Thread: Smart Screen

Jounin

Smart Screen

So... I decided to visit a few fansub sites and lo'an behold, Windows Smartscreen (Windows 8) apparently has them listed as unsafe now and refuses to let me access those sites. So I disabled it to access them.

I was wondering if anyone has a way to alter the Smartscreen so it stops blocking the websites without disabling the Smartscreen?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Skill View Post
    So... I decided to visit a few fansub sites and lo'an behold, Windows Smartscreen (Windows 8) apparently has them listed as unsafe now and refuses to let me access those sites. So I disabled it to access them.

I was wondering if anyone has a way to alter the Smartscreen so it stops blocking the websites without disabling the Smartscreen?
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/w...website-owners

Note the last drop-down (Can I customize a list of trusted sites for SmartScreen Filter in Internet Explorer 8? ) about Trusted Sites. I don't have Windows 8, but it sounds like you can add the fansub sites to the Trusted list, and tell Smartscreen not to automatically check them.

edit: the fix seems to be an Internet Explorer specific one. It may not work if you use something else.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Thu, 08-08-2013 at 05:04 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Jounin
    Nice, thanks Buff.

I find it odd that certain fansubs are listed. :P

I guess we know who's pockets Microsoft is in, even though Hollywood uses macs instead of windows based computers. :P

I think a lot of fansub sites deal in unauthorized distribution of copyrighted work so they qualify as questionable sites.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Sites with DDL-links are often flagged. That might be why.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~