Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 334

Jounin
    So Naruto and Karin are cousins? Interesting... surprised she didn't make the Uzumaki connection when she first met Naruto. :/

Isnt the whole turning in to the animal traits part of not mastering Sage mode? The forgs beat Naurto hard to force the nature chakra out when he was turning in to a frog. I am assuming Kabuto hasn't mastered it since he's got the snake traits. Naruto can activate full sage mode easy now. I think Kabuto's Sage mode is half complete. I think Itachi and Sasuke will probably ease him. We still don't know a lot about Itachi by now.

I wish they'd hurry up and get back to Naruto. I don't know why they didn't name this anime "Konoha" instead. Since Naruto is always pushed to the side and non-important roles take precedence. :P

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I just don't see how Kabuto is any different. You seem to just be calling him an Oro copycat just because he uses the same powers as him. Which, I don't see how that's any different than any other character in the series. Most of them are straight up in clans where they all have the same powers.
    If he had had enough time to establish himself as an independent character, then maybe I would have acknowledged him as such. But I reckon his time is growing short now. For absolutely most of the show he was just a person doing Oro's bidding and that's it. It's made even worse by Oro having had such a huge presence. It's hard to get rid of that. It doesn't help he even got some of Oro's looks after his transformation. The impression he's giving is: "I'm Kabuto, Orochimaru's successor, and will do what my master couldn't" rather than "I'm Kabuto and my deeds will shake the world".

It's totally analogous to a son of a great man. Everybody he meets will say: "Oh, you are XXX's son? We expect great things from you."

Does he? Or is that just Tobi's dream.

I don't think Madara has actually explained his motivations yet. Although he seems to be working with Tobi, that doesn't mean they have the same goal. Just like Paine was working with Tobi and thought the plan was completely different from what it actually was.
    I thought it was always referred to as Madara's plan. But then again, Tobi was impersonating Madara, so maybe that's where the confusion comes from. However, Madara being dead already, he ought to be beyond caring. Or more likely Tobi is something that was created when Madara still lingered.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Skill View Post
    So Naruto and Karin are cousins? Interesting... surprised she didn't make the Uzumaki connection when she first met Naruto.
    I get the distinct impression that neither Nagato nor Karin know their from the Uzumaki clan.

Remember that the clan has essentially been wiped out. Any that escaped were probably hiding their heritage from their children. i.e. Nagato in the Rain and Karin in the Grass.

I am assuming Kabuto hasn't mastered it since he's got the snake traits. Naruto can activate full sage mode easy now. I think Kabuto's Sage mode is half complete. I think Itachi and Sasuke will probably ease him. We still don't know a lot about Itachi by now.
    Well, even Jiraiya couldn't use Sage mode without becoming a little froglike. So I doubt the fact that he's all snake-like means he's actually any weaker. Just not as practiced at it.

The more important question is, why can he move while still absorbing nature chakra? Is it because of Juugo's DNA? Or is it because Snake sage doesn't have that same limitation?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    However, Madara being dead already, he ought to be beyond caring.
    He didn't seem at all surprised to be back from the dead. He was just surprised it was through Edo Tensei.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sat, 10-12-2013 at 03:40 AM.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    It's Jugo's dna that allows him to harness the energy.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    I was under the impression he turned while he was hiding.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    I was under the impression he turned while he was hiding.
    Even if he had, remember that Sage mode runs out quickly either from time, or being used for powerful attacks.

So since it's not gone already, he'd have to be recharging it while moving. Which, I'll agree with Buff, is because of Juugo's DNA.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Even if he had, remember that Sage mode runs out quickly either from time, or being used for powerful attacks.

So since it's not gone already, he'd have to be recharging it while moving. Which, I'll agree with Buff, is because of Juugo's DNA.
    But so far he used like...one technique...how do you figure he`d be dry by now? And was it stated sage mode runs out with time? i thought it was only by using techniques.
    Last edited by UChessmaster; Sun, 10-13-2013 at 06:20 PM.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

But so far he used like...one technique...how do you figure he`d be dry by now?
    One offensive technique maybe. But he's been doing a lot of turning into liquid and regeneration as well. I assume all of that takes chakra.

And was it stated sage mode runs out with time? i thought it was only by using techniques.
    They were very explicit. With Naruto at least, Sage Mode only lasts about 5 minutes. And if he uses powerful techniques like the double Rasengan or the Rasenshuriken, it runs out even faster.

Sage mode also isn't for everyone. To be effective (and safe), the user needs to have a large chakra reserve for the mixing. Naruto was born for it. Kabuto never struck me as someone like that.. so I thought he should be gathering it constantly instead.

Naruto also had a bunch of clones gather chakra for him before his fight with Pain, that greatly enhanced his endurance.

I have a feeling Uchess may be right though, and that they're just ignoring all of this for the sake of powering up Kabuto.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Sage mode also isn't for everyone. To be effective (and safe), the user needs to have a large chakra reserve for the mixing. Naruto was born for it. Kabuto never struck me as someone like that
    He wasn't. But remember, he has the chakra of the Uzumaki clan now.

He wasn't. But remember, he has the chakra of the Uzumaki clan now.
    Their big deal is having awesome lifespans (from their tenacious life force, according to Kabuto - he learned to heal himself quickly from Karin) and knowing sealing techniques.

Chakra isn't one of them.

Their big deal is having awesome lifespans (from their tenacious life force, according to Kabuto - he learned to heal himself quickly from Karin
    I think life force and chakra are connected to each other.

Explains why Naruto has always had an abnormally large amount of chakra.

Jounin
    I always assumed Naruto got the large chakra from the 4th.

While on the subject, if Naruto is the SoTSP incarnate, would he got that from the 4th side or his mother side, if the Rinnegan is a trait from the Uzumaki clan? Being Naruto and 4th look a like now. :P

Sounds like continuity errors coming for the sake of story. :P Like to see the creator explains this later on.:P

While on the subject, if Naruto is the SoTSP incarnate, would he got that from the 4th side or his mother side, if the Rinnegan is a trait from the Uzumaki clan? Being Naruto and 4th look a like now. :P

Sounds like continuity errors coming for the sake of story. :P Like to see the creator explains this later on.:P
    IS Uzumaki all that related to the sage? I just thought Naruto and Sasuke would be the two powers of the sage just as a spiritual representation.

Jounin
    I thought Tobi mentioned something like the Rinnegan being a trait to the Uzumaki. I could be wrong. I'd have to go back quite a few epiodes I think to find it.

IS Uzumaki all that related to the sage?
    They're distantly related to the Senju clan. Which makes them related to the Sage.

It's definitely from his mother.

They explicitly said the reason they made her the Jinchuuriki in the first place is because of her "strong chakra". Naruto clearly inherited this.

I'm simply assuming that this chakra is a trait shared by most of the Uzumaki.

I thought Tobi mentioned something like the Rinnegan being a trait to the Uzumaki. I could be wrong. I'd have to go back quite a few epiodes I think to find it.
    I said that back when they first revealed that Nagato was an Uzumaki. I was all "Ooh, if an Uzumaki has the Rinnegan, then maybe Naruto can get it too!"

But they never actually said anything to that effect in the show. Especially since Madara claims he activated it on his own. I'm beginning to suspect maybe Tobi wasn't lying when he said he gave the Rinnegan to Nagato.

I think the most likely explanation currently is that the Rinnegan is created when a Sharingan user gets some Senju DNA. Which Madara claimed he did before he died. And then obtained the Rinnegan afterwards.

It's also makes sense if the Sage's eyes are activated by recombining his two direct bloodlines. Senju and Uchiha.

So since Tobi seems to have a Zetsu body(which is made of Senju cells) and has a collection of Sharingans, it's totally possible that he created a pair of Rinnegan and then transplanted them to Nagato.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Tue, 10-15-2013 at 07:31 PM.

Jounin
    Ah true. What a let down though if it is true. Good points. Thanks Darth.