Page 57 of 73 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1444

Thread: Attack on Titan: Shingeki no Kyojin

Honestly, I'm frustrated by how predictable and contrieved that was.

How did Gabi even catch up to the Zeppelin that was passing over 3 house blocks per second, lol?

But then she kills that guy (who existed as cannon fodder ...) and managed to get inside and shoot Sasha. How? Did everyone sleep?! And she even got a 2nd shot in! Shock my ass, that's too contrieved.

I'm glad she got punched, but fuck, they should have kept going.

Also FUCK Levi. How I hate that asshole. He abused Eren from their first time meeting, now again. I'd be so happy if Eren just ate Levi. What a weakass pussy. Levi is the worst strong character ever, no accomplishments of his own. Fuck Levi.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    What an episode!

And so the cycle of violence continues... I wonder how far 'deep' this conspiracy goes to essentially allow Eldians to come back into power? Is it going to be a cycle repeats kind of thing?

I felt pretty bad for Sasha, but annoyed that I caught a single phase spoiling her death on a wiki or something about a year ago; so I'm glad to finally be cruising spoiler free again. Kinda surprised that Mikasa was also crying over her; but not disappointed.

This can only get more messy from here. All out war on the world? Yikes!

Booooo!

Sasha was the one I LEAST wanted to die! FUCK Jean and Connie!

And yeah, tall soldier was some girl I don't remember.

Beast Titan eh?

That means all Marley has left is Armor, Jaw and Cart...

They didn't get Jaw though, which means Annie is still off the table.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    What a weakass pussy. Levi is the worst strong character ever, no accomplishments of his own. Fuck Levi.
    I know you hate the guy, but that's just plain false. The guy mows down titans like grass.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    And so the cycle of violence continues... I wonder how far 'deep' this conspiracy goes to essentially allow Eldians to come back into power? Is it going to be a cycle repeats kind of thing?
    Is that even the goal?

Cause, lets be real here, the Marleyians are Nazis and the Eldians are the Jews. It's not at all subtle.

I know that one soldier said New Eldian Empire, but it might just be more about freeing their people and toppling their oppressors.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 01-31-2021 at 11:58 PM.

The story as advertised to other nations at least, is that the Eldians ruled over all with their titan powers until they were defeated and the powers split up into nine. "Eldian Empire" sounds a lot like world domination in this context.

Obvious parallels here if Nazi Germany, but the Jews didn't have within them the power to transform into titans, so I'm not surprised that the rest of the world can get on board the hate-train - especially now that Eren stomped out a good number of foreign delegates seemingly unprovoked.

Falco's got his work cut out for him if he's going to save the world from... this. His only advantage is that he hasn't become a little ball of hate, somehow.

The issue is that the Eldians can't just return to Paradis and say "well, we showed them, we got their most important titan, now leave us be!"

With technological progress, Marley will eventually invent the atomic bomb, and then it's over for Paradis. Actually, now that I mention it I feel like that might happen during the very end of the story; I haven't read the manga, so this isn't a spoiler lol.

But how can Paradis even begin to think they could win a war against THE WHOLE WORLD? And making peace isn't really easy either, because non-Eldians wouldn't want to live among people that might transform into deadly giants any given second.

Phew.

Ah, fuck Sasha dying ... although I'll say it'd have been worse if Conny had died. I was expecting the Sasha-foreshadowing to be a diversion and then Conny bite the grass. Honestly, though, I hate how EVERYONE comes off as suicidal. Seriously, the atmosphere amongst the old main characters couldn't be grimmer. Eren, Mikasa, Levi, Jean, Conny, and most conspicuously Armin. It's like they all full well know "this is gonna end soon and we're not gonna live through it".

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Obvious parallels here if Nazi Germany, but the Jews didn't have within them the power to transform into titans, so I'm not surprised that the rest of the world can get on board the hate-train - especially now that Eren stomped out a good number of foreign delegates seemingly unprovoked.
    Except for the part where Marley is the one MAKING the Titans. Like, the Eldians don't just become titans on their own. They become Titans because the Marleyans inject them with Titan juice to turn them into weapons.

It's like if the world feared Jews because they were also nukes, but the Nazis were the ones turning them into nukes and launching them at people.

Falco's got his work cut out for him if he's going to save the world from... this. His only advantage is that he hasn't become a little ball of hate, somehow.
    Falcon's heel turn is dependent on what happens to Gabbi. It's obvious she's the one he cares about, and if something happens to her, that's the thing that will send him into a hate spiral.

With technological progress, Marley will eventually invent the atomic bomb, and then it's over for Paradis.
    I mean, you're metagaming there. Atomic bombs might never be invented, and they certainly wouldn't KNOW that a thing they can't even conceive of is going to be invented.

But you are right that technology WILL surpass the Titans eventually, and they probably WILL come for them.

Of course...the solution there is to...also progress your technology, and not rely on the Titans for your defense.

But how can Paradis even begin to think they could win a war against THE WHOLE WORLD? And making peace isn't really easy either, because non-Eldians wouldn't want to live among people that might transform into deadly giants any given second.
    Aren't the walls made up of, like, a million near-colossal Titans that the entire reason Paradis was left alone was because the Founder could wake them up and wipe out the world at any time?

non-Eldians wouldn't want to live among people that might transform into deadly giants any given second.
    Again, though, that...doesn't happen. Like, nobody inside the walls ever just spontaneously transformed into a Titan.

The Titans were all outside the walls, and they were there because the Marleyans kept making them and SENDING them there. If you don't have people running around injecting Eldians with needles full of Titan fluid, you don't have people turning into Titans.

It's like they all full well know "this is gonna end soon and we're not gonna live through it".
    Well, Armin and Erin DO know that. They're Titan shifters. Which means they're dead in a couple years regardless. And then Mikasa is all depressed because, well, the only two people in the world she cares about are dead in a couple years regardless.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 02-01-2021 at 03:42 PM.

Wait, I thought Eldians turn into giant when Historia/Eren use their special call power? Injections are only for conscious titan transformations. Am I wrong?

Because conscious or not, all it takes is someone with the call power sneak into some town, call, and suddenly monsters everywhere.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Except for the part where Marley is the one MAKING the Titans. Like, the Eldians don't just become titans on their own. They become Titans because the Marleyans inject them with Titan juice to turn them into weapons.
    I don't think the world at large understands the mechanisms of how Eldians turn into titans. Marley has no reason to explain it, and even if they did, the danger they (Eldians) possess remains, so others may be wary and resentful of them as a people. Zeke was shown being able to shout out and create titans spontaneously (during the air drop in the first episode this season and off screen in season 2, unless you believe he individually held down and syringed Connie's whole village), so what if other Eldians can do that, or what if you don't know any better because you aren't privy to Marley's military secrets and just assume they can do that to themselves? I certainly believe they are rightfully afraid now theat they have struck the mainland.

Also, it would seem this entire conflict so far is of Erin's independent actions. He knew the scouts had to come get him, so he set up the stage to strike where he could accomplish the most of his goals (whatever those are/were; likely claiming the warhammer titan) before he is restrained by his own people.

Yeah but, neither of those is random, they're specific creations of a couple of the Shifters.

If you just make sure the people that become Shifters aren't assholes, there'd be no reason for there to ever be more than 9 Titans in the world. And no reason to worry about random Eldians becoming Titans.

I don't think the world at large understands the mechanisms of how Eldians turn into titans.
    We're talking about what hope Paradise has for peace.

If the Marleyans are keeping it a secret, obviously the first step is to...tell everyone.

during the air drop in the first episode
    Pretty sure those people weren't normal. They had rictus Titan grins even BEFORE Zeke roared.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Tue, 02-02-2021 at 12:22 AM.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DEX
    Pretty sure those people weren't normal. They had rictus Titan grins even BEFORE Zeke roared.
    I think that was normal. The grin was for effect.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I'm not talking about the shot of them in the plane where one looks like he's smiling, I'm talking about the shot of them all dropping out, where a bunch of them literally have their faces contorted into that horrible titan grim where the skin is pulled back and all their teeth are showing.

Yes, I'm talking about the entire grinning thing.

episode 68:

I swear, AoT has invented time travel. These episodes feel sooooo short ...

It was interesting, but I didn't like the flashback. Just show me the present time events. And Levi remains an unlikeable asshole.

I wonder what Zeke's plan is. It's NOT awakening all the titans in the walls, right?

Also, was it really necessary for him to kill so many Eldians on Paradis if he always planned to go against Marley? Like, he could have conspired with Eren and Co. earlier :/

Also, was it really necessary for him to kill so many Eldians on Paradis if he always planned to go against Marley? Like, he could have conspired with Eren and Co. earlier
    No point if he didn't think they could pull it off.

No point if he didn't think they could pull it off.
    He also didn't have a group of volunteers to send to help them out. Remember that Paradise needed 3 years to climb the tech tree and build their knowledge. That time was bought by having the world learn Marley's titans were captured.

It also required Marley to not launch an immediate counterattack - that's why Paradise destroyed their port.

Good to see the years gap was put to good use.

It makes sense in a 'of course it works that way' hindsight that there were other peoples conquered who don't like Marley enough to want to destroy them. My question is how or when, exactly, Zeke decided to take up his father's mantle? Was it before or after he outed his entire rebel cell? Was he always deep double, or did his hate fester and grow during his years of servitude?

I really like that at least some of the captives became more or less integrated to paradise island's little society- even if they are kept at arms length supposedly until the danger of war has passed.

Good to see the years gap was put to good use.

It makes sense in a 'of course it works that way' hindsight that there were other peoples conquered who don't like Marley enough to want to destroy them. My question is how or when, exactly, Zeke decided to take up his father's mantle? Was it before or after he outed his entire rebel cell? Was he always deep double, or did his hate fester and grow during his years of servitude?
    Imagine if that was all actually Owl's ploy - that he knew Papa Jaeger's revolution meant nothing without infiltrating Paradise Island.. so got in touch with Zeke to force his dad into a spy mission to capture the Founding titan and to revolt in the coming years.

IF that was the case, and Eren remembers it, then it'd explain 100% why he has full confidence that Zeke will pull through with the plan.

I'm excited that we got an entire load of titan syringes. Means we can turn more of our favorite characters into Titans.

New girl clearly knows Annie. I wonder if they'll turn her to their side.

I'd actually forgotten that Shifters get the memories of the shifter they ate. I wonder if Eren learned anything interesting from eating the Hammer Titan.

I'm excited that we got an entire load of titan syringes. Means we can turn more of our favorite characters into Titans.
    But they'd be mindless titans, right? You first become a mindless titan and THEN you must a shifter to become a conscious titan. That's how I understood it. So unless you wanna sacrifice our favorite characters, I don't see how they can become conscious titans. Nobody's gonna eat Historia, Eren or Armin. Maybe Zeke could be up for dinner.

But they'd be mindless titans, right? You first become a mindless titan and THEN you must a shifter to become a conscious titan.
    Right. You have Female, Cart, Jaw and Armor still available.

Obviously you have beat them first, but that's what I'm looking forward to.

C'mon Jaw Connie!