Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 337

Naruto Shippuuden Episode 337

[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 337: 1080p | 720p | 480p

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Uchiha filler arc is coming up?

So...Izanami is basically a time loop. That's pretty cool. Except isn't that exactly what Tsukiyomi already did? At first, I thought maybe Izanami's thing was that it wasn't a genjutsu, but a real time looping power. But the ending shows that it's all just happening inside Kabuto's head.

So is Izanami just Tsukiyomi without the need for eye contact?

I have two complaints with this episode.

First, I get the whole, taking on people's blood to use their Kekkei Genkais. Makes sense. Suigetsu, Kimimaru, Karin etc. But were ALL of the Sound 5 Kekkei Genkai users? Sakon's clone I could see. And Kidomaru's having six arms.

But didn't Jirobo just use Earth jutsu? And Tayuya just played a flute to cast genjutsu. Why would you need their blood to use their abilities? Couldn't you just learn them?

Second, I don't know why Kabuto suddenly needed to manifest gross clones to use other people's abilities. He used Suigetsu's, Karins and Jugo's without having to do weird transformations, but to use the sound five, he had to grow this extra person for seemingly no reason.

It is just a visual aid meant to make it easier for the audience to understand what he was doing?

I dunno. It's cool that he had all their powers. He just looked really uncool using them.

Itatchi is seriously the most terrifying ninja in every way

lucky....

I mean, look. I think Kabuto is great and all, but lets face it, he's really lucky they aren't allowed to kill him. Otherwise, he'd have either been sealed in the Totsuka Blade or he'd have been Amaterasu ash three episodes ago.

wonder if Madara or Tobi will use Izanami or Tsukiyomi .

So far, we don't even know if Tobi HAS A Mangekyo. We've seen him use Izanagi already, which doesn't require Mangekyo. Izanami is probably the same, so he can probably use it if he actually knows about it.

I have though been curious for awhile now what Madara's Mangekyo. powers are. He's already used Susano'o, but what are the powers of his individual eyes? Does he have Amaterasu? Tsukiyomi? Kakashi's Kamui? Shisui's Kotoamatsukami? Or does he have his own unique powers?

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    I think Izanami is like Tsukiyomi but you can't release? Doesn't Tsukiyomi also only last a second in real life?
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    So far, we don't even know if Tobi HAS A Mangekyo. We've seen him use Izanagi already, which doesn't require Mangekyo. Izanami is probably the same, so he can probably use it if he actually knows about it.

I have though been curious for awhile now what Madara's Mangekyo. powers are. He's already used Susano'o, but what are the powers of his individual eyes? Does he have Amaterasu? Tsukiyomi? Kakashi's Kamui? Shisui's Kotoamatsukami? Or does he have his own unique powers?
    I always assumed his dimensional phasing was a mangekyo power: both where he partially phases out and where he pulls someone into another dimension with him.

Seems an excellent match to Kakashi's portable-blackhole.

I get the impression that Izanami is just one of many Uchiha abilities that are forbidden because they destroy the eye in the process: this one is an ultimate genjutsu. Tsukiyomi lasts for a very short time but seems like days to the victim. I don't think it is limited to a second, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Artris View Post
    I always assumed his dimensional phasing was a mangekyo power: both where he partially phases out and where he pulls someone into another dimension with him.

Seems an excellent match to Kakashi's portable-blackhole.

I get the impression that Izanami is just one of many Uchiha abilities that are forbidden because they destroy the eye in the process: this one is an ultimate genjutsu. Tsukiyomi lasts for a very short time but seems like days to the victim. I don't think it is limited to a second, though.
    I think you are confusing Madara with Tobi...
    Last edited by deadlydreamx; Sat, 11-09-2013 at 07:13 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by deadlydreamx View Post
    I think you are confusing Madara with Obito...
    lol... sorry, yes... well, it is an understandable confusion

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deadlydreamx View Post
    I think you are confusing Madara with Tobi...
    Corrected, as far as we know.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Artris View Post
    That might certainly be the case, I'm just saying, they haven't shown that he has one yet.

And yes, the fact that people get sucked directly into his eye seems a pretty fair indicator that it's some kind of visual jutsu. Or at least, the teleportation is. The phasing may or may not be.

That might certainly be the case, I'm just saying, they haven't shown that he has one yet.

And yes, the fact that people get sucked directly into his eye seems a pretty fair indicator that it's some kind of visual jutsu. Or at least, the teleportation is. The phasing may or may not be.
    I think phasing is. And every non-Susano'o Mangekyou power to date is dimension-related.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I think phasing is. And every non-Susano'o Mangekyou power to date is dimension-related.
    What's dimensional about Amaterasu or Kotoamatsukami?

What's the second power? Amaterasu summons an otherworldly flame.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Its the genjutsu that made itachi regain control
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Amaterasu summons an otherworldly flame.
    I'm not sure being a different color qualifies it as being transdimensional in origin.

It's Blaze Element. So it's just a combination of other elements, they just haven't said what.

What's the second power?
    Shisui's complete mind control thing.

I'm not sure being a different color qualifies it as being transdimensional in origin.
    I'm pretty sure it's been described (by narutowiki or otherwise) as a flame with heat that is not of this world.

I can't think of something for Shisui's power.. I'll get back to you on that one. :P (maybe it's an oddball since it's also the only one to have a refractory period of 10 years.. but I'll admit that it doesn't fit the picture).

I mean, I don't really consider Tsukiyomi to be dimensional either since it's just genjutsu. But I guess you could make the argument that it sends their mind to another space/time or something.

*I* wouldn't make that argument. But I suppose you could.