Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rock Lee interpretation

ok, ignore my comments. Our comments have appearently persuated U

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (aphextwinjunkie @ Dec 2 2003, 05:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> One thing I could never understand is why people like Rock Lee so much. From my interpretation Rock Lee symbolizes a hard working average American. He is not somebody who is talented, exceptional or special in any way but his drive. His credo is; through hard work and determination, I can advance myself. By basically maiming Rock Lee to the point of inability to perform as a ninja, the people responsible for the manga/anime are saying that hard work and determination will only get you so far, you need to be born talented/elite. This makes much sense since Japanese are very elitist (based purely on personal experience, no stereotyping intended). To me, anybody with interest in Rock Lee is celebrating the fact that the Japanese believe somebody must be born with talent to succeed in life. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    i dont think you can have talent for taijustu
    taijustu is only done by hard work
    and since rock lee has talent for hard work, he trains in taijustu

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Power PMV @ Dec 2 2003, 06:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jing &#064; Dec 2 2003, 05:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Okay dude, we like rock lee for many reasons. dont base a character by 1 thing that they do. big mistake right there. u forgot to mention the Gai n Lee moments that everyone loves. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    So true:

*sunset*

Gai: Let me give you my warm message

Lee: Give it to me straight.

Gai: Lee

Lee: Sensei

*shining teeth* </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    kick ass

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RaZzy @ Dec 2 2003, 06:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (aphextwinjunkie &#064; Dec 2 2003, 05:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> One thing I could never understand is why people like Rock Lee so much. From my interpretation Rock Lee symbolizes a hard working average American. He is not somebody who is talented, exceptional or special in any way but his drive. His credo is; through hard work and determination, I can advance myself. By basically maiming Rock Lee to the point of inability to perform as a ninja, the people responsible for the manga/anime are saying that hard work and determination will only get you so far, you need to be born talented/elite. This makes much sense since Japanese are very elitist (based purely on personal experience, no stereotyping intended). To me, anybody with interest in Rock Lee is celebrating the fact that the Japanese believe somebody must be born with talent to succeed in life. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    i dont think you can have talent for taijustu
    taijustu is only done by hard work
    and since rock lee has talent for hard work, he trains in taijustu </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    well, and because thats the only skill he can train and focus deeply on

I didn&#39;t know what to think of Lee before he fought in the tournament. I wasn&#39;t taking him seriously because of the comedic way they have him outfitted, and the way he acted and talked.

They revealed how hard he worked and how much his goals meant to him in his fight with Gaara.. That is when I really started to like him. Lee would have easily owned Gaara if not for that split second he grimaced during the Initial Lotus, and Gaara switched himself with a sand clone. He also would have won if Gaara hadn&#39;t been so cheapened and his pathetic little sand armor managed to stand up against the beating Lee gave him with FIVE gates open. Kankuro said that the sand armor was inferior to the sand shield because of lower defense and ebbing his strength since it&#39;s attached to his skin.. Yet through the whole fight after taking off those weights, Lee surpassed the shield. He gave the sand armor a beating that could have destroyed any armor, and the thin sand armor withstood it.. Just cheap in my opinion.

Lee will be back.

~Chris

Pokyman9
    Rock lee isn&#39;t out of the game, he&#39;s gonna make a full recovery just like Bruce lee and kick some ass .

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SeGee @ Dec 2 2003, 05:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>To me, anybody with interest in Rock Lee is celebrating the fact that the Japanese believe somebody must be born with talent to succeed in life</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Take gai as an example. He has no bloodlines, meaning hes hard working and he is the person who tought lee about hard work. And Gai, acordinng to statistics, kicks Kakashi&#39;s talented ass. Keep in mind that probably most of the Jounins arent even in bloodlines.... Rock lee is just an example on that you can push yourself to hard. then again, he also met a hard opponent </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Actually no, 49-50 is not kicking someones ass, thats barely winning, and personally i dont think he beat kakashi, ever. i think hes lying, or joking. It was probably rock paper scissors.

hm I have never heard this paper rock sisors thing.. what episode was this?

Naw...maybe you&#39;re just overanalyzing the situation. I mean I&#39;m sure with hard work and determination, you would be able to accomplish what you want and get you where you wanna go. So I guess it&#39;s just that Rock Lee is easy to relate to....a average person who works hard to get what he wants.

Personally I think Rock Lee will be back. As for the comparison with Gai, I don&#39;t recall it ever being said that Gai can&#39;t use Genjutsu or Ninjutsu. He just had to work hard like Lee has had too, that&#39;s all.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Krbadass @ Dec 3 2003, 02:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SeGee &#064; Dec 2 2003, 05:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>To me, anybody with interest in Rock Lee is celebrating the fact that the Japanese believe somebody must be born with talent to succeed in life</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Take gai as an example. He has no bloodlines, meaning hes hard working and he is the person who tought lee about hard work. And Gai, acordinng to statistics, kicks Kakashi&#39;s talented ass. Keep in mind that probably most of the Jounins arent even in bloodlines.... Rock lee is just an example on that you can push yourself to hard. then again, he also met a hard opponent </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Actually no, 49-50 is not kicking someones ass, thats barely winning, and personally i dont think he beat kakashi, ever. i think hes lying, or joking. It was probably rock paper scissors. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    NO&#33;
    Gai ment how many women they both had&#33;

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Krbadass @ Dec 3 2003, 03:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SeGee &#064; Dec 2 2003, 05:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>To me, anybody with interest in Rock Lee is celebrating the fact that the Japanese believe somebody must be born with talent to succeed in life</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Actually no, 49-50 is not kicking someones ass, thats barely winning, and personally i dont think he beat kakashi, ever. i think hes lying, or joking. It was probably rock paper scissors. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    we havent see them both fight, EVER. Meaning that we can only speculate around facts. We havent seen Gai&#39;s talent. So I wouldnt draw that stow quite yet and not ally on the statistics given.

Why dont whoever like whatever they want instead sounds much better than analyzing what rock lee is. Lee represents a group of ppl that might not be born with a perticular talent but have a talent for working hard in getting good at something they put their mind too. We saw that Hard work didnt get Lee past gaara and thats the way it should be. But lee can only become better and better but at the same time the ppl lee so desperatly wants to reach will also evolve and become better and better. So a talent for something+training will almost for sure beat someone with moderate talent for something+trainingx20.

The whole thing about bruce lee getting his back broken by some chump and coming back and defeating him is fictional. stupid hollywood stuff. However he did break his back before (forgot from what, something like working out too much) and he did defeat some &quot;master of martial arts&quot; in under 60 seconds. unfortunately they are two separate things that hollywood made some embellishments upon.

Hey Insomniac he never claimed to have beaten kakashi at bo wan po, he just counts those in his total wins and loses. The gambling part unless you missed the whole meaning of that manga volume was to higher his likelyhood of winning by pushing the consequences way over what they should be hence his promise at the end to Lee. Hes still one win up on Kakashi. If he had not counted that loss he&#39;d be two wins over kakashi.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (aphextwinjunkie &#064; Dec 2 2003, 05:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> One thing I could never understand is why people like Rock Lee so much. From my interpretation Rock Lee symbolizes a hard working average American. He is not somebody who is talented, exceptional or special in any way but his drive. His credo is; through hard work and determination, I can advance myself. By basically maiming Rock Lee to the point of inability to perform as a ninja, the people responsible for the manga/anime are saying that hard work and determination will only get you so far, you need to be born talented/elite. This makes much sense since Japanese are very elitist (based purely on personal experience, no stereotyping intended). To me, anybody with interest in Rock Lee is celebrating the fact that the Japanese believe somebody must be born with talent to succeed in life. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

When u dont know the whole story u cant say that u know stuff like this. No one has said that u can only succeed if ur born talanted exept Neji but he still has to prove this to us. We dont know whats gonna hapen yet so save this for later dude.

As far as rock lee, hes just cool and funny

in response to the first post: we love rock for how far he got with hard work. not because of his injury.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Rock lee isn&#39;t out of the game, he&#39;s gonna make a full recovery just like Bruce lee and kick some ass .
    </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

bruce lee got his back broken. came back and beat the dude who broke his back in under 60 seconds right? perhaps lee will come back and own gaara?

@TheAwesomeChow: yea bruce lee broke his back while he was working out he was lifting weights and as for the master that he beat in under 60 seconds it actually only took him 8 seconds in case you wanted to know the exact time.

ok back on topic, i think that hard work will get u far but the thing is if there is somone with natural talents doing the same thing and they also train hard then the peson with out any natural talnets will not be able to surpass them, so hard work will get u far but there are just people out there that just can do it at a higher level naturally so with training its almost impossible to keep up with them, thats how i feel anywayz

if you&#39;re going by Naruto hardwork doesnt get you as far as you want to go

Lee did all that work and said that he would beat a genius and he lost to Neji several times and then to Gaara and now hes wounded bad - now tell me if hardwork overcame anything then why he hurt so badly and why didnt he beat Gaara

Lee is good but as far as the Naruto storyline goes the genius&#39;s or the people born with certain things are the strongest ones, Gai isnt like Lee by the way, he can use other jutsu&#39;s its only Lee that cant.

Even Naruto was born with an advantage of the Kyuubi so you cant say hes all about hardwork either

I wouldnt put too much into Lee&#39;s quotes because if you follow the story you&#39;ll realize that even though he went through all that he still failed, the moral is that hardwork gets you far but you cant sacrafice everything to achieve your goals

and those that said Bruce Lee is like Rock Lee its not completely true, Bruce wasnt only about hardwork and he had alot of talent. Also Bruce Lee is dead isnt he