that I loved the part 1-story so much, so very deeply. I loved this manga and anime more than any other series. It didn´t turn out to be what it should have been. But at least it did end. Let it rest peacefully now, Kishimoto. You can be proud of having finished a 15 year-ongoing story. That´s praiseworthy no matter the actual content. Without any sarcasm, I applaud you.