Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Increase fast food wages?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    @Ani:

I like how you use "the companies" instead of "the corporations" to keep your head juuuuust above the delusional libertarian wackjob waters flooding this thread.

+50 Exp to your Rhetoric Skill
    I like how you read that much into my word choice, when I didn't differentiate between the two in my own mind. Company, corporation, business... it's all the same to me. To be honest, I don't know what Libertarians stand for.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    To be honest, I don't know what Libertarians stand for.
    Neither do they.

And it was a compliment, you should have taken it as such.

Pssssttttt Haru! You're griping {since your second post}!

In a srs thread like this, stuff some counterpoints in there, at least. You also claim to know nothing about economics anyway, so like, why w the attitude! lol

PS— Am I included as one of the delusional Libertarians? If so, it's cute that you called me a Libertarian. <3 <3.
    Last edited by Sapphire; Sat, 01-25-2014 at 10:33 AM.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

I believe the words I used were, "delusional libertarian wackjob waters". It referred to the line of discussion and the rhetoric used, not the people conducting it.

I think it is cute you think this thread is a serious discussion, and not the same kind of drivel one hears at Starbucks or in a university discussion class.

edit:
    Want some counterpoints to discuss?

'If people want to earn more money, they should go to school.' [as in universities]
    - If people can. There are many min wage workers that have learning disabilities or are outright mentally handicapped but otherwise fantastic food service sector workers. What about them?
    - Yes, all Americans should attend university and get saddled with $35,000 in loans. Great idea for empowering all Americans. Cripple them with debt.

'If they want to earn money, there are plenty of high demand careers out there like Engineering.'
    - Most students who enter engineering and other "high demand" career path curricula drop out. Why? "Because STEM majors are hard." Anecdotally, my major in college went from well over 300 to a mere 80 across four years, and we were the largest class of all time at my school. The preceding year was around 40, and the following year way something around 60.

'But if they can make it through a hard major, there are plenty of opening for them! High-demand career and whatnot.'
    - Except it isn't. There is no crisis or high demand for those in STEM majors. It was as hard during the financial crisis to find an engineering job, tech sector, or science job as any other. It was fiercely competitive for about three years to find a job, same as any other area.

The whole subject is a lot more complicated that anything discussed thus far.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Sat, 01-25-2014 at 11:34 AM.

Neither do they.
    And it was a compliment, you should have taken it as such.
    I kinda saw it was, but I still didn't like how you delivered it.

I think it is cute you think this thread is a serious discussion, and not the same kind of drivel one hears at Starbucks or in a university discussion class.
    I have to agree with you here... this thread was started as a ranting platform.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?