Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Sad Story of Neji

Naruto-san
    For those keeping up with Naruto Do you think that it is right for Neji to keep being the way he is because of his past.

I dont because naurto grew up wothout parent without anyone to love him or accept that he is there. yes neji's father was a sacrifice to keep a war from breaking out among the 2 countrys but he died for a noble cuase even if it was cruel. but i dont belive that he should still be and %#%hole to everyone putting them down becuase e belives that no one is stronger then himshelf.

Shinobi

Well then again, people react differently to what is given to them. Neji chose to interpret it his way.

I also find something contradictory in what Neji says, he claims everyone is bound by fate etc. etc... and the branch family is fated to be dominated by the head family, but isn't the fact that hes stronger than the head family go against that? He didn't instantly turn that good im sure he did lots of hard work training himself. He also tried to kill hinata (granted they were in the exams, but he promised to look after her) during the prelims. I think he is actually going against fate by doing this

"You'll soon see what Gotham City is like without fear, and it won't be pretty. Fear is the glue that holds society together, it's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear. Is power." - The Scarecrow

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Naruto&#045;san &#064; Dec 5 2003, 11:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> For those keeping up with Naruto Do you think that it is right for Neji to keep being the way he is because of his past.

I dont because naurto grew up wothout parent without anyone to love him or accept that he is there. yes neji&#39;s father was a sacrifice to keep a war from breaking out among the 2 countrys but he died for a noble cuase even if it was cruel. but i dont belive that he should still be and %#%hole to everyone putting them down becuase e belives that no one is stronger then himshelf.

Shinobi </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    I think Neji is like that, because he did have parents. He saw his father die right in front of him. Thats why he holds that grudge and always puts people down. And Deathscythe is right people do react differently to things. If Neji ever got that seal off of him he probably wouldn&#39;t judge people like that anymore. (of course thats after he kills everyone in the main family for what they did to his father). Thats just my opinion I guess...

A bit off topic....

As soon as Neji proclaimed that he was going to explain his sad life story to Naruto in the middle of battle I was pissed cause I knew they were gonna drag this fight on for another ep..

I think that was a great episode. Neji expresses his true hatred of the main house. I&#39;m a bit confused with this whole higher and lower branch. I mean Hinata&#39;s sister isn&#39;t she going to become a lower branch cause she was the second daughter?

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CyclonisMF @ Dec 6 2003, 01:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> A bit off topic....

As soon as Neji proclaimed that he was going to explain his sad life story to Naruto in the middle of battle I was pissed cause I knew they were gonna drag this fight on for another ep.. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    True... But if there weren&#39;t any scenes like that then it would be more like DBZ.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Everon @ Dec 6 2003, 12:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I think that was a great episode. Neji expresses his true hatred of the main house. I&#39;m a bit confused with this whole higher and lower branch. I mean Hinata&#39;s sister isn&#39;t she going to become a lower branch cause she was the second daughter? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Yeah Hanabi is going to the branch family unless Hinata dies which as we&#39;ve seen her father doesn&#39;t really mind. Also, if Hinata&#39;s dad is the leader of the main house then that would mean Neji&#39;s father would have been leader of the branch house and since he is dead does that mean Neji is the leader of the Branch house?

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sasuke&#39;s Goddess @ Dec 6 2003, 02:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Everon &#064; Dec 6 2003, 12:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I think that was a great episode. Neji expresses his true hatred of the main house. I&#39;m a bit confused with this whole higher and lower branch. I mean Hinata&#39;s sister isn&#39;t she going to become a lower branch cause she was the second daughter? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Yeah Hanabi is going to the branch family unless Hinata dies which as we&#39;ve seen her father doesn&#39;t really mind. Also, if Hinata&#39;s dad is the leader of the main house then that would mean Neji&#39;s father would have been leader of the branch house and since he is dead does that mean Neji is the leader of the Branch house? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    POOR HANABI shes cool

Well Hanabi probably won&#39;t go to the branch family till Hinata&#39;s first child turns three? I&#39;m only supposing since Neji wasn&#39;t given the mark till Hinata was 3 and Hanabi doesn&#39;t really have a reason for getting the mark till the next Hyuga heir is decided since there is the chance that Hinata may die, then again there is the chance that Hanabi may die too... hmm... confusing...

Why doesnt everyone just abolish this cursed seal thing. Its pretty confusing too.

If both Hinata and Hanabi die then what????

Neji becomes the heir to the Souke???

personally i feel soooo bad for neji he dosnt deserved being a slave&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; or watching his father die&#33; thats just.... wrong&#33;&#33;&#33; it was soo sad on that ep. with neji telling naruto what happened&#33; (&#33;_&#33

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DB_Hunter &#064; Dec 6 2003, 02:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> If both Hinata and Hanabi die then what????

Neji becomes the heir to the Souke??? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    No he already has the seal I guess they would just choose someone else.

I think Neji should become inspired by Naruto (and Rock Lee), and find help, maybe from Jiraiya .. getting that damned seal off his forehead. Then, after gaining strength .. and maybe teaming up with a healed Rock Lee and Naruto, bring the Hyuuga Head family to leadership it&#39;s knees. Punish such evil that was shown to Neji and his father (and probably countless others) with extreme retribution. To live as mere meat to protect some lame-ass head family is no life at all&#33;

Destroy them&#33; &gt; Or maybe just seal their bloodline (cursed seal works both ways?) and banish their selfish asses.

On-Topic, with the intensity of Neji&#39;s upbringing, and the forced and focused upbringing he was given, it&#39;s easy to see why he is the way he is. Nartuo&#39;s much better attitude was an attitude born in freedom, not slavery. Neji was never free to develop these values, he had to conform to the family structure or face punishment. It&#39;s heartening to see that he has at least used that pain to develop fearsome techniques through hard work, so there is hope for him yet. I used to hate Neji, but I can at least respect him now. If he remains a major character, I would like to see him truly understand that his philosophy need not be so hopeless before it&#39;s all over.

Also, Hinata also looks hopeful for reforming the selfish xenophobic punks that run the Hyuuga family. She respects hard work, and seems willing to die for her ideals, rather than some BS about head/branch family heirarchy.

Well they may have to to rip it off then. We don&#39;t know that death is the only way to get rid of it for sure.... I&#39;m sure the Souke wouldn&#39;t tell the Bunke that they could take it off.. no need to.

Then again there is always Jiraiya-Sama

As for Neji&#39;s story... yea it was sad. Changed my view of him quite alot.

Yeah... the Hyuuga clan seems to be modelled after monarchy. Except with no way to escape from fate. With Neji&#39;s abilities, he probably should have been in the head family, but such is the nature of life...

Except for one very important detail, possibly the biggest theme of Naruto: perseverance. We are each given qualities and faults, some of these faults, we can&#39;t change and have to live with them. What we can do, it make the most out of what we have. And Neji is doing this by working so hard to learn all his techniques. By doing this, he&#39;s NOT really fighting against his fate (exception being trying to kill Hinata), but enhancing himself to the fate that he is destined for.

I think he put Naruto down just because he&#39;s a bit over confident being probably #1 Kohona genins vs Naruto a rookie who had to find a &quot;back door&quot; to graduate. It&#39;s understandable, I mean, barely anyone in the crowd believes Naruto can scratch Neji (note: he still hasn&#39;t). Even Sakura seems to be assuming Naruto will lose. I can&#39;t wait for the surprise when they realize just how much Jiraiya taught him.

Let&#39;s hope he doesn&#39;t do Sexy No Jutsu in that case then

Hmm... that&#39;s an interesting proposition. Neji would have his Byukugan eyes full... but there&#39;ll probably be a ton of spectators falling from the stands... both Hokages as well. But then again... I don&#39;t see that working on Neji but you never know.

If Jiraiya is hiding somewhere you know it will expose him for sure .

After seeing Neji&#39;s tragic past I can understand his hatred against the main family, but I still think Neji needs to be ass-kicked for being such a jerk. (I still love his fighting style, it&#39;s so *froging* cool, it&#39;s the best, it ownz&#33;&#33; ) What is really weird about Neji is that he constantly tell people that nothing can be changed by hard work, but he is trying so hard to be independent of the main family .