Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Berserk

Manga: Berserk

I've started reading the Beserk manga, and I'm quite impressed. I'm only upto volume 4, and wont be able to get any of the volumes past 10

but it's pretty good, not what I was expecting (a lot bloodier for a start), but still good.

/me tries to stir up some talking about it

Why cant you get any volumes past 10??

Volume 11 then 15-22 are my favorite parts. Also each Volume the artwork gets better and better. By 24 and 25 it is really amazingly beautifull. Volume 26 is out in 17 days so I am excited.

if you know somewhere where i can get them......

17 days? really? you mean in japan or the *coughcough*hawks*coughcough* scanlation?

Shiomi
    The manga is good but bastard the manga is good too and same genre.

On the otherhand I like a lot of stuff its just so expensive in the U.S..
    In europe its so cheap and scanlations are okay, but I what to read the bersek in book format not on a screen. well I' read up to 8 but I will get 9 and 10 soon.
    Anyways it's different from the series isn't it? All the magic you see in the manga is almost too much at the begining and yeah the artwork keeps getting better.

Well it comes out on the 19th, the Hawks will probably release it all translated within a week of that. Last time they released it fully scanslated 3 days after it was out.

Hm i know a site with most of em PLUS vol 26!!

damn volume 26 kicks ass!!

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Inuzuka Kiba @ Dec 3 2003, 07:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Hm i know a site with most of em PLUS vol 26&#33;&#33;

damn volume 26 kicks ass&#33;&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    translated volume 26??

I dont really want to read the raws, as I can barely read them at all. Hawks have proffesional translators so probably best to wait for that. Good to know 26 rocks though, but then again I expected as much.

...yep translated&#33;

You do know it&#39;s licenced and availible in english (at least 1 volume is anyway)

Try here

just go to &quot;Misc&quot; then manga =)

yes...and if you read, you can clearly see that we are not talking about volumes that early in the series

Just started reading (at volume 4 now) and I&#39;m not that impressed, it&#39;s still interesting though. Also got the anime and I dunno what to do first, read the manga (yeah, I started already but 4 volumes aren&#39;t so much) or watch the anime. I heard it&#39;s better watching the anime first.
    Any suggestions?

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Geist &#064; Dec 4 2003, 03:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Just started reading (at volume 4 now) and I&#39;m not that impressed, it&#39;s still interesting though. Also got the anime and I dunno what to do first, read the manga (yeah, I started already but 4 volumes aren&#39;t so much) or watch the anime. I heard it&#39;s better watching the anime first.
    Any suggestions? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Ya I would watch the anime first probably as it is a little more tame.

first 4 volumes are not actually that impressive. But the that was the first 2 years of the manga creation, and now its upto year 14, and in my opinion is extremely well thought out, not to mention best artwork ever.

*EDIT: heh i just noticed I did the Kanji on my sig in like the exact same spot as you

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Inuzuka Kiba @ Dec 3 2003, 10:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> yes... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    I was just checking

meskin
    berserk is awesome. has great art and great story, probably the only manga i enjoy more than naruto =X

SuperiorPDS
    you guys know how long they plan to make berserk?

ok, the hawk doesn&#39;t have volume 26, would you mind sharing where you got this.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kaigan &#064; Dec 4 2003, 11:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ok, the hawk doesn&#39;t have volume 26, would you mind sharing where you got this. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Volume 26 isn&#39;t even out yet in Japan. It&#39;ll be out on the 19th or something.

The Hawks will probably have it translated before the end of the year though.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (a_nevels666 &#064; Dec 5 2003, 11:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kaigan &#064; Dec 4 2003, 11:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ok, the hawk doesn&#39;t have volume 26, would you mind sharing where you got this. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Volume 26 isn&#39;t even out yet in Japan. It&#39;ll be out on the 19th or something.

The Hawks will probably have it translated before the end of the year though. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    In japan they are already several chapters into volume 27. Berserk is released bi-monthly in chapters in Young Animal Magazine. Every 6 months they release a volume with 10 chapters as well.

If anyone knows some group that translates it monthly, posting link would be nice. The Hawks translation is probably better though.

*EDIT : OK I got the RAWS for V26 finally and found a site with translations for all the chapters. The image quality is not too good though and I dont want to flip back and forth to read. I&#39;ve waited this long so i think Ill wait for the hawks HQ version.