Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Goku vs Superman

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    New writers doesn`t means he`ll get stronger, they can also make him weaker.
    True, but as far as I've seen, they don't tend to make the hero weaker, they just make new enemies stronger, then the hero even stronger to rise to the occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    he has some solar power stored, some reflected by the moon, and some generated by plot.
    I meant survive at space without any sun around. and by some minutes I means several months, like the time when doomsday "Killed" him.
    What if Goku teleported himself and Superman to one of those empty training voids (I think I recall those from DBZ) where there is no sun? Once Superman's reserves drained, he'd be toast.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

that space was one of a kind, and there's no way to physically enter it now.
    and while it's possible for goku to shout as hard as SSJ3 Gotenks or Super Buu and create the space rift necessary, Superman could do the same to escape.
    also, we don't know if that way is possible for entry, rather than just exit of the subspace.
    third, and most importantly: there is natural light there, otherwise it would be impossible even for normal humans (?) such as Tien to survive there, further more, Piccolo. He seems to some subtype of planet or whatever thing, he can consume food, but mostly needs water and sunlight. and he had no trouble staying there for a year. while pushing himself to the utmost ability.

to conclude, goku can't take them there. if he can, then superman can get out, and if he can't superman isn't weakened there,

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    b. two can play at that game. Goku needed to go supersaiyan to lift a bus at one time (episode 110, probably based on the superhero genre conventions).
    Somehow, this doesn`t seems awfully canon to the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    Superman wins because he can't lose. Goku loses alot, and that's why he sometimes wins.
    Doomsday, Shazam, Darkseid, anyone in the animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    True, but as far as I've seen, they don't tend to make the hero weaker, they just make new enemies stronger, then the hero even stronger to rise to the occasion.
    For the record, the current Superman (Grant Morrison`s) is one of the weakest i`ve ever seen, so if you go by the most updated version... he`s still no match.
    Last edited by UChessmaster; Wed, 01-23-2013 at 12:15 PM.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    For the record, the current Superman (Grant Morrison`s) is one of the weakest i`ve ever seen, so if you go by the most updated version... he`s still no match.
    Leave it to a capable writer like Morrison to rein in Superman's powers. If he's all-powerful and unbeatable, then really what's the point of writing about him? Glad to see there are still legit writers/artists working in comics. Death to the Kuberts.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Freiza was able to destroy Planet Vegeta whilst in his powered down form, way before the reached the power that Goku was matching before he went Super Saiyan. He should be able to destroy stars, hence solar systems, at Super Saiyan. Super Saiyan 2 should have no problem defeating Superman if one doubts SS1. SS3 you could argue should be able to keep up with a solar powered Superman, but not being able to defeat Superman at SS4? Come on that's just nuts.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    We already have a host of non-godlike superheroes led by Spider-Man and Batman already. I just wish they could find a way to balance Superman's powers with the ability to continuously put out compelling stories, while avoiding having him infringe on an already overflowing niche.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter View Post
    Freiza was able to destroy Planet Vegeta whilst in his powered down form, way before the reached the power that Goku was matching before he went Super Saiyan. He should be able to destroy stars, hence solar systems, at Super Saiyan. Super Saiyan 2 should have no problem defeating Superman if one doubts SS1. SS3 you could argue should be able to keep up with a solar powered Superman, but not being able to defeat Superman at SS4? Come on that's just nuts.
    Once again, the video covered that they weren't going to base things on power level (because it doesn't measure true strength in the end), and they don't use power scaling (If character X can do this at episode 12, character Y should be able to do this so much better because he's stronger) because abilities are unique.

Whether or not you think that's a valid way to go is up to you though.

But still.. I don't know if you guys watched the video or not since this popped up multiple times.. Destroying the sun would create a supernova that would engulf anything from the Sun up to Mars. That means destroying the Sun destroys Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Barles
    We already have a host of non-godlike superheroes led by Spider-Man and Batman already.
    Funny that you mentioned that. I watched the Batman vs Spiderman death battle yesterday.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Goku can teleport to the afterlife (land of the supreme kais) just like kid buu. There is no sun there as far as I can recall.

Endgame.

And we're back to the problem of whether Goku would fight an energy-less Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    But still.. I don't know if you guys watched the video or not since this popped up multiple times.. Destroying the sun would create a supernova that would engulf anything from the Sun up to Mars. That means destroying the Sun destroys Earth
    Yeah I forgot they mentioned that. Plus destroying the sun would mean the end of life on Earth due to cold even if the supernova didn't destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Funny that you mentioned that. I watched the Batman vs Spiderman death battle yesterday.
    These guys' knowledge and bias are questionable with statements like, "Wayne has no exploitable weaknesses."

Another thing I notice is that they tend to take the strongest abilities/characteristics from all the different media (comics, cartoons, and movies) in estimating the hero's abilities. So because the Dark Knight trilogy Batman has a nomex suit that repels gunfire and knife attacks, they ignore that the cartoon and comic Batman didn't wear such a suit.

In cases of contradictions, like Spider-man's production of webbing, they have no rhyme or reason for listing which ability applies.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Fucking idiot.
    -----------------

Yeah that looks like canon material. No way were these made after the DK movies. You come skulking back into the thread and that's the best you can offer? Batman wore bullet-resistant suits, but nothing that could take direct shots and just bounce off. And he certainly couldn't just walk through a direct shot to the chest. Kevlar wasn't invented until the 1960s, meanwhile Batman has been around since 1939.

Something racist so you can cry about it.

Batman started using armour plating around 1993, after bane broke his fucking back; he has also survived being shot in the chest in DKR..1986.

Kill yourself.
    -----------------

Can the flaming. This ain't the pit.

The point remains, the authors of these mega battles pick and choose facts from different source material without any justification. If it's supposedly a walk-on battle and they have no time to prepare, how would they fare in a fight with their typical loadouts. Yet they gave Batman's armor the specific attributes as they are described in the DK movies, minus the bat target on his chest. Cherry-picking at its finest.

Live in the pain that is your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Cherry-picking at its finest.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    Batman started using armour plating around 1993
    You said it; maybe I should've elaborated it for your tiny intellect in saying armour plating [to defend against bullets/knifes which later (before batman begins) turned into full fledged kevlar+bulletproof sections], I just assumed you knew, being the batman afficianado that you proofed to be, reading such amazingly written classics as The Cult.

Live in the pain that is your life.
    Yes, it's incredibly painful to live a life where your favourite hobby is your job; your insanity has reached the point where your idea of happiness is having your hopes and dreams shot down after brilliantly trying drugs.

Seriously, you are better of killing yourself.
    -----------------

You said it; maybe I should've elaborated it for your tiny intellect in saying armour plating [to defend against bullets/knifes which later (before batman begins) turned into full fledged kevlar+bulletproof sections], I just assumed you knew, being the batman afficianado that you proofed to be, reading such amazingly written classics as The Cult.

Yes, it's incredibly painful to live a life where your favourite hobby is your job; your insanity has reached the point where your idea of happiness is having your hopes and dreams shot down after brilliantly trying drugs.

Seriously, you are better of killing yourself.
    The point was how the authors selectively decide which powers a hero possesses. Sorry you're hung up on trifles.

Yes, falling into the one thing you do in life is everyone's dream. What will you do in a few years when you're sick of the game industry and have no other skills beyond playing video games? And if you were so happy with life, why are you such a dick all the time and to everyone? Case closed.

Jounin
    Uhh didn't anyone see the filler episode where Goku did a Kamehamehax20 in to a star? It went through and out the other side. I am sure same thing would happen again in Super Saiyan 4 stage.

The point was how the authors selectively decide which powers a hero possesses. Sorry you're hung up on trifles.

Yes, falling into the one thing you do in life is everyone's dream. What will you do in a few years when you're sick of the game industry and have no other skills beyond playing video games? And if you were so happy with life, why are you such a dick all the time and to everyone? Case closed.
    The point was you yet again randomly pulling shit out your ass and treating it as fact, everything beyond that has been you, as Ryll has put it so nicely so many times, you just trying (and failing) to save face. Or in other words, I corrected your bs information and you didn't like it ;[.

And I'm a dick to you cause you are a racist waste of life for whom I'd shed no tears if you died in a ditch tomorrow.
    -----------------

The point was you yet again randomly pulling shit out your ass and treating it as fact, everything beyond that has been you, as Ryll has put it so nicely so many times, you just trying (and failing) to save face. Or in other words, I corrected your bs information and you didn't like it ;[.

And I'm a dick to you cause you are a racist waste of life for whom I'd shed no tears if you died in a ditch tomorrow.
    Saving face? That's racist anti-Asian bs right there. I made my point, you decide to rebut one of the meaningless details even though the main point stands. Plus you do it in the most dickheaded way possible, so who's going to take you seriously or care what you have to say?

You're a dick to pretty much everyone, you've even admitted to this. I'd prefer you keep living in misery so I can frustrate you some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Skill View Post
    Uhh didn't anyone see the filler episode where Goku did a Kamehamehax20 in to a star? It went through and out the other side. I am sure same thing would happen again in Super Saiyan 4 stage.
    Can we treat filler as canon? I'm no quantum physicist, but I don't think shooting a beam of light energy through a solid mass would just let the energy pass through.