Thread: January Schedule

January Schedule

1/02/14 - none
    1/09/14 - 344 - Obito and Madara
    1/16/14 - 345 - I'm in Hell
    1/23/14 - 346-347 - Akatsuki Begins to Move ~The Bridge to Youth
    1/30/14 - 348 - Reborn: Akatsuki
    2/06/14 - 349 - Kakashi ANBU filler Arc: The Shinobi Who Lives in Darkness ~ The Mask That Hides the Heart

344,345 are canon.
    346,347,348 - it seems that the Akatsuki stuff is very brief in the manga. so this is extremely "expanded" canon.

Other News:
    Naruto Shippuden ending 28 starts with episode 344, listen to the full song here: http://llamaop.wordpress.com/2013/12...ippuuden-ed28/
    Hiroyuki Yamashita, most recently director of episode 322, is confirmed to be working on one of the upcoming episodes. It is still unknown exactly which episode.
    A new filler arc about Kakashi's past as an ANBU starts on February 6. Read about it here http://shonenjump.viz.com/node/1883
    and here
    http://www.saiyanisland.com/2013/12/...-and-pictures/

random Naruto trivia:
    OP/ED's follow a set monthly schedule, the number of episodes in-between is irrelevant.
    First episode of January: New Ending
    First episode of April: New Opening and Ending
    First episode of July: New Ending
    First episode of October: New Opening and Ending
    Last edited by frog hermit; Thu, 01-16-2014 at 09:45 PM.

Nooooooo! Filler arc!

Isn't the manga still, like 60 chapters ahead?

And why the hell hasn't it ended yet?!

Oddly enough, I'm completly ok with the concept of a filler arc where Kakashi is the main protagonist...

I'm not, because it's still going to be written by the animation studio. So it's still going to be shitty and pointless, no matter who the focus is.

I went back and watched Naruto 1-75 and Bleach 1-50. Damn. The quality difference is ridiculous.

I'm kinda holding out hope that once the series ends Naruto gets, like, the FMA Brotherhood treatment.

Just kinda start it over, better quality, much faster pacing, none of the filler, etc.

I want One Piece to get the same, but that's a long way from being done yet.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I'm kinda holding out hope that once the series ends Naruto gets, like, the FMA Brotherhood treatment.

Just kinda start it over, better quality, much faster pacing, none of the filler, etc.

Why? most of the filler episodes are self contained and far apart from each other, you can just skip the episodes...
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Mainly because the pre-HD episodes still look like crap.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

FMA? That would be more like DBZ then. Naruto just had a shitload of filler, but it never ultimately stray from the manga much unlike FMA.

I prefer old-school Naruto. The late 1990/early 2000 art has the most detail for me. And style. Shippuuden in comparison looks clean and bland most of the time.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    FMA? That would be more like DBZ then. Naruto just had a shitload of filler, but it never ultimately stray from the manga much unlike FMA.
    What the original FMA series was is not the point. The point is what Brotherhood was(a complete retelling of FMA, without filler, in HD, and with no unnecessarily drawn out scenes) is what I want for Naruto.

Brotherhood wasn't a retelling of the series as far as im concerned. The original started following the manga and then did its own thing. Brotherhood followed the manga 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlydreamx View Post
    Brotherhood wasn't a retelling of the series as far as im concerned. The original started following the manga and then did its own thing. Brotherhood followed the manga 100%.
    Right, but they both started out telling the same story. Hence, a retelling.

Look, would Hunter X Hunter be a better example for you people? If I said I want Naruto to get the Hunter X Hunter treatment, would that clear things up?

It's certainly more apt.

Mainly because the pre-HD episodes still look like crap.
    Fair enough, although I prefer the old style myself.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Frankly, the whole series is very low quality overall. The older stuff just had a more subdued color palette.

The older art had more lines on people's faces and in general looked "dirtier".

I just thought it was more artistic and unique, the new version is like... generic modern anime number 78,534.

Well, to all artists and writers defense, it is very, very hard to come up with a unique story and style now while being on the good side of uniqueness...

I don't really care if something looks unique. I just want it to look good. Naruto is neither most of the time.