Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jutsu in Naruto

i think you only need to do the seals to perform techniques. Because byakugan isn't really a technique but i bloodline limit. One doesn't need to do the seals, because it's natural for them.
    Take episode 61 for instance. You saw hinata and her father training. Neji's father became mad and unleashed his bykugan. he doesn't need a seal for that.
    It's the same with Kakashi.

Lol I think Kakashi's Sharingan is busted.... he can't switch it off so he has to slide his head protector over it.

Or maybe Kakashi never started out with Sharingan... and since it's not natural to him he can't control it...

yeah this is all pretty much accurate, the short answers are

1. Hand seals require certain chakra molding techniques to go with them, not everyone can do that by just looking (the sharigan can see chakra flowing through bodies so thats probably an explaination to why they can mold correctly when they are copying jutsus)

2. Most jutsu are clan based and only taught to clan memebers, this means that they're intended to be their trump cards. either they win by using it or they die by failing to defeat their enemy, they dont go around showing it off to everyone. where as Henge isnt a clan based jutsu and many nins can use it because they've been taught how to (the basics) the only way to learn the more advanced jutsu is to go through training the same way as it took time to learn henge. (unless you're a sharigan user)

for hinata it took like 100handseals to use the byakugan

Ah maybe she was using the inferior girlie version

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DB_Hunter @ Dec 6 2003, 02:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Lol I think Kakashi&#39;s Sharingan is busted.... he can&#39;t switch it off so he has to slide his head protector over it. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    hahahahaha

using the word &quot;busted&quot; was just really funny for some reason.....

picture sharingan to be like a golf cart or a toilet, it just got busted haha

lucky....

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DB_Hunter &#064; Dec 5 2003, 05:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Hmm how come Neji only once in the series had to do hand seals to activate his Byakugan and now he just closes his eyes and opens them again? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Since Byakugan is a Bloodline Ability he can do it without the seal,(i&#39;m not saying ALL bloodline abilities don&#39;t need a hand seal) i mean look at Sasuke does he need a hand seal to activate his Sharingan? (personally, i only think Neji and Hinata do the hand seal for Byakugan is to look impressive its either that or once you do the seal once you are able to activate it without one i&#39;m confusing myself)

Anyways, in one of the episodes Sakura said something about mixing personal experiences and physical training to make Chakra or something so i&#39;m guessing its not JUST the hand seals that are involved with doing a Jutsu

But i&#39;m pretty much repeating what everyone else in this thread said