Thread: One Piece Episode 596

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I'm not sure Ace would have even been able to do much, since it seems to be flowing over the burning half of the island without injury.
    Looks like Ace could have wiped out half of the island by setting the big blob on fire. I wonder why Caeser told the thing is weak against water. There's plenty of water around, so why would he tell the people how to fight it?

Luffy made a bad call by hugging the madman instead of knocking him out. Caesar doesn't really strike me as an awesome fighter, but the fruit ability is highly dangerous.

Luffy Vs. Smoshigi was a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I wonder why Caeser told the thing is weak against water. There's plenty of water around, so why would he tell the people how to fight it?
    I assumed that part was internal monologue.

I wonder if the reason this slime is weak against water is because it ate a fruit.

Luffy made a bad call by hugging the madman instead of knocking him out. Caesar doesn't really strike me as an awesome fighter, but the fruit ability is highly dangerous.
    Luffy...not experienced in kidnapping.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I wonder if the reason this slime is weak against water is because it ate a fruit.
    Who knows. I thought it would just be diluted and dissolved... But perhaps we will see since obviously the people need to fight back in the end. If it was indeed internal monologue, then someone needs to happen to try it by chance or deduction and we will know.

Looks like Ace could have wiped out half of the island by setting the big blob on fire. I wonder why Caeser told the thing is weak against water. There's plenty of water around, so why would he tell the people how to fight it?
    Sure, Ace could blow it up, Aokiji could probably freeze it, and Magellan could roll around in it.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Sure, Ace could blow it up, Aokiji could probably freeze it, and Magellan could roll around in it.
    No need to be sarcastic. A week ago I was merely wondering if fire was the only effective means of getting rid of it. Now it was proven fire would be highly effective. Too highly.

No need to be sarcastic.
    o_O?? I was just adding to your list, though.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Oh, sorry. I guess I read too much into it, when you started to list strong people with different abilities. I only mentioned the dead man because he was a fire user, not really because I'd have thought only really strong people with specific abilities would stand a chance.

Still, I'm confused how, if fire makes it explode, it wasn't constantly exploding when it was rolling over the firelands.

Maybe because it was moving all the time. It might be covered by some slime that offers limited protection from fire. The flamethrower took quite a while do anything. A normal animal would have died in a fraction of the time.