Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

It's really damn aggravating that the only thing i want to play in HS, the Arena, is fucking pay to play.

Just give me a free draft/arena mode without the rewards, i don't care about them, i just want to play the damn thing >_>

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Jounin
    There is already alphas getting sold. Check out Steams Early Access section. Many of the games there are just alphas. I have bought Early Access to Might and Magic X myself. My first ever RPG to PC was Might and Magic VI and i have played them all since then. So i know M&M X would be no different.

Besides when you pay to go watch a movie, you pay for something you will be able to watch for free later on (TV, streaming, pirating). I bet someone that pays 10 bucks for a Heartstone beta key will get many more hours of enjoyment then a movie will bring. To me it's all about price vs. expected amount of joy.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    It's really damn aggravating that the only thing i want to play in HS, the Arena, is fucking pay to play.

Just give me a free draft/arena mode without the rewards, i don't care about them, i just want to play the damn thing >_>
    i feel you man, if you end up drafting a bad deck you have to play constructed to get enough gold for the next round which is annoying..
    and 150g for ~2€, really?

I'd love a free arena-ticket every day or 3 every week or so.
    I can't persuade myself to play constructed, so all I can do ist watch Trump's full arena games, which is pretty cool, because it feels like you are playing yourself

This is a cool game. The constructed meta is really unpleasant because due to a confluence of things the really strong decks are uninteractive shit like spell mage and extremely resilient early game aggro decks. As a control player you're really up shit creek against these decks that don't give a rat's ass how many times you try and establish board control. I think being unable to disrupt your opponent on his turn is pretty rough. Arena's balanced a lot better though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    This is a cool game. The constructed meta is really unpleasant because due to a confluence of things the really strong decks are uninteractive shit like spell mage and extremely resilient early game aggro decks. As a control player you're really up shit creek against these decks that don't give a rat's ass how many times you try and establish board control. I think being unable to disrupt your opponent on his turn is pretty rough. Arena's balanced a lot better though.
    There needs to be counterplay against AoE and Secrets other than not loading the board. Maybe if counterspell wasn't a mage exclusive or something.

Blog Entries
    So who's into the open beta?

I ripped a golden pyro 2 days ago, DE'd it for 1600 dust and now just ripped a bloodmage thalmos so i'm feeling pretty good. What decks are you guys running?

LjHFntb.jpg
    and the second booster my friend opened contained a golden Leeroy... luck^infinity.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Blizzard needs to release content for Hearthstone at an MTG-like pace for the game to remain fresh, but I don't think that's even remotely possible. Also tons of totally necessary things like tournament support don't exist yet. "Beta", I know, but I doubt Blizzard will ever be pumping out expansions three times a year or whatever would be necessary to keep people into it.

Blog Entries
    Still nobody in the euro server?