Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Piece Chapter 705

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Because nobody has ever obtained a devil's power by just spontaneously eating a fruit before (luffy, momonosuke, buggy...)
    Yeah, because the tournament going smoothly and the victor receiving his prize is clearly spontaneous.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    http://www.mangastream.to/one-piece-...4-page-14.html

I'd trust Mangastream's translation over that one
    I didn't realize Mangastream had an archive... thanks
    That is a huge difference in translation...

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    http://www.mangastream.to/one-piece-...4-page-14.html

I'd trust Mangastream's translation over that one
    I would too ordinarily except that Zoro's comment there is in no way related to the conversation the rest of them are having about water salinity and Luffy as usual being unable to understand so in context the other version makes sense. On the other hand though it could be just Zoro being Zoro and making a completely random comment. He and Luffy do go off and have their own conversation.

Anyway I just wanted to say that I think giving the mera-mera to a sword is a terrible idea. Given the level of power Ace displayed in his fight with Blackbeard putting that into a sword, a weapon anyone would be able to use would be a complete waste of its potential. Besides, if memory serves, all the devil-fruit weapons we have seen so far were zoan type. I don't see why anyone would give a sword a logia fruit.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

ANBU Captain
    The other thing to take in to consideration if zoro's sword ate the fruit is.....could he hold it? I mean unless the sword would only be flamed from the hilt up then fine, but it could be a flamethrower, a fireball cannon, etc. it seems to me that all of its potential would be the furthest from blade like abilities. I recall Ace creating to cross like stabbing items against Blackbeard but he was in full control of the fruit. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Abdula View Post
    I would too ordinarily except that Zoro's comment there is in no way related to the conversation the rest of them are having about water salinity and Luffy as usual being unable to understand so in context the other version makes sense. On the other hand though it could be just Zoro being Zoro and making a completely random comment. He and Luffy do go off and have their own conversation.

Anyway I just wanted to say that I think giving the mera-mera to a sword is a terrible idea. Given the level of power Ace displayed in his fight with Blackbeard putting that into a sword, a weapon anyone would be able to use would be a complete waste of its potential. Besides, if memory serves, all the devil-fruit weapons we have seen so far were zoan type. I don't see why anyone would give a sword a logia fruit.
    That is a good point as well. At least with the zoan types, the weapon has some sort of intelligence that allows it to transform in a way that synergizes with its wielder. How would a sword with the fire fruit be able to communicate with zoro at all, let alone actually share its power with him?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

to quote something Oda said long ago about Zoro speaking with his mouth full - Zore speaks with his heart.
    maybe that means he can also speak to the sword?