Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden: Episode 329

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter View Post
    I don't think releasing them of without the use of force would kill the host. In Naruto's case, it is a simple matter of opening the seal which would release Kurama's chakra and let him leave the host body.
    Now that you say that, I can't remember at all hearing Kurama talking about leaving Naruto's body even when he was malicious. He was always about taking control of the body (and then just going beast mode). Maybe it just assumed that it could self-release the seal.. but then his having control would indicate that he was already free..

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I think the issue was one of priorities for Kurama. He couldn't even get a bit of chakra out without Naruto getting emotional and thus vulnerable to being manipulated by him, but even then that was Naruto being emotional and mentally weak by drawing upon Kurama's chakra. In this context, escaping was out of the question as priority number one was to get around the seal by having Naruto draw upon his power so the task was to get Naruto to do this. Once this was done and Kurama could get more and more of his chakra out he may have tried to break free.

In terms of being controlled by the Sharingan when outside, the hypnosis seems to be a kind of genjutsu which I don't see why it can't be dispelled like a regular genjutsu when working with a partner who can jolt you out of it by providing a chakra burst in to your system.
    If all you had to do was touch it and inject some chakra into it, it wouldn't be the disaster that it was when Madara and Tobi took control of it.

As for the summons, if you can't control the beast then I don't think the summon is going to be useful for you.
    It does if all you care about is stuffing it into the statue and you're Tobi.

Step 1. Teleport someplace 100 miles away.

Step 2. Summon the Nine-tails.

Step 3. Sharingan him and seal him in the statue.

Besides, a summon would indicate a contract which if the Kyuubi doesn't want can't be useful given that it seems the only Kyuubi agreed to the contract was under genjutsu/by force.
    That is making a huge assumption. Tailed Beasts aren't Animal Summons. We don't know if the same rules apply to them.

It's also irrelevant because if there is a contract, Tobi already has it because he summoned the Nine-tails back when he fought the 4th.

I don't recall it being said that a jinchuuriki enhances the power of the bijuu, do you have a reference for that?
    I thought it was said by Diedara and Tobi after they defeated the 3-tails. But most of that arc was filler, so I'm not sure.

EDIT: Found it

It seems to me that this isn't even actually full beast mode but a weaker form. Remember Naruto only has access to half Kyuubi's chakara and perhaps if he had it all he would be able to transform in to the full solid beast. Bee, who has also taken control of Hachibi's power, doesn't have a glowing mode and that would indicate to me he just jumps straight to the full transformation.
    I disagree.

Bee and Naruto aren't the same. Even though Bee controls Gyuki's power, his chakra cloak is exactly the same as every other Jinchuuriki's chakra cloak mode. Even though he supposedly has full control and cooperation, his cloak is still blood red, burns shit that it touches, and doesn't react to the wood style or give him the ability to sense hostility, just like Naruto's was before he defeated Kurama.

For whatever reason, Naruto's transformation is completely different from the other Jinchuuriki's(because he's the Six Path's reincarnation or some shit). And for whatever reason, now that they are teamed up, that transformation is being extended to Kurama's beast mode.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 09-09-2013 at 03:04 AM.

You can argue that Naruto can sense evil intent because Kurama is supposed to be the embodiment of evil/hatred or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    You can argue that Naruto can sense evil intent because Kurama is supposed to be the embodiment of evil/hatred or whatever.
    The latest episodes have very effectively removed that option.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    The latest episodes have very effectively removed that option.
    Exactly. At this point, it's obvious that that's merely propaganda.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 09-09-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    If all you had to do was touch it and inject some chakra into it, it wouldn't be the disaster that it was when Madara and Tobi took control of it.
    Maybe it was a disaster previously because even when you freed Kyuubi from control it would still go on a rampage fuelled by its own hatred, as it did against Konoha when Tobi was defeated by Minato. Now Kurama is an ally so that shouldn't be a factor.

It does if all you care about is stuffing it into the statue and you're Tobi.

Step 1. Teleport someplace 100 miles away.

Step 2. Summon the Nine-tails.

Step 3. Sharingan him and seal him in the statue.
    Fair point. Though I think if Naruto could learn his dad's teleportation technique then he could overcome it but that's just n

That is making a huge assumption. Tailed Beasts aren't Animal Summons. We don't know if the same rules apply to them.

It's also irrelevant because if there is a contract, Tobi already has it because he summoned the Nine-tails back when he fought the 4th.
    We don't know the rules of any contract so any comments on them are going to be assumptions. My point is about attempting to break the contract as when it was originally made it might have been done by force, hence being invalid.

I thought it was said by Diedara and Tobi after they defeated the 3-tails. But most of that arc was filler, so I'm not sure.

EDIT: Found it
    The assumption Deidara is making is that the Bijuu don't have minds, which as we have now seen is clearly false. So I would categorise this as non-applicable.

I disagree.

Bee and Naruto aren't the same. Even though Bee controls Gyuki's power, his chakra cloak is exactly the same as every other Jinchuuriki's chakra cloak mode. Even though he supposedly has full control and cooperation, his cloak is still blood red, burns shit that it touches, and doesn't react to the wood style or give him the ability to sense hostility, just like Naruto's was before he defeated Kurama.

For whatever reason, Naruto's transformation is completely different from the other Jinchuuriki's(because he's the Six Path's reincarnation or some shit). And for whatever reason, now that they are teamed up, that transformation is being extended to Kurama's beast mode.
    I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on this as it can't be resolved until there is further comment on this from the series/manga itself.

Maybe it was a disaster previously because even when you freed Kyuubi from control it would still go on a rampage fuelled by its own hatred, as it did against Konoha when Tobi was defeated by Minato. Now Kurama is an ally so that shouldn't be a factor.
    True.

The assumption Deidara is making is that the Bijuu don't have minds, which as we have now seen is clearly false. So I would categorise this as non-applicable.
    The reasoning behind it may have been false, but he still obviously believes that the 3-tails was an easier battle than it would have been if it'd had a Jinchuuriki. Which is a conclusion I can only assume he is able to draw because the 3-tails was easier to defeat than Gaara was.

When he says they lack a mind, I think he's mostly talking about them being stupid. Which...they kinda are. Or at the very least, unskilled. They have a huge amount of power, but outside of just generic blasts of power, none of them seem to know how to do any kind of Jutsu.

The kind of versatility that a skilled Jinchuuriki, using the Bijuu's power to shape a variety of Jutsu, provides can likely make them more dangerous to hunt than the beasts in the wild.

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on this as it can't be resolved until there is further comment on this from the series/manga itself.
    Fair enough.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 09-09-2013 at 08:28 AM.

So after watching this episode again, I noticed a couple extra details that made me lol.

1. Baby 7-tails is a catarpillar.

2. When Naruto's transformation ends, his jacket magically zips itself back up.

Damn, i haven't watched any Naruto for SO fucking long, how long ago did the "zombie war" end? is some awesome shit happening?

Like, the last episode i watched was nr 261 lol, so i might just have myself a bit of a Naruto marathon soon.

I will skip all the filler episodes though, and if i use this site as a guide, that apparently leaves me with 34 non-filler episodes to watch.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    Damn, i haven't watched any Naruto for SO fucking long, how long ago did the "zombie war" end?
    It didn't. We're still in the middle of it.

is some awesome shit happening?
    Yes.

Well sheeeeit, haven't watched it in over a year and they're still in the zombie wars... i guess that's what happens when its like 50% filler eps lol

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Well sheeeeit, haven't watched it in over a year and they're still in the zombie wars... i guess that's what happens when its like 50% filler eps lol
    Well, presumably, this arc is still going on in the manga, which is like 100 chapters ahead.

I guess this is Naruto's Namek.

Depending on whether Sasuke and Naruto fight for good in this arc, couldn't this be the last arc of the whole story? Otherwise I guess there would be the single final arc reserved for that confrontation. Unless the manga doesn't know when to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Depending on whether Sasuke and Naruto fight for good in this arc, couldn't this be the last arc of the whole story? Otherwise I guess there would be the single final arc reserved for that confrontation. Unless the manga doesn't know when to end.
    I've heard that this is supposed to be the last arc.

Personally, I hope that the final battle between Naruto and Sasuke is almost, like, an epilogue thing.

Like this is the big war for the fate of the word, and in the end, Sasuke is the only antagonist that's not dead/deafeated at the end of the arc, and then it just skips to like 5 years laters, and Naruto is Hokage and he's just facing off against Sasuke at the Valley of the End. And it's just the First Vs. Madara all over again.

That's basically my prediction for the rest of the series.

1. Itachi beats Kabuto, releases Edo Tensei, which gets rid of himself, Madara, and all the other reanimations.

2. Tobi captures Bee, pulls the 8-tails in the statue, uses the Gold/Silver brothers as a substitute for Kurama, and awakens the 10-tails. Then becomes the 10-tails Jinchuuriki.

3. Naruto defeats Tobi, most likely by engaging in a "inner battle" with him where he pulls the Bijuu out of Tobi and into himself one at a time. War's over.

4. Years later, Naruto fights Sasuke for the fate of the village. Naruto is the Jinchuuriki of all 9 Bijuu now, Sasuke has the Rinnegan, etc.

I really wanted Naruto to, at some point, find a way to free his dad and the other Hokage's spirits as well as the other half of Kurama's chakra from the Death God's stomach, but if this really is the last arc, I don't know when he'd find the time to do that.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Tue, 09-10-2013 at 07:09 AM.

Where does Sakura come in all this? Does she cry over Sasuke's grave? Or does Naruto die while saving Sasuke from his hatred (his one final deed to fulfil his promise of ridding the world of hatred), and then Sakura looks on Naruto's grave instead but doesn't fuck Sasuke because she finally decides that he's not that great after all.

If Naruto dies, he'll release all 9 beasts before he does. They go their own way, but somewhere down the track Konohamaru tracks down Kurama and challenges him to a fight.

I actually didn't have any real prediction for how that Naruto/Sasuke fight would end. In keeping with the theme of the series, Naruto would probably beat him, then talk him out of his ways.

The twist would of course be them both dying like Naruto said.

Or they could do the usual unsatisfying anime thing and have it end without showing us the outcome.

But no matter what happens, it's safe to say Sakura will be useless.

But no matter what happens, it's safe to say Sakura will be useless.
    It would be far better if she was useless than the other alternative which might be interfering with the fight by suddenly preventing Naruto from landing a decisive blow, and in exchange allowing Sasuke to successfully counterattack, perhaps damaging both Sakura and Naruto. Unfortunately I can't trust this story enough to stop myself from imaging such a nasty scene.

I mean, I guess it's not really fair to call her useless. She's the White Mage. Which is a perfectly useful and noble character to be, but makes you pretty much useless in terms of influencing the plot.