Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Baby Steps

No game or anything exciting, but I enjoyed the episode quite a bit. Honestly didn't care for the Nabae tantrums... I give that portion a big MEH.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    It's foreshadowing why Nabae will crack before Maruo.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    It's foreshadowing why Nabae will crack before Maruo.
    Doesn't mean I can't find the whole segment boring.

You know, it would be a nice surprise, if Maruo actually won the damn thing. Have Arata win his match, so Maruo can also show off his new tennis prowess against this foe, and have everything set up for the showdown against Takuma in the All-Japan tournament.

Won´t happen, but it´d be a nice variation to the perfectly predictable assumption that Maruo is gonna lose this or the final match. And it´d be too nice to see everybody´s reaction. "Omg, this Maruo guy, who is he!? He beat everyone! All those seeded players!"

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    You know, it would be a nice surprise, if Maruo actually won the damn thing. Have Arata win his match, so Maruo can also show off his new tennis prowess against this foe, and have everything set up for the showdown against Takuma in the All-Japan tournament.

Won´t happen, but it´d be a nice variation to the perfectly predictable assumption that Maruo is gonna lose this or the final match. And it´d be too nice to see everybody´s reaction. "Omg, this Maruo guy, who is he!? He beat everyone! All those seeded players!"
    That would be cool. He and Natsu go off on a nice holiday, then when they hit the All Japan Junior every player will be gunning for them.

Also, that means Natsu will be introduced to family next match. :3

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

23:
    http://nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=730770

Man I just want to punch repeatedly Mauro's "I can't believe it" face. Seriously, I really hate his expressions on how he reacts to just about everything when it doesn't go his way.

For all his data, it pretty much ALWAYS fails him. When Maruo explains what he needs to do, you can bet it will fail lol

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    For all his data, it pretty much ALWAYS fails him. When Maruo explains what he needs to do, you can bet it will fail lol
    Right, and for all about aiming at the lines, the shot he took was the same as he always did... O.o

Well episodes 24 and 25 are out... and with this the season is over.

Maybe the series? In all the final match was entertaining, so no real complaints on that regard. But Maruo is a major jackass for not going to Natsu's games.

Anyways, hope we get to see more animated. There was no announcement this time around, so people seem pessimistic particularly for how the last moments of the last episode were handled.

No new season announced? Ugh. Well, if this isnt getting continued, at least i can binge the manga.

The match went the way I expected it to go, which is boring. And it´s ridiculous that Araya won in the final. Come on! Not only is Araya a worse player, it also makes NO sense for Nabae to, as they implied, throw the game because he kept thinking of the future. Just how arrogant is that, too?

Since Maruo said he´d have to beat Nabae to win the All Japan-tournament, I just hoope their third match is 2 episodes at most.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Maruo thinks about the future and his mother: he loses...Next step is the all japan. But it's true the last moments of the ep were not an opening to another season...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    Maruo thinks about the future and his mother: he loses...Next step is the all japan. But it's true the last moments of the ep were not an opening to another season...
    Personally I'm not reading too much into it at the moment. In general NHK has done a good job going the distance with the series they pick up. So we'll see what happens. Guess I'll prepare to continue with the manga if needed be, but I'm not going that route yet.

Just a small update, there's a very short special (5 minutes) featuring Natsu, and Maruo having a match with Shingo Kunieda to promote Tokyo 2020 paralympics.
    Watched it today on the NHK world channel.
    Crunchyroll article:
    https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ralympic-games

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Proper continuation when?

Well, they at least still know how to re-start all the production.