Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should we be actively trying to find new members?

Reading your posts is like a trip down memory lane. SK, Mut, ChaosKiddo, names I totally forgot existed.

We need to send out a mass email for a reunion thread~~~
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Haha yeah,

Mut = Works at a Phrama company now.
    ChaosKiddo = University Student now.
    FrogKing = Bio Researcher now.

How the times have change.

It's a bit scary when the only active Jounin titled member has been here since 2005.

Get new members, don't get new members, I don't really care. I'm fine with you guys. You might sometime be dicks but that's like whisky, it's an acquired taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    It's a bit scary when the only active Jounin titled member has been here since 2005.

Get new members, don't get new members, I don't really care. I'm fine with you guys. You might sometime be dicks but that's like whisky, it's an acquired taste.
    You aren't the only one dude.....

You are both just a few dozen posts away from being missing nins. Do it, do it!

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Blog Entries
    Fkin newblords :3

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    You are both just a few dozen posts away from being missing nins. Do it, do it!
    Pfft, don't rush it. It will happen when it happens...

Make a few dozen worthwhile posts that contribute and make missing nin at the same time. Two birds and one stone and all that.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash! View Post
    You aren't the only one dude.....
    If by "active", you mean "still visit the forums", then I second Splash's comment.

By any other means, however, you're not really "active"... otherwise you wouldn't be a Jounin.

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

wow, this thread is kinda sad to read

as for the "how to get new members" while also keeping it on the low effort-side: why not choose a certain array of running anime, then post links for those on the main page as quickly as the sub is released (unless it´s illegal to post other subgroups´ links on your own website)? Sure, most of the currently popular shows are horrible subs-subs anyway, but that´s not always the case. And i´d love to have some sort of quick overview of whats out, instead of having to go through several threads in the general anime-forum to find a link.
    at least that wouldn´t require any big effort like self-subbing anime. just an idea.

on the topic of "too little posters": I think that´s partly the fault of the anime offerings themselves. For a certain time span, there happened to be at least one, most of the time more than one, reaaaaally popular anime. Naruto, for example. Bleach, too. We had Death Note. And a bunch of others (School Days ). And then the big moe-wave began, and with it came the lack of "everybody is in on this anime!"-shows. Interest was too scattered. I mean, we can see what happens when such a show returns: The Attack on Titan, and HXH-topics are pretty active week after week.
    So I´d say ... anime killed anime-boards.

Personally, I´d like to see some more users, but how? Is Gotwoot on facebook? maybe do some promotion there?

PS: ITT I learned that Sapphire is female. :>

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    And i´d love to have some sort of quick overview of whats out, instead of having to go through several threads in the general anime-forum to find a link.
    at least that wouldn´t require any big effort like self-subbing anime. just an idea.
    If only there was a super-popular site, averaging 100 users a minute, entirely devoted to that purpose...

but that site is super crowded, and there´s raw files and other rubbish you have to dig through to find what you wanted. i thought of a more intimate selection, only giving links to those anime that we discuss in the forum.

oh well ...

Try clicking the link that says "Anime".

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Did MFauli just say that links are useful? :3

I agree that anime in general killed anime-boards. Every board got a decrease in interest/traffic I'd imagine. The smaller ones are more noticeable.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~