Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1444

Thread: Attack on Titan: Shingeki no Kyojin

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    If only we had Sasha Jaw Titan.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    If only we had Sasha Jaw Titan.
    Nah, Hammer Sasha. She makes a sniper rifle.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

This is the first time I was genuinely confused watching this season. I had trouble telling which parts were flashbacks to before the beginning of the season, and which took place after. Some had an obvious continuity (Eren in the cell), while others felt disjointed- like when they were on the mini train, I thought Connie was hallucinating Sasha for a bit.

Now I'm also racking my head as to whether we've seen Mikasa's wrist before...

These episodes are necessary for the narrative, but they really sting to watch on a weekly basis.

Yeah, it's a real heartstring pull showing all these flashbacks with Sasha in them right after she died.

And next week Gabi escapes, eats at Sasha's dad's house and the guy explains to her why he's not hell bent on killing Sasha's killer. I'm hoping that it's somewhat effective, but not super effective. Gabi not changing her belief is just boring, but going with the flow too easily is also boring.

And next week Gabi escapes, eats at Sasha's dad's house and the guy explains to her why he's not hell bent on killing Sasha's killer. I'm hoping that it's somewhat effective, but not super effective. Gabi not changing her belief is just boring, but going with the flow too easily is also boring.
    ...why are you telling us this?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    ...why are you telling us this?
    We mentioned Sasha in the post above, and then I remembered the preview scene so I'm speculating. What of it?

I thought people aren't allowed to talk about the preview scenes, for obvious reasons.

I thought people aren't allowed to talk about the preview scenes, for obvious reasons.
    No such rule afaik.. it's part of the episode, as much as discussing OP/ED scenes are part of the episode.

I can't remember anyone doing it before(I think there was an argument about, like, 10 years ago).

That sucks. Didn't really want to be told what happens next episode...that's why I skip them.

I can't remember anyone doing it before(I think there was an argument about, like, 10 years ago).
    Ladies and Gentlemen, let me take you back to 2006:

https://forums.gotwoot.org/showthrea...es-on-Spoilers

Episode 70

---------------------------

OMG that girl mindfucking Gabi was so good. You can see her belief system break right down. I thought the dad was going to be involved but guess not.

Man, my only wish for the remainder of this anime is that Gabi suffers as much as possible, ending with a gruesome death.

Easily the most hateable character in years.

She SEES all the people living no different than her own family, but she chooses to be blind and calls them monsters. That poor jail guard she murdered. Had my blood boiling.

Fuck Gabi.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    She SEES all the people living no different than her own family, but she chooses to be blind and calls them monsters. That poor jail guard she murdered. Had my blood boiling.
    Yeah, it's nothing like how when white supremacists see minorities just trying to get by, and they just immediately stop being white supremacists.

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me take you back to 2006:

https://forums.gotwoot.org/showthrea...es-on-Spoilers
    I don't wanna read the whole thing. What did they decide?

Like I said, I can't remember the last time I saw someone talk about a preview.

Edit: Hey! It's me! FUCK I'm old!
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 02-22-2021 at 12:51 AM.

Yeah, it's nothing like how when white supremacists see minorities just trying to get by, and they just immediately stop being white supremacists.

I don't wanna read the whole thing. What did they decide?

Like I said, I can't remember the last time I saw someone talk about a preview.

Edit: Hey! It's me! FUCK I'm old!
    Surprise: white supremacists are disgusting assholes, too. So the comparison to Gabi is a good one :]

I'm just saying, hoping a fanatical racist will suddenly stop being a fanatical racist when they see their target being downtrodden is some wishful thinking.

... a return to the hard hitting feels I watch titan for.

Gabi certainly does not want her life's belief system turned upside down. Reiner even suggested they (Paradis inhabitants) weren't all evil when describing how there were 'all kinds' of them during the dinner scene back in Marley. Life abiding by principles can be simple, and kids gravitate towards simple, because they are kids who don't have life experience to weigh against their own morals. Eren blamed titans just the same, though he never had dinner with them (except for three). I think Gabi knows that the island devils may be related to the cause of her people's suffering, and that is good enough to have someone to blame. Her friends are dead. Assigning blame is important for revenge.

I'm glad that the audience alone gets to savor the irony of the orphan farm, and the young girl's inspiration by Sasha's selflessness. It would have cheapened the entire scenario for Gabi to have somehow found out or been told that she was saved indirectly by Sasha, whom she killed. Her beliefs were challenged plenty by the young lady. I liked that the girl's motivation is to be like the person that saved her. It is a common trope in anime, but it really hits home here due to the bleak tone the show has generally been soaked in. Light in the darkness, and all that...

Speaking of saved girls, who would have though that the little girl saved by Mikasa in ep6 would have returned as a pro-empire activist? I also didn't expect Hanji to have to face the old inner police's words about the questionable means to keep peace again. Brilliant.

Jagerists... lol.

This episode really made me acknowledge that, for how complex and interesting the story still is to me, I can deny no longer that Mappa is really just animating the minimum possible it can get away with. This episode in particular was ugly, and even more so when in motion... I hope some reanimating or other touch ups make their way to the final release...

The obvious conflict brewing here is the Jager brothers' confrontation, and I can't wait to see how it plays out with Levi on guard duty. I'm surprised that the nationalists are so willing to spill Eldian blood to further their cause, and are quickly becoming an unsympathetic faction. I'm already giving my heart for the next episode.

I don't like how now everyone has the "shadowed eyes" effect going on, like, all the time. They used to reserve it for when a character was really surprised.

At this point, I hope Eren is just using the Jaegerists. Like, they think his goal is to use the rumbling to create a New Eldian Empire. But it's actually the same as it's always been, to destroy all titans.

Episode 13:

Man, it feels so good every time Gabi is punched.

Don't quite understand what else is going on. Where does that Floch guy come from, why is he working with Eren, what's with the wine? I guess drinking the wine let's Zeke transform them into titans?

Also yeah, it's annoying that everyone permanently has those vertical eye lines that used to express high distress in the past. Irritating.

Can't say I like Eren's attitude. Seems like now that the finale is about, the author took away all connection between Eren and the audience, now he's just a plot device with an attitude. Oh well.

And Levi continues to be my most hated character after Gabi. Hope Eren gets a good punch at him before all is over.