Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 384

Naruto Shippuuden Episode 384

Naruto Shippuuden 384

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just like I thought. A giant super attack isn't what's going to beat Obito.

Pulling the Tailed Beasts out through a battle at the center of the minds is(although there's a lot more of a physical component to it than I thought there'd be).

I gotta say, the way thoughts and memories are transferred through chakra all of a sudden is making for a very handy method of passing exposition and backstory around between characters.

Couldn't help but thinking 'damn, Kakashi didn't even give the guy back his eye.'

Kakashi is a klepto. That is what this episode has taught me.

You know what just occurred to me?

I've been just assuming that eventually, Naruto is going to get the other half of Kurama for a powerup.

But I realize today, that it's possible that Sasuke might end up taking it instead. It would be somewhat fitting for Naruto to have the Light half and Sasuke to have the Dark half.

Quote Originally Posted by Artris View Post
    Couldn't help but thinking 'damn, Kakashi didn't even give the guy back his eye.'
    You mean in imaginary alternate Obito timeline?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I don't think Sasuke will take it. Beasts haven't exactly been easy to tame and will just match up with anybody.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Just realized:

Lee releases 5 Gates for a kiddy tournament....doesn't release a single one when the battle for Earth is underway. Same with Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I don't think Sasuke will take it. Beasts haven't exactly been easy to tame and will just match up with anybody.
    I think Sasuke would if he thought Naruto's half was making him better than him. Despite everything else that's going on, it still clearly bothers Sasuke when Naruto surpasses him.

Quote Originally Posted by lelouch View Post
    Lee releases 5 Gates for a kiddy tournament....doesn't release a single one when the battle for Earth is underway. Same with Guy.
    Well, didn't Gai use, like, 7 or something to fight Kisame?

The only one they haven't shown us is fatal. And I sure don't want to see Lee die.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Fri, 10-31-2014 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Well, didn't Gai use, like, 7 or something to fight Kisame?

The only one they haven't shown us is fatal. And I sure don't want to see Lee die.
    Right, but that wasn't this fight. This fight neither of them have unlocked a single one. They should at least be unlocking a few.

Quote Originally Posted by lelouch View Post
    Right, but that wasn't this fight. This fight neither of them have unlocked a single one. They should at least be unlocking a few.
    Didn't Gai also use them when he, Kakashi and Naruto were fighting Obito earlier in this fight?

Anyway, there's still plenty of time left for them to do it.

If Naruto hadn't given Team Gai cloaks this episode, you'd almost have forgotten they were even here.

Speaking of which, that was disappointing. I saw him give him those cloaks in the intro, and I thought maybe they'd use that power to bust out crazy awesome techniques they didn't have the power to use before. Instead, they just carried some Rasengans for Naruto.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Fri, 10-31-2014 at 10:47 PM.

they probably unlocked a few, but didnt make a big deal out of it again

kinda like how goku took like an hour to turn super saiyen the first time but after that it was just instant

would get tedious to watch after a while

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    @Darth: I'm saying Kurama wouldn't listen to Sasuke anyway. Are you talking about using the Sharingan to enslave Kurama?

As for Guy/Lee, yeah besides perhaps the Orbito fight they haven't been shown to fight in that mode. That goes for all of them though, really. The only serious fighting that's been going on is with the core cast.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    @Darth: I'm saying Kurama wouldn't listen to Sasuke anyway. Are you talking about using the Sharingan to enslave Kurama?
    I was thinking more becoming a Jinchuuriki. It's not like the Tailed Beasts have to be willing in order for a Jinchuuriki to use their power.

Also remember how exhausted they get after releasing gates and it's a short burst. Seeing that this is more of a marathon battle, if they released at the wrong time it would not only put them out of the fight but leave them extremely vulnerable while recovering in a super high-risk area. If anything, Lee could potentially use it for this tug of war, but again it wouldn't be prudent unless they were losing even with all strengths combined.

BTW is the next episode filler or is this actually part of it? I thought we already saw most of Obito's story...
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Mon, 11-03-2014 at 02:59 AM. Reason: merging double posts.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    You know what just occurred to me?

I've been just assuming that eventually, Naruto is going to get the other half of Kurama for a powerup.

But I realize today, that it's possible that Sasuke might end up taking it instead. It would be somewhat fitting for Naruto to have the Light half and Sasuke to have the Dark half.
    So far Sasuke hasn't been, fortunately, the kind of guy who would try to surpass others by following similar steps and then try to get better at that same thing. That's why he interests Oro, who tried to collect all the techniques that others had created before. Sasuke does share his powers with Itachi, but they are brothers and he even has Itachi's eyes now, so it can hardly be helped. Thus I imagine Sasuke would feel fundamentally inferior if he tried to beat Naruto's Kyuubi powers by obtaining a Kyuubi of his own. Of course it would be different if the dark Kyuubi himself decided to dive inside Sasuke. But wouldn't the beasts rather be free of ninja and wander the lands on their own?

I had accumulated about 15 eps (not counting the weird mecha eps I skipped). It was quite sweet marathoning them!

Hmm, i currently have eps 372-384 saved up...

Should i catch up now or wait some more? I kinda hate marathoning stuff only to run out of eps on a big cliffhanger-moment or right in the middle of some awesome fight...

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    Hmm, i currently have eps 372-384 saved up...
    Now I know what old people feel like when they spent all their money in their youth and now have to watch all their friends who were smart about their savings...

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Of course it would be different if the dark Kyuubi himself decided to dive inside Sasuke. But wouldn't the beasts rather be free of ninja and wander the lands on their own?
    Ideally, yes. But it could be a "I need to find a new host, or else Madara is going to grab me."-type situation.

That said, there's no indication that the Tailed Beasts are even capable of intentionally possessing a person. So far, it's only happened via jutsu performed by ninjas themselves. There's no real evidence that Tailed Beasts are like ghosts that can just jump into a person.

Of course, the third option for Dark Kurama would be...Obito is obviously falling apart here already. But there's still, like, 6 months of this series left, so I'm guessing Madara takes center stage again. If he grabs the Eight Tails and Dark Kurama out of Minato, then he'll have, like, a complete Ten Tails, instead of the half-assed one that Obito has.

Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    Should i catch up now or wait some more? I kinda hate marathoning stuff only to run out of eps on a big cliffhanger-moment or right in the middle of some awesome fight...
    Wait longer. They're, literally, like RIGHT in the middle of a thing atm.