Thread: One Piece Chapter 706

One Piece Chapter 706

[MangaStream] One Piece c.706: MediaFire | SendSpace | Online Viewing

looks like he had a redemption arc playing behind our backs... he got back all badass

Is it me or is Luffy's block devoid of anyone who can challenge him?

Seems that way to me too but you can never really tell and I think the difficulty Luffy is going to have is winning without revealing who he is. I am loving these characters though particularly the Funk Brothers. Why did Abdullah have to look like an ape though?
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    looks like he had a redemption arc playing behind our backs... he got back all badass
    Figured as much with the "pillar of gold" reference earlier in the chapter. Damn, kinda want to see what happened to Skypeia now.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Abdula View Post
    Seems that way to me too but you can never really tell and I think the difficulty Luffy is going to have is winning without revealing who he is. I am loving these characters though particularly the Funk Brothers. Why did Abdullah have to look like an ape though?
    Well if he's going in as a swordsman, wouldnt he just imbue it with haki and win that way?

Oh if that spartan guy that Luffy knocked out a couple chapters ago is any indication of the level of fighters in his block then he should have no problem winning the first battle. Its later when he has to go up against Burgess, Bartolomeo and Bellamy that I think he will have trouble winning without using his DF powers and that will be a dead giveaway with the marines already there and everything..
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    I'm interested in Bellamy's turn. He has determination now, and seems to understand Luffy and how he acted in Jaya (i.e., why Luffy didn't fight in the bar when Bellamy insulted him). He was almost humble, in an exciting "I get it now, let's be rivals!" kind of way. I hope Bellamy was just taunting/teasing Luffy about Skypeia, and that he has turned chaotic neutral like Luffy and all the cool admirals.

I predict a Bellamy flashback.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville View Post
    I'm interested in Bellamy's turn. He has determination now, and seems to understand Luffy and how he acted in Jaya (i.e., why Luffy didn't fight in the bar when Bellamy insulted him). He was almost humble, in an exciting "I get it now, let's be rivals!" kind of way. I hope Bellamy was just taunting/teasing Luffy about Skypeia, and that he has turned chaotic neutral like Luffy and all the cool admirals.

I predict a Bellamy flashback.
    I'm pretty sure he did actually make it to skypeia. They said earlier in the chapter that he brought back a pillar of gold.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

but they don't really care about gold up there. maybe he went up, fought a bit, had adventures, made friends and was given a pillar of gold as a goodbye gift?

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    I don`t think that`s what Oda tried to imply, no.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Actually Im with Death BOO Z on this one. It sounds like something Oda would do, remember Luffy's crew didn't understand that they were being given a gift. They thought they were being chased out.