Thread: One Piece Episode 602

One Piece Episode 602

Episode 602 - NWTChuu

- - - - - - --- - - --

A couple of interesting things happened in this episode: Caesar didn't separate Franky from the rest despite being interested in Vegapunk's laser earlier and an apple turned into a devil's fruit. I can't really see some random chain doing much to slow down Franky, so he alone should be plenty to free the rest. No idea who's going to eat the devil's fruit, though. For the random sack of apples to be there in the first place I was wondering if Caesar had a theory this might happen, but perhaps the apples were just food for the dragon or to attract Smiley.

I guess Monet doesn't want to live without her heart. I suppose it was her who sent the message to Chopper. After all, there weren't too many people around, and Monet was shown to be writing stuff. Unless somebody else is hiding in there, just like Chopper.

The fruit was definitely the most interesting part.

My suspicion is this. Smiley was a Devil's Fruit eater, which explains why his weakness is water like Ceasar said and also explains...well...his form.

And I think maybe we just saw what happens to a Devil's Fruit when a user dies. Another nearby fruit turns into that fruit.

This explains why the apples were there(because Ceasar would want to get the fruit back so he can do this all over again), and it also explains how Blackbeard took Whitebeards Devil's Fruit power(though not how he is able to eat two fruits without dying).

Also explains why Devil's Fruits all look like normal fruit except for the texture, if they all started OUT as normal fruit.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 07-01-2013 at 03:42 AM.

Hmm... That's a pretty sound theory, as a matter of fact. Too bad we have seen so few fruit user deaths that there's not much evidence to really evaluate it. But if it's really the case, we ought to see a marine with Ace's fire power soon, because he died at such a place. Unless some lucky nearby pirate had a fruit in his backpocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Hmm... That's a pretty sound theory, as a matter of fact. Too bad we have seen so few fruit user deaths that there's not much evidence to really evaluate it. But if it's really the case, we ought to see a marine with Ace's fire power soon, because he died at such a place. Unless some lucky nearby pirate had a fruit in his backpocket.
    Well, Oda did confirm a long time ago that there are no two of the same powers in the world, however, the power becomes "up for grabs" sometime after the user has died. So another fire user is a possibility in the future.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I'm going to assume for now that it just transforms whatever piece of fruit happens to be closest. So it could be in the hands of anyone at the war really.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I'm going to assume for now that it just transforms whatever piece of fruit happens to be closest. So it could be in the hands of anyone at the war really.
    I can't help but imagine some dude sitting around with an apple in his hands, starting to take a bite when, BAM, fire powers.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07