Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 330

Quote Originally Posted by exglitch67 View Post
    I don't know why this was bothering me, but it feels like everyone over looked that the basis of the Sharingan mind control is that the victim has to look into the Sharingan User's eye(s).
    I thought that was obvious, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    But then again, we are talking about Naruto here, so when even Kakashi was unable to avoid meeting Itachi's eyes, I doubt Naruto would have any chance
    Yeah, he's pretty much been spending half of this fight glaring at Tobi, so there's almost zero chance of that.

It just falls under what I call "Sharingan users have so many fucking powers that they forget they have half of them".

And now that he's not longer controlling the Jinchuuriki, he should once again have access to all of the Rinnegan powers. Bet he forgets to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I thought that was obvious, yes.

Yeah, he's pretty much been spending half of this fight glaring at Tobi, so there's almost zero chance of that.

It just falls under what I call "Sharingan users have so many fucking powers that they forget they have half of them".

And now that he's not longer controlling the Jinchuuriki, he should once again have access to all of the Rinnegan powers. Bet he forgets to use them.
    Half the fight glaring at Tobi, or above his head, at the statue.... he could literally be looking anywhere but into his Sharingan eye. Sure Tobi could have the power, but as I stated in my previous post the past circumstances of Sasuke's suppression of Naruto and this current battle are entirely different. I would not defend Naruto as being consistent but I have spent 20 minutes of my time watching worse. I choose to dissent from your arbitrary opinion of "Sharingan users have so many fucking powers that they forget they have half of them" and would rather believe that Naruto is too far away, or not looking into his eye or any other reasonable explanation as to why what could of happened did not. If its obvious the basis of the Sharingan mind control is eye contact then we are not so far apart. I believe it to be a valid point that the Sharingan has this ability, I just won't be mad that it wasn't used here and instead look forward to the use of more unique Jutsu.

Quote Originally Posted by exglitch67 View Post
    would rather believe that Naruto is too far away, or not looking into his eye
    Uh huh. And what about the first 3 seconds of the fight where Naruto literally rammed his face right into Tobi's mask?

Seems like it would have been a great time for Tobi to do a lot of things. Suck Naruto into a black hole. Hypnotize him with his Sharingan. Absorb his Tailed Beast Cloak with the Rinnegan.

All powers he could have used in that moment where he was in face-to-face physical contact with Naruto, if he didn't apparently forget he had them all.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Uh huh. And what about the first 3 seconds of the fight where Naruto literally rammed his face right into Tobi's mask?

Seems like it would have been a great time for Tobi to do a lot of things. Suck Naruto into a black hole. Hypnotize him with his Sharingan. Absorb his Tailed Beast Cloak with the Rinnegan.

All powers he could have used in that moment where he was in face-to-face physical contact with Naruto, if he didn't apparently forget he had them all.

The bane of almost every villain in every anime ever has been hubris in one form or another. Tobi even made the comment "He couldn't even crack this mask" meaning he probably didn't forget, but was rather testing Naruto. I still think its dumb he didn't black hole him somewhere else but as far as the mind control goes, Naruto could of easily bashed Tobi's face while looking between his eyes or anywhere else except for directly into Sharingan (which we agree is the requirement). Where often people make too many assumptions for the purpose of accepting bad plot holes, I feel like too many assumptions are being made to call this particular instance inconsistent. And while I agree he could of absorbed the tailed beast cloak at that time, given Naruto ultimately unlocked Karuma I doubt it would of done much good.

In the Itachi - kakashi fight, didn't Kakashi think he could counter Itachi's sharingan with his own?

I think we need to accept the statement Tobi's made about underestimating Naruto. How lame it may be, since Naruto almost single handedly defeated Pain, "a sage of the six paths".

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.