Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Goku vs Superman

Blog Entries

Goku vs Superman

http://www.screwattack.com/shows/ori...ku-vs-superman

Even using the least amount of assumption possible there's still so much of it that it's funny.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    http://www.screwattack.com/shows/ori...ku-vs-superman

Even using the least amount of assumption possible there's still so much of it that it's funny.
    I knew Superman would win. His over-powered-ness is why I never liked him in the first place.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I knew Superman would win. His over-powered-ness is why I never liked him in the first place.
    I think they're under-estimating Goku's abilities in this video. He has superior energy weapons while Super-man only has heat vision. He also has the Hulk-like ability to increase his power (Kaio-ken, spirit bomb, super saiyan), which Super-man can only get from exposure to a yellow sun. Writers have also taken a lot of liberties in expanding Super-man's powers over the years. Plus Goku is a martial artist, where Super-man is just a brawler. Super-man has some very specific weaknesses that can be exploited, such as his need for the sun's rays and weakness to kryptonite, weaknesses that Goku doesn't suffer from, though Goku can weaken through power use.

edit: favorite move of the fight starts @21:35.
    Last edited by Animeniax; Sat, 01-12-2013 at 11:31 AM.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Blog Entries
    Their point however is that Goku would never exploit those weaknesses in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Their point however is that Goku would never exploit those weaknesses in the first place.
    True, but they also mention how Goku isn't clever/intelligent enough to realize they are weaknesses to be exploited. Yet he easily discerns the source of Superman's weaknesses in this video, which contradicts this.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Goku knows death, does come back from it multiple times.
    Superman doesn't know death, with no experience in the matter, he would clearly be at a disadvantage in a deathbattle...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Well he would have to fight Goku multiple times due to resurrections, but Superman would win.(i still dislike Superman)
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

superman will indeed triumph over goku. won't be a pretty win, just Supes taking tons of beatings and then standing up. superman won't stay down and won't die.

although, if superman isn't superimunne to energy blasts, then Goku will go all episode 164 (or something) on him. that will win him at least a few months while Supes is hanging out in space, soaking up suneregy. he sucks.

What if Goku destroyed the sun? That would spell doom for Superman.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Or he could teleport superman and himself to a place with no yellow sunlight...
    Or worse, find a planetary system with a star similar to kryton's, making superman your average human

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    Or he could teleport superman and himself to a place with no yellow sunlight...
    Or worse, find a planetary system with a star similar to kryton's, making superman your average human
    If he were not Goku. This is Goku, come on.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Yeah they did mention that in the video. Goku wouldn't look for an advantage, he'd want to fight Superman at his strongest as the ultimate test of ability. Maybe if Superman posed a risk to the Earth, then Goku would look to stop him no matter what, including destroying the sun or teleporting them to a system with no yellow sun like DBZ suggested.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Destroying the sun was covered in the video, it'd swallow the Earth. Teleportation was also covered, where a red star reduces Superman's power, but a blue one increases it. Goku didn't seem like someone who knows stars all too well.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    I'm thinking Bulma would probably start up a chat with Batman or star labs to get some information on superman and relay that to Goku. Information he'd promptly file away and ignore, specially since he started the fight for no other reason than to test his strength. Goku's interpretation of what a fair fight is, has always been absurd.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

If we're going to take into account other characters then we can safely say Batman would have found a way to effectively disable the both of them before this fight ever got started.

The entire point of death battle is that the characters don't know each other and have no time to prepare/research, and in the end one of them has to die; this entire talk about "yeah but what if" is pointless.
    -----------------

Yes but the entire battle is conjecture so "yeah but what if" is as worthy of discussion as anything on this forum. If you don't want to discuss it, then see your way out of this thread.

@Dark Dragon: Goku doesn't really have specific weaknesses the way Superman does, so it would be hard/impossible for Batman to create a technological method to defeat Goku.

I think the biggest travesty of all this is that Goku's character development has been fairly limited over time as far as his abilities. Meanwhile with each new generation of comic writers, Superman has changed and gained new powers and abilities. A new writer for a new DB series could easily grant Goku some new previously unknown abilities that would trump Superman's powers.

goku does have the tail thing. although he doesn't have a tail anymore, any any saiyan worth his golden hair would have trained to remove the weakness, it might be related to a cluster of nerves that for some reason, take precedence over other feelings.
    maybe batman can create a sonic device that targets that cluster and gets the same effect.

other weaknesses? Goku's somewhat human, so he needs to eat (a lot), sleep (plenty) and gets tired during fights. he (and vegeta) could hardly fight five minutes against kid buu at their outmost power, so even with an escalating battle (as shown in the video), I doubt goku could fight more than two to three hours (considering he and vegeta said that the thirty minutes they were to be allowed in the tournament is just going to be warmup).

Goku's only advantage is that he has higher energy output (kamehameha wave), relatively. I mean: superman's' fists are stronger than his eyebeams. Goku's wave is stronger than his fists.

Goku always breached new barriers of power levels while doing deathmtach battles. His body learns by fighting and gets enhanced. Even during the battles he could lvl up considerably. Anyways even if they want to give Superman the win, Goku would comeback twice stronger after each defeat. I could only see him loosing to Superman 1 or 2 times. After that he would be super sayan lvl 99.

Not being too serious here. Just wanted to throw my 2 cents.
    The path of excess leads to the tower of wisdom

Jounin
    I haven't watched the movie yet but i don't really see how Superman can win against Goku if he went all in. If Superman let Goku alone for just a few seconds he could do what he did to Cell during the Cell games where he loaded a Kamehameha and used instant transmission to fire it point blank. And i don't think Superman is that much faster then Cell was. Also if i remember correctly in some fights (i think in Goku vs Vegita during Majin Buu saga), blocked punches create shockwaves so big they destroy mountains. And it's also a question of how far into Dragonball we should count Goku's power. During Majin Buu saga he used SS3 and during DBGT he used SS4.

I will watch the video later when i get some time and see if I've learned something new since i'm not to familiar with Superman's full strength from the comics.