Thread: Gundam Build Fighters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I thought this fight was a lot better than I anticipated, considering the outcome was obvious, and at the same time one of the best fights in the show so far. Although I don't know why the hound was such a shock, but the man-models were pretty funny as a detail. The Renato brothers really were fighting a war rather than a simple Gundam duel.

Above all it was good to see Meijin taken down a notch in a believable manner. I'm sure Yuuki's behavior is largely theater dictated by Kawaguchi's character, but it's still annoying.

Mao's fate was pretty funny: He botched his own date and then happened upon the happy group date of Sei, China, Reiji, and Aila.

Freakin' EXAM system. Did NOT expect that at all lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Above all it was good to see Meijin taken down a notch in a believable manner.
    Agreed. Ever since he took on that title he seems to be a lot less interesting. They still haven't really explained all that yet have they?

Speaking of taken down a notch, I can't wait to see "samurai boy" get his next week.

Quote Originally Posted by vejita613 View Post
    Speaking of taken down a notch, I can't wait to see "samurai boy" get his next week.
    He's kind of an interesting case. While I consider the whole samurai and ninja stuff as stupid as Mr. Bushido in 00, it's still somewhat understandable considering Nielsen is still a kid (at least I think he is), despite being some prodigy physicist. What makes him interesting is that he's not so much into Gundam and the fights as he is interesting in the plasvky particles. He's just so fricking good he could create a highly competitive model and fight with it despite his real interest being elsewhere. He's a much better man than Meijin, who's nothing but a mannequin for the company running the games but still acts like he's the real thing. Meijin's kind of pitiful compared to everybody else, for whom it's a sport and hobby (Iori, Reiji, Mao mostly, Fellini, etc), an object for scientific study (Samurai boy), or simply a job (Aila).

But yeah, it should be an interesting fight. Though I'm repeating myself, but I hope the Aila+Fellini fight will also get some screen time. Above all, I want Iori & Reiji to finally watch a single fight of Aila's, so that they could plan some bloody tactics. It would be their last chance before they face her themselves.

Well, we all know he will lose but I can't see them winning before he completely tears their Gundam apart. One thing for sure is that Nils will learn the true spirit of Beybl... I mean Gunpla before he loses. I find it sad that I care more about the other competitors than Sei and Reiji.

As for this past battle, I would've preferred it if the brothers were later down the line in the fights. They clearly deserved a better loss then what was given to them. I really don't understand how he was even able to fit that gatling in that small container.

Quote Originally Posted by FelixZeroAlastor View Post
    I find it sad that I care more about the other competitors than Sei and Reiji.
    Is it even more sad that I care more for the Gunpla than the competitors (except Aila. Delicious, delicious Aila).

Strike will take quite a beating next week as seen in the preview. Looks like it will be about as bad as what Maou gave them.

Is it even more sad that I care more for the Gunpla than the competitors (except Aila. Delicious, delicious Aila).
    Speaking of Gunpla, I'm still wondering how all of those other silhouetted suits the Chairman has will come into play.

Quote Originally Posted by FelixZeroAlastor View Post
    I find it sad that I care more about the other competitors than Sei and Reiji.
    Sei and Reiji are among the purest Gunpla competitors, no doubt. Sei cares about the Gundam models more than anything, Reiji enjoys the Gunpla fights simply as fights and challenges. They have no ulterior motives, they want fair games, and they want to have fun. In other words, they are pretty boring. Quite a few of the other more prominent competitors have/had some other qualities affecting them. At least Reiji is made more interesting simply by associating with Aila.