Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Chapter 620

Naruto Chapter 620

That was an awesome chapter. Even if the combat elements of it were just as confusing as they usually are. I think that's what I dislike in Naruto if anything. I need to read chapters with combat like 2-3 times to know whats going on. That was a mess. But no I really like the direction this is taking.

But I do have a rather LARGE issue brewing with one thing that was said or hinted on. One of my favorite aspects of oro and I am sure many people agree is his character does things based on a whim or just because. Fueled also by his desire to master every jutsu and live forever. Hence oros famous line a motionless windmill is sometimes nice but usually it's boring or pointless etc. I forget the wording but that statement kind of summed up oros character and his thoughts about life in general.

They hinted that oro has some other reason I hope this reason does not completely crush his character. But as much as I like oro I feel like his point in the series is long gone and I have lost interest in him. So I don't want oro to be any of the final villains in the series. But I still want his character to remain undamaged.

That was a terrible chapter. Even trying to imagine how anybody could have enjoyed it, gives me an aneurysm.

Anyway. Im soooo sick of those Uchiha/Senju-flashbacks. They sucked when Madara told Sasuke shit, and they suck now.

Also, now there´s a chance a revived person could break free from Edo Tensei? Bullshit!

Oh, and I guess Naruto just randomly turned into Bleach. "What a presence" and the walls start crumbling. lol.

Well Madara broke the Edo Tensei, there is no way that the man who defeated him won't be able to do it as well. I'm actually surprised Tobirama hasn't been able to do it.

I also get the feeling this might be the rehabilitation of not just Sasuke but Orochimaru too. They are both essentially the same type of character but from different generations; geniuses who went crazy due to the loss of family. Hashirama might be the father/grandfather figure both have needed to calm them down. Plus there is no way these guys won't be joining the battle now that they have sensed what is going on, which would require the agreement of Orochimaru.

Lower your fingers; badass brothers.
    So this confirms/retcons that the 3rd only bitchedslapped them the first time cause they weren't revived at full power. Also the flashback fight has already been animated, I hope it brings some new shit to the table next week instead of showing it again.
    -----------------

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    It was animated already? what episode?
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

ANBU Captain
    It wasn't their "presence" that broke the walls they were physically pushing with their bodies. And only the ground under the first was all broken. It doesn't matter anyways. They brought them back and made the 4th look weak by comparison after saying he was the strongest shinobi ever produced.

I don't think we can say the 4th is weak. You are comparing him with the strongest ninja of all time probably apart from the Sage of Six Paths and his brother. You can see that the only reason Orochimaru has managed to hold Tobirama is because he is using Hashirama's cells, something he can only keep up for a max of 3 years until he needs to change bodies again. Unless of course he goes to another Zetsu clone.

The real weak one out of all this looks like Sandaime.

Well, what is "weak"?

Afaik, Sandaime is "the professor", because he knows of so many jutsu. So, while the first and second (and fourth?) might be stronger per se, Sarutobi might still be able to keep up with them thanks to the higher number of options he´s got.

In the end, those that are the strongest seem to be the most laid back and joke the most. First, Fourth, Naruto, Bee, etc.

Sasuke, Itachi, Gaara, Neji, most of the bad guys.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Pretty great chapter. I'm really looking forward to next week's.

I don't think Minato appears weak. He has never been a flashy, show-off type. He is quiet and does what needs to be done when it needs to be done. I'm sure once they begin combat, the other hokage will be impressed by his abilities, beginning when he teleports them all to the battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidnne View Post
    Pretty great chapter. I'm really looking forward to next week's.

I don't think Minato appears weak. He has never been a flashy, show-off type. He is quiet and does what needs to be done when it needs to be done. I'm sure once they begin combat, the other hokage will be impressed by his abilities, beginning when he teleports them all to the battlefield.

Well he wont be able to teleport to the battlefield because he doesn't have one of his special daggers/kunai over there.

I think the daggers are special because of he imbued them with his chackra. so why shouldn't he be able to teleport to naruto?
    aren't they both using the same kind of chackra?

I think it is more likely that Tobirama would do the teleporting, as he supposedly had advanced space-time ninjutsu.

Quote Originally Posted by toonice714 View Post
    It wasn't their "presence" that broke the walls they were physically pushing with their bodies. And only the ground under the first was all broken. It doesn't matter anyways. They brought them back and made the 4th look weak by comparison after saying he was the strongest shinobi ever produced.
    Yes it was their presence. They talked about this before, the first time Orochimaru brought Hashirama back and Oonoki mentioned it again when Kabuto brought Madara back. Madara and Hashirama aren't in the same league as other ninjas. Secondly the whole presence thing has been covered too like almost every time Naruto ever used the kyuubi's chakra beginning with his fight with Haku, or when Orochimaru was first introduced. Thirdly, after all the jinchuriki you've seen in action by now you would think you would be used to people destroying stuff with just pure chakra, Naruto has done it before. The rasengan is just chakra, the bijuu-dama is just chakra, the bijuu themselves are just concentrations of chakra. At this point you should just accept that chakra is magic and can do anything. Finally. the 4th was said to be the strongest ninja the leaf village had ever produced, at that time anyway, and there is nothing to dispute that. Madara, Hashirama and Tobirama don't count because the village didn't produce them. They created the village.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Chaos View Post
    In the end, those that are the strongest seem to be the most laid back and joke the most. First, Fourth, Naruto, Bee, etc.
    It makes sense for the strongest characters to be the most laid back, in addition those 4 have a great deal of confidence in themselves and their strength so that contributes too.
    Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    Sasuke, Itachi, Gaara, Neji, most of the bad guys.
    I'm assuming you are trying to contradict what Chaos said but there are a few things you are missing. Firstly, Sasuke and Itachi are Uchiha, they have emo genes as someone phrased it in the last chapter's thread so they don't count. Secondly, Gaara and Neji were two extremely traumatized kids from 2 epicly dysfuctional famalies, seriously only the Uchiha top them. Lastly, most of the bad guys were power hungry which is the reason they were bad guys in the first place, power hungry people aren't known for being laid back.
    Last edited by Abdula; Wed, 02-13-2013 at 06:13 PM.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

I`m sure there`s a reason as to why they`re not laid back, doesn`t changes the fact that they`re not laid back.

We got to have an undead rematch of Madara vs Hashirama now, with Madara controlling the Jyuubi instead of Kyuubi this time round.

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    I`m sure there`s a reason as to why they`re not laid back, doesn`t changes the fact that they`re not laid back.
    -_- Wait wait. Are you just dismissing the reason those characters are not laid back, because of the fact that they are not laid back when Chaos's post as well as my own was about the reason those characters are laid back in the first place. "Those that are the strongest seem to be the most laid back and joke the most." That is what he posted so I don't know what it is you're disputing particularly by giving examples of weaker characters, relative to Hashirama anyway, that aren't laid back. My point was that those characters are so laid back not necessarily or solely because of their strength but because of their confidence in their abilities. A perfect example of that that would be shikamaru. If you had used him as an example of a weak character who is laid back then you would have had a counter to what Chaos said but that is not what you did. I am confused.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!