I started reading the manga when a friend of mine kept spoiling it for me when I tried to stick with the anime. Will definitely be weird not to have Naruto to look forward to every week.

As for these chapters, if I'm honest they were totally crap. Really rushed, zero character development from the point of the fight. Sakura going with Sasuke was a wtf moment, given the mortal abuse she has received from him over the years. It was good to see Naruto looking and talking in a mature way, though why he persists in wearing crap baggy tops is beyond me. Totally ruins the Hokage shroud he wears.

Huge injustice done to Kakashi as Hokage. They might as well have not made him the 6th, especially as it seems the old Gokage don't consider him high enough to join their ex-Kage crew. An unexplained hole left as to why he is covering up his left eye again in 699 then uncovering it in 700.

Sasuke getting a Hashirama cell graft? Won't that just combine with his Uchiha bloodline and make him the next SotSP? I mean Naruto got it too, but he would just have it considered as an upgrade on his already strong Uzumaki/Senju bloodline specific physical prowess.

Mystery left about Madara's body. Did Konoha destroy his eyes? Did they keep them locked up in the village vault for future emergency use? Why not give one to Naruto and make him on par with Sasuke and his Hashirama cell graft?

Clear potential for organic merging of the Uchiha and Senju bloodlines in the future as Salad seems to already be stalking Baruto. Creepiness must be genetic. Plus the Byakugan, even if it doesn't show in Baruto, will probably be dormant and combine with the Sharingan at some point.

No closure for one of the greatest figures of the series, Orochimaru, or Kabuto for that matter.

The village system remains, so no closure on how rivalry has been resolved. Particularly important since the new Tsuchikage and Mizukage seem to be a bit too full of themselves.

Shikidai seems to be the sanest out of the next gen.

No idea why Udon and Moegi showed up, though Konohamaru seems decent.

Lee seems cool, no idea why Gai hasn't recovered given Naruto's SotSP powers AND Tsunade's medical ninjutsu.

Why the flip is TenTen reminiscing about war... surely one not suited to Naruto's new world?

Sasuke still looks mentally unstable... even Madara looked more friendly when he used to hang around Konoha.

All of this could have been resolved in a couple of more chapters, but for some reason it has been rushed to the end. Maybe commercial pressure due to the upcoming movie and to create demand for it.