Thread: One Piece Chapter 696

One Piece Chapter 696

Translation seems a little sketchy. How did Kinemon return to one piece again? And Luffy was the one saying to target Shanks first??
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/75355832/20

Hmmm... i seem to recall some bitches going on about how Luffy would NEVER go up against Shanks.

Are said bitches still present for further discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post

Hmmm... i seem to recall some bitches going on about how Luffy would NEVER go up against Shanks.

On that same note, I also don't seem to recall anybody stepping up and arguing otherwise.
    However, Luffy did say something along the lines of "it depends on the target" when Law first proposed the alliance.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

That was so long ago you're going to have to remind us who said that. This arc has taken ages.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    That would make absolutely no sense. I'm pretty sure the main reason Luffy even asked Law which yonkou was because Shanks would've been the dealbreaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
    Im 90% positive that you are trolling.
    Sup bitches?

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    On that same note, I also don't seem to recall anybody stepping up and arguing otherwise.
    However, Luffy did say something along the lines of "it depends on the target" when Law first proposed the alliance.
    Nope, he never said that. I asked simply because he was curious.

Luffy's not going to fight Shanks. Blackbeard will kill him, and Luffy will take revenge.

From the Chapter 668 thread you were referring to:

The yonkou in question is totally Shanks, why else would Oda create suspense around it?

I love the direction the plot is moving towards, really looking forward to the next couple of chapters.
    Screenshot.png

It turns out Law was in fact referring to Kaidou, and not shanks. It seems you were wrong as well.

Blog Entries
    So i can't read the future. I can however read the characters, more so than the two of you at least. You completely misconstrued Luffy's feelings for Shanks.

So i can't read the future. I can however read the characters, more so than the two of you at least. You completely misconstrued Luffy's feelings for Shanks.
    Of course Luffy is going to have a rivalry with Shanks. It's no different than his rivalry with Coby, or Shanks's rivalry with Mihawk. I was just skeptical about Luffy consorting with Law on a plan to sabotage him.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

In chapter 668 Assertn and I were doubtful that Luffy would particularly care to oust shanks out of all the yonkou. This didn't turn out to be the case, whereas he has no preference because he simply wants to become #1. Had you been right, Luffy would explicitly be chasing after Shanks, which isn't the case.

So no, you can't read characters better.

ANBU Captain
    Whatever....I wonder why they call him one hundred beast kaido. I bet when they return kinemon and momonosuke to their island it will be under control of big mom. They are so up at arms to eat food presented to them. I mean it could mean other entities but there are already plenty of characters in one piece, there no need to add any more

Quote Originally Posted by toonice714 View Post
    Whatever....I wonder why they call him one hundred beast kaido.
    UHH did you already forget things revealed (probably) 1 month ago?