Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Goku vs Superman

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    A new writer for a new DB series could easily grant Goku some new previously unknown abilities that would trump Superman's powers.
    Lets hope it doesn't get to that point, because superman as he is now is a bit absurd, let alone as he was originally. Besides, the only real power increase that would be necessary for Goku to stand a chance at winning would be for Goku to be less dumb, or less insistent on fighting people at their full power. He did after all figure out that superman's power comes from the sun. Instant transmission is as OP as anything else. I don't even think he'd even have to move the fight away from planet earth. In the scenario they presented, it would've been sufficient to just use instant transmission to intercept superman as he tried move the fight above the cloud cover.

Goku doesn't really have specific weaknesses the way Superman does, so it would be hard/impossible for Batman to create a technological method to defeat Goku.
    It's true, so he'd resort to psychological ones like deception or distraction. Goku is notoriously weak against those.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

This entire discussion is ridiculous.

Goku can overcome anything with a training arc.

Anything.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Goku would absolutelly destroy superman.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Seeing as Goku can die and return from the dead, and Superman can go into stasis and revive himself with the power of the sun, it would be a perpetual battle that would probably never end. It would just take a long long long time to resolve itself, kind of like the Freeza saga.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

To win a fight you don`t have to kill the enemy, if goku punches a hole through supes` heart, he won`t come back, regardless, goku can win with one hand, no need to go super saiyan.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    To win a fight you don`t have to kill the enemy, if goku punches a hole through supes` heart, he won`t come back, regardless, goku can win with one hand, no need to go super saiyan.
    Have you watched the video? Apparently Goku doesn't have the power to punch a hole through Superman's heart. Superman's dense bio-molecular structure protects him from such an attack.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I haven`t seen it, Superman`s abilities change every year or so because of different writers, most would agree he can`t do such a thing however. The most recent version, (new52 Superman), simply doesn`t has that.

I guess i should explain my point of view then, consider Goku when he fought Vegeta for the first time, Vegeta was angry because Goku`s power level was over 9k (inb4 what!? 9000!?), it`s fair to say that Goku and Vegeta were about even that fight, if I recall correctly, Vegeat tried to destroy earth in a desperate attack, so to destroy planet earth you need a power level of about 9k, now fast foward to Freeza`s saga, it was clearly stated that Freeza`s power level was above 1 million, so it`s safe to assume Goku`s own power level was above 1 million as well, remember, to destroy earth you need about 9k, and Goku has well over a million during Freeza`s saga. Meanwhile, Superman got knocked unconscious by a train in action comics 001... a train, strenghtwise, superman is an ant.

Comparing characters from two different stories is retarded. A character is as strong as the author needs him to be. The people who made the video seemingly suck at understanding limits because even though superman has none, goku's ability to surpass any limit means his powers are limitless as well. Its essentially up to whether each author is willing to write a more ridiculous power for his protagonist.

In which case I would put my money on Toriyama, because he just really doesn't give a shit.

Edit: Uchessmaster, Goku's power level was around 32,000 during the saiyan arc. It was unclear whether Vegeta meant he would damage the planet, or destroy it. Either way, Toriyama revealed that Goku's power level eventually reaches ~32 billion by the Buu saga. But this is irrelevant, as per my argument above.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    I haven`t seen it, Superman`s abilities change every year or so because of different writers, most would agree he can`t do such a thing however. The most recent version, (new52 Superman), simply doesn`t has that.

I guess i should explain my point of view then, consider Goku when he fought Vegeta for the first time, Vegeta was angry because Goku`s power level was over 9k (inb4 what!? 9000!?), it`s fair to say that Goku and Vegeta were about even that fight, if I recall correctly, Vegeat tried to destroy earth in a desperate attack, so to destroy planet earth you need a power level of about 9k, now fast foward to Freeza`s saga, it was clearly stated that Freeza`s power level was above 1 million, so it`s safe to assume Goku`s own power level was above 1 million as well, remember, to destroy earth you need about 9k, and Goku has well over a million during Freeza`s saga. Meanwhile, Superman got knocked unconscious by a train in action comics 001... a train, strenghtwise, superman is an ant.
    Jesus Chirst there's so much wrong in that post that i don't even know where to begin.

So i won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Jesus Chirst there's so much wrong in that post that i don't even know where to begin.
    Try the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    So i won`t
    Ok then, while you keep on thinking of nothing to say, i`ll just post this here.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    Edit: Uchessmaster, Goku's power level was around 32,000 during the saiyan arc. It was unclear whether Vegeta meant he would damage the planet, or destroy it. Either way, Toriyama revealed that Goku's power level eventually reaches ~32 billion by the Buu saga. But this is irrelevant, as per my argument above.
    My point kinda still stands though, Goku is MORE than capable of destroying planets, meanwhile, trains > supes.
    Last edited by UChessmaster; Tue, 01-22-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Jounin
    That was funny to watch. Their powers cannot be measured but they measure them anyway. If you take all their learned powers over the decades, Superman does have the upperhand in any fight. Wasn't Superman only able to jump in the first comic superman appeared in?

You can't really say Superman "learned" his powers, the writers just gave him new powers that are a natural consequence of his being in a solar system with a yellow sun. Goku on the other hand had training and instruction from different masters to learn his techniques. As was said, Goku's official story ended with DB GT (as far as I know), meanwhile Superman is continually evolving and gaining new powers as a comic character that gets new writers every few years.

Unhappy

Goku hands down would win the fight against Superman. Superman weakness is magic and krypt... Goku weakness....none. Superman is not a push over since he can move at Godlike speed.reverse time, freeze, shoot lasers, juggle tanks, get revive from death from the sun... That being said Goku can easily destroy the sun... theoretically speaking if piccolo can blow up the moon "understanding it being very small in mass compare to the sun" he did it at a very low level power in the beginning... Goku at his final stage "was that guy" he can destroy anything...superman is only brute strength were Goku have martial arts, dragon flame shit, (forgot the name),kamehame wave, spirit bomb, solar flare,tri technique, kaio ken, super saiyan levels... Goku would win in the long run... question is could Goku breathe in space? not sure if anyone mention it earlier...Couldn't say i recall anything were Goku was in space without a space suit which doesn't matter really cause Goku can teleport anywhere he wants , he even teleport to save his son while he was dead.... now that is very Gangsta. I apologize for the horrible grammar had some nyquil earlier and some muscles relaxes sprain the shit out of my leg in pain
    "The End Justify The Means"

Jounin
    I watched the clip and i guess comic Superman is much stronger then the movies or cartoons that i have seen. I still find it funny that Superman gets beaten up by Doomsday if he has this kind of strength. By just rotating his body to face Doomsday he should create a force strong enough to disintegrate Doomsday instantly.

The problem here is what Animeniax brings up. DB was around for 10(?) years or so before it was ended. Superman is called the worlds oldest Superhero since he was brought to life in the 30's. Thats 80 years for them to just continue to upgrade his powers. Powers that he doesn't seem to earn in any way. They did mention that he trained that fighting style of his, but his actual powers just grow by them selfs.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mache
    That being said Goku can easily destroy the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by mache
    question is could Goku breathe in space?
    These were addressed in the video. Goku can't destroy the sun without killing himself, and he can't breath in space.

Regarding the teleport point, Goku needs concentration to do that. I'm not sure he could teleport to safety if the earth blew up in the heat of battle. He couldn't teleport when he was being chased one time.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

You can't really say Superman "learned" his powers, the writers just gave him new powers that are a natural consequence of his being in a solar system with a yellow sun. Goku on the other hand had training and instruction from different masters to learn his techniques. As was said, Goku's official story ended with DB GT (as far as I know), meanwhile Superman is continually evolving and gaining new powers as a comic character that gets new writers every few years.
    New writers doesn`t means he`ll get stronger, they can also make him weaker.

you don't need to be super strong to destroy the sun, Rohsi shot the moon down and he has around 100 (whatever powerlevel measures are called), even considering it was Dragon Ball and not Dragon Ball Z. taking out the sun shouldn't take more than 10000 units of whatever.
    still, Superman wins.
    supes can survive some minutes without the sun present, and can travel to different solar systems. Goku needs a working eco-system to survive in. goku can theoretically destroy every non red sun and start living there, but it doesn't fit him to do so.

about superman going off the rails after being hit by a train...
    a. if he took it at full force, the train would evaporate, killing anyone onboard and go through nuclear fusion.
    b. two can play at that game. Goku needed to go supersaiyan to lift a bus at one time (episode 110, probably based on the superhero genre conventions).

Superman wins because he can't lose. Goku loses alot, and that's why he sometimes wins.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DBZ
    supes can survive some minutes without the sun present
    What happens at night? :S

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

he has some solar power stored, some reflected by the moon, and some generated by plot.
    I meant survive at space without any sun around. and by some minutes I means several months, like the time when doomsday "Killed" him.

Jounin
    Last time i heard he still charges from the reflected light of the moon and distant star light, paired with his stored capacity. And if he ever got in a fight where he would drain his power to fast he can always just fly out in space to get a clear line of sight to the sun.

EDIT: DBZ was faster