Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 297

Naruto Shippuuden Episode 297

[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 297: 1080p | 720p | 480p

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Cheezy backstory. Next week shows promise though.
    Last edited by Killa-Eyez; Thu, 01-24-2013 at 07:01 AM.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Cheezy backstory? You're insane. Gaara's backstory is one of the best in the series.

Granted, it's one we've seen before, but it's retold at a different angle which gives it a completely different context.

This was a great episode. I love Gaara as a character, and this is probably the climax of his entire character arc.

I don't think the commander of the main army should be crying so readily in front of his troops, but at least he made short work of most of the zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Cheezy backstory? You're insane. Gaara's backstory is one of the best in the series.

Granted, it's one we've seen before, but it's retold at a different angle which gives it a completely different context.

This was a great episode. I love Gaara as a character, and this is probably the climax of his entire character arc.
    Past tense is what I'm looking for here. Gaara was a great character until shurimi-swirl came along and turned him into the carebear he is today. I'll give you the differentiating aspect on the whole backstory but it's shown in a manner it isn't touching or moving. Though what dad had to say seemed legit. The rest was excessive emo imo.
    Last edited by Killa-Eyez; Thu, 01-24-2013 at 02:54 PM. Reason: swirl-shurimi to shurimi-swirl

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Killa-Eyez View Post
    Past tense is what I'm looking for here. Gaara was a great character until shurimi-swirl came along and turned him into the carebear he is today.
    I guess. Most people call that character development.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    at least he made short work of most of the zombies.
    He only really sealed his father. I'm sure the others will get out of Gaara's sand. We haven't even seen their attacks yet.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post

+1

Quote Originally Posted by KE
    I'll give you the differentiating aspect on the whole backstory but it's shown in a manner it isn't touching or moving.
    I nearly cried (60-70% till threshold). By definition, I can't agree with you.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I nearly cried (60-70% till threshold).
    I may have misted up slightly...

I think it had been mentioned once about Gaara's sentient sand actually being his mother's love or something, but I assumed at the time that the character was just being poetic. As it was explained as being Shukaku a lot more than once.

The revelation that it really was his mother really got to me.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Fri, 01-25-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Most of the scenes had already been shown, at least most of the past ones. It was just a different cut/narration and music.

I know just because I had to marathon all naruto eps last year...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    It was just a different cut/narration and music.
    And context.