Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 327-328

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

Naruto Shippuuden Episode 327-328

[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 327: 1080p | 720p | 480p

[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 328: 1080p | 720p | 480p
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Thu, 08-29-2013 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Fixed links and added ep328

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Every time they give Kyuubi screen time, I feel like the author is mellowing him out, despite lines like "Your feelings will never reach the bijuu". It doesn't matter that Kyuubi is oft so passive in helping Naruto and apparently wants Naruto to pull it off by himself (as opposed to Hachibi, for example). I can't help but think all those little things that seemingly suggest otherwise are nothing but sugarcoating the larger undercurrent of making Kyuubi a good guy by the end of this story. One major factor is the amount of talking Kyuubi does now. By agreeing to so much dialogue with Naruto, it's clear Kyuubi doesn't think he's just wasting his time, and generally speaking the more Kyuubi talks, the less demonic he seems. The other alternative would be Kyuubi trying to fool Naruto in order to gain freedom, but since this is Naruto and not some more sophisticated story, I count that a slim chance.

Anyway, based on the preview Tobi is going to summon the statue. What a splendid opportunity to smash it for good!

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    What seems strange is that Naruto was strong enough to pwn Kyuubi, even if it was only at half its power.
    So imho, Kyuubi is not a threat to Naruto.
    Now Naruto only needs enough power margin to manage Kyuubi when released, so that he can slap it without destroying everything around because of an Odama rasengan barrage...
    In the end, Kyuubi isn't strong enough anymore to take control of Naruto, so his options are prison or cooperation since Naruto doesn't want to control it like Tobi or Madara would.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Double episode this week!

[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 328 1080p / 720p / 480p

Wait, I already had 328 first...and there didn't seem to be anything missing in between that episode and last week's.

Was something mislabeled, are was 327 just really pointless?

Anyway, 328 was pretty pointless too. Way too much flashbacks. Didn't really need an entire series recap here.

At least there was some Sage Mode. It always makes me happy to see that get brought back.

I still think he needs to find away to combine Personal/Demon/Nature chakra together into one form though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Every time they give Kyuubi screen time, I feel like the author is mellowing him out, despite lines like "Your feelings will never reach the bijuu". It doesn't matter that Kyuubi is oft so passive in helping Naruto and apparently wants Naruto to pull it off by himself (as opposed to Hachibi, for example). I can't help but think all those little things that seemingly suggest otherwise are nothing but sugarcoating the larger undercurrent of making Kyuubi a good guy by the end of this story. One major factor is the amount of talking Kyuubi does now. By agreeing to so much dialogue with Naruto, it's clear Kyuubi doesn't think he's just wasting his time, and generally speaking the more Kyuubi talks, the less demonic he seems.
    I think it boils down to this:

Kurama wants Naruto to succeed. Partially because if he fails, Kurama is going to end up being part of the 10-tails again, which he doesn't want, and partially because he has grown fond of Naruto.

But, Kurama is also prideful as hell, and likes his demonic badboy image, so he would never admit any of that to Naruto.

The other alternative would be Kyuubi trying to fool Naruto in order to gain freedom, but since this is Naruto and not some more sophisticated story, I count that a slim chance.
    Haha, that would be awesome.

"You have changed me Naruto. Release this seal and I will use my full power to fight these baduys."

*which he actually would, because, again, he doesn't want those badguys that want to use him to win, but as soon as the battle is over*

"Hahaha! Fuck you dummy! I'm out of here! Also, have some beast balls on my way out!"

Anyway, based on the preview Tobi is going to summon the statue. What a splendid opportunity to smash it for good!
    I doubt the 10-tail's body is destroyable by any attack anyone can muster. Otherwise the SotSPs would have destroyed it instead of sealing it on the moon.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Thu, 08-29-2013 at 03:22 PM.

I also never noticed I skipped an ep when I watched 328. Now I had a look at 327, and it's clear why I didn't notice a thing: It contained nothing new unless you count monologues from Kyuubi (which I don't even want to see, like I said before: A demonic beast doesn't need to talk shit all the time. It just needs to smash things).

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I doubt the 10-tail's body is destroyable by any attack anyone can muster. Otherwise the SotSPs would have destroyed it instead of sealing it on the moon.
    What, you think it can only be unmade in the fires of Mount Doom? Seems pretty troublesome if there isn't any straightforward way to extract all the bijuu from it due to it being indestructible. Although I'm somewhat looking forward to seeing just how Naruto intends to deal with a whole host of bijuu. It would be quite risky to cut them loose, yet what choice does he have if he wants to be friends with them? You can't be friends with prisoners if you aren't a prisoner yourself.

Besides, even if he does simply free them, in a number of years ninja villages would capture them again, lusting for the jinchuuriki power.

What, you think it can only be unmade in the fires of Mount Doom? Seems pretty troublesome if there isn't any straightforward way to extract all the bijuu from it due to it being indestructible.
    Given that it's basically the artifact around which all the villains plans revolve, I think it's EXACTLY that.

It's the body of a god-demon. And getting the bijuu from it will likely require some kind of complicated jutsu or Battle in the Center of the Mind rather than hitting it real hard.

Although I'm somewhat looking forward to seeing just how Naruto intends to deal with a whole host of bijuu. It would be quite risky to cut them loose, yet what choice does he have if he wants to be friends with them? You can't be friends with prisoners if you aren't a prisoner yourself.
    He should send them to the moon, where they can live free from humans.

Besides, even if he does simply free them, in a number of years ninja villages would capture them again, lusting for the jinchuuriki power.
    It's pretty obvious that by the end of this, the ninja villages are all going to be friends and won't need them anymore.

Granted, rogue ninjas could still go after them, but unless you're an Akatsuki-level organization, you aren't going to be much of a threat to all the villages combined.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Thu, 08-29-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Anyone have a problem with the links downloading a different torrent than Naruto?

Yeah, some of Buff's links are wrong.

I also never noticed I skipped an ep when I watched 328. Now I had a look at 327, and it's clear why I didn't notice a thing: It contained nothing new unless you count monologues from Kyuubi (which I don't even want to see, like I said before: A demonic beast doesn't need to talk shit all the time. It just needs to smash things).
    I felt the same way as you kinda, but honestly, that episode practically changed my mind.

It was just really cool seeing the series from Kurama's perspective. And it definitely shows why he's so willing to help Naruto all the time. Because helping Naruto helps him escape. And it shows how sinister and tricky he was being the whole time.

I also don't feel so bad about his change now. When I consider the kinds of monsters that Naruto manages to change good after a single conversation, it's not as all surprising that even a demon falls victim to it after being exposed to it for an entire lifetime.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Woops, sorry about the links guys. Fixed, and added 328 as well (didn't know it was around, but glad to have it since there isn't even enough content between these two eps to make one proper one).

I thought the whole point of having a bijuu army was to have more than one around. It was basically 2 vs 7 before, but now it's currently 2 vs 1 plus Tobi. I really dislike it when the heroes can regain their number advantages whenever it's convenient to do so.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I thought the whole point of having a bijuu army was to have more than one around.
    I'm sure that was Tobi's plan, but they immediately showed that once he has them go full size, he can have difficulty controlling them.

They work when they're just in chakra cloak mode, but if he brought all 6 to full beast mode at once, he'd probably have more than one of them attacking him instead.

It was just really cool seeing the series from Kurama's perspective. And it definitely shows why he's so willing to help Naruto all the time. Because helping Naruto helps him escape. And it shows how sinister and tricky he was being the whole time.
    That's true - but on the other hand everybody knew from the beginning Kyuubi was only helping Naruto in order to escape the seal prison, so the episode didn't reveal anything new at all. Like I said before, the more the monster talks and thinks audibly, the less demonic it will be. In fact the more we just see it, the less demonic it will be.

I also don't feel so bad about his change now. When I consider the kinds of monsters that Naruto manages to change good after a single conversation, it's not as all surprising that even a demon falls victim to it after being exposed to it for an entire lifetime.
    He has managed to change people, none of whom have possibly been true psychopaths. A demon is not a human. It shouldn't necessarily even be able to change. That's my problem with it. Kyuubi is Kyuubi; there's no reason to make him just another mistreated human in the clothes of a demon fox. He would be just fine being the scorpion of the scorpion and the frog. The only problem is that Kishimoto might have written himself into a trap since Naruto intends to save (change) the whole (ninja) world. So, for the story's sake he can't have a fundamentally unsavable fiend right next to him. Such a thing would probably make this story a bit too mature...

That's true - but on the other hand everybody knew from the beginning Kyuubi was only helping Naruto in order to escape the seal prison, so the episode didn't reveal anything new at all.
    I wouldn't say "from the beginning". Originally, they kind of gave the impression that Kurama helped Naruto when he was going to die, because if he did, he'd die too.

I don't think it was till after the timeskip that they really introduced the concept of the Kyuubi escaping if Naruto used enough of his power.

A demon is not a human. It shouldn't necessarily even be able to change. That's my problem with it. Kyuubi is Kyuubi; there's no reason to make him just another mistreated human in the clothes of a demon fox. He would be just fine being the scorpion of the scorpion and the frog.
    I guess the question then becomes, was he ever really a demon in the first place? Or was he just a very powerful animal spirit and the whole "demon" thing is just a matter of his disposition and how the shinobi world views him.

I guess it depends what the Ten-Tails was to begin with. Like, when he was still in one piece, was he really a demonic thing, or was he, like, some kind of animal as well. Like a 10-tailed Dragon or something.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Fri, 08-30-2013 at 08:29 AM.