Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Attack on Titan: Shingeki no Kyojin

Mikasa's heartless pragmatism toward the merchant. ♥♥♥♥

I guess we've also found out why she was so insanely devoted to Eren. He was a bit of a little psychopath, wasn't he? Then he infected Mikasa with legions of crazy.

I'm a little bit amused at the inverse-racism. "Orientals" are some kind of superhumans apparently. Not quite as funny as the Ultra pro-Japanese uses in other series though.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryll
    "Orientals" are some kind of superhumans apparently.
    I don't think they ever said that. Her brain "unlocked" when she came to that realisation, but it wasn't "oriental-specific". You can interpret it that way though because Mikasa is the only surviving Oriental, meaning we can't differenciate this as a Mikasa-event, or an Oriental-event. I go the former though.

The thing they DID say was that they're exotic sex slaves.

Her flashback was awesome. Best episode for me since ep02.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Two things I just want to mention:

- didnīt they say they knew bascially nothing about the titans? Suddenly, they know about "abnormals" and ahve a specific name for them, Eotena.

- Mikasa is too strong. She makes those titans look overly weak.

And damn, I still cannot believe that Eren is truly dead. Makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli
    - didnīt they say they knew bascially nothing about the titans? Suddenly, they know about "abnormals" and ahve a specific name for them, Eotena.
    That's a Commie thing, they've been using that label in place of Titans since the beginning.

I take it you've been watching gg up till now, and followed Ark's link?

Eren is "dead" in that the titan ate him and walked away and no one knows where he is. I refuse to believe he's dead at this point until we see his body (which ironically impossible if he's eaten, so I suppose I can only keep on believing).

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    That's a Commie thing, they've been using that label in place of Titans since the beginning.

I take it you've been watching gg up till now, and followed Ark's link?
    Ah, okay, makes sense.

Eren is "dead" in that the titan ate him and walked away and no one knows where he is. I refuse to believe he's dead at this point until we see his body (which ironically impossible if he's eaten, so I suppose I can only keep on believing).
    Yeah, thatīs what I hope for, too.
    You know, I havenīt spoiled myself anything, but I heard other people say "the next 2-3 episodes will decide if keep watching the anime", as if thereīs some big twist coming up. Made me think weird stuff like "hm, maybe those who are eaten by titans are teleported to another realm", lol.

Anyway, the biggest wtf in this episode: Mikasa is oriental. WAT. They certainly did a bad job at drawing Mikasaīs face ANY different from the other characters. just lol

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli
    You know, I havenīt spoiled myself anything, but I heard other people say "the next 2-3 episodes will decide if keep watching the anime", as if thereīs some big twist coming up. Made me think weird stuff like "hm, maybe those who are eaten by titans are teleported to another realm", lol.
    I had that thought ever since Eren was "eaten" and Titans were also shown to be non-reproductive. The "eaten" humans become future titans somehow.

And ofc Mikasa is oriental. Not "slanty-eyed" oriental like you saw in Thermae Romae, but still oriental. I don't know how you could have mistaken her for any other.

Btw. anyone has an idea what the beginning of the opening song lyrics are supposed to mean?

"Sie sind das Essen, und wir sind die Jäger", German, for "they are the food, and we are the hunters".

The hunters should be the recon squads, but would the titans be called "food"? Or is it just Japanese not knowing German that well, and what they really meant was "prey" instead of food? Would make more sense.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Eren coming back would be a stretch on so many levels.
    Except the Titans thing and maybe the spider like equipement/movements, everything else is crudely "reality" like... even if on the violent and pessimistic side of Mankind.
    Well, Mikasa is also surreal. The way she's way overskilled that she can beat any special troop veteran and how she eats titans for breakfast...

But for Eren to comeback when he's swallowed, missing an arm and leg. Even if Mikasa arrives just as he's still in the throat, like for Armin's bullshit scene, that would be really too much.

And I do not think the "Eren got a monster-Titan-killing-machine child with Mikasa" would work either. We are still waiting for that kind of fanservice after all

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    The hunters should be the recon squads, but would the titans be called "food"? Or is it just Japanese not knowing German that well, and what they really meant was "prey" instead of food? Would make more sense.
    Well, it is either a new phenomenon known as Jerman (like Engrish) or that line is actually meant to be the Titans. As humans are the food, and perhaps the more intelligent titans view themselves as hunters that shoot fish in a barrel.

It's probably them screwing up the German.

Eren and Mikasa's flashback was jolly good. Such a psycho couple.

I reckon Mikasa is so strong partially because she keeps her head really cool, isn't afraid (except for Eren's safety) and doesn't hesitate. Fighting against these giants, the first attribute is quite essential, as we saw in the previous ep when Eren's squad was annihilated largely because Eren is always so hot-headed. It's not like most of the giants we have seen would have been overly intelligent. So, humans ought to use intelligence to defeat them. However, Eren threw such things to the wind and charged forward heedlessly. The first titan we saw Mikasa defeat was doing the exact same thing Eren did, and paid the price similarly when Mikasa disposed of it before it knew what hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Eren and Mikasa's flashback was jolly good. Such a psycho couple.

I reckon Mikasa is so strong partially because she keeps her head really cool, isn't afraid (except for Eren's safety) and doesn't hesitate. Fighting against these giants, the first attribute is quite essential, as we saw in the previous ep when Eren's squad was annihilated largely because Eren is always so hot-headed. It's not like most of the giants we have seen would have been overly intelligent. So, humans ought to use intelligence to defeat them. However, Eren threw such things to the wind and charged forward heedlessly. The first titan we saw Mikasa defeat was doing the exact same thing Eren did, and paid the price similarly when Mikasa disposed of it before it knew what hit it.
    At the same time, Mikasa got some easy titans from what we saw. None of them jumped at her, slapped at her mid-flight or pulled her wires. The running abnormal completely ignored her shot to its neck.

At the same time, Mikasa got some easy titans from what we saw. None of them jumped at her, slapped at her mid-flight or pulled her wires. The running abnormal completely ignored her shot to its neck.
    True. But it was just another part of Eren's foolishness that he assumed all titans are trudging, dull eating machines. It's all up to luck, I guess, and it's fickle in the battlefield. For anybody wanting to survive for longer, it would be best not to count on it. Nothing says Eren wouldn't have encountered easier titans later, and similarly Mikasa might meet the tougher ones, yet all the same they would need to be ready to face and elimate them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    True. But it was just another part of Eren's foolishness that he assumed all titans are trudging, dull eating machines. It's all up to luck, I guess, and it's fickle in the battlefield. For anybody wanting to survive for longer, it would be best not to count on it.
    Isn't inadequate training a part of that? They're trained to attack stationary wooden replacements that rotate at best. They try to surprise the trainees in the woods with rapid appearances, but they are completely unprepared about how fast a titan can move its limbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    Isn't inadequate training a part of that? They're trained to attack stationary wooden replacements that rotate at best. They try to surprise the trainees in the woods with rapid appearances, but they are completely unprepared about how fast a titan can move its limbs.
    Which reminds me.

Where the fuck is Sasha?

Where the fuck is Sasha?
    Probably outdoing Mikasa's kill count, considering the colossal titan smashed the box with the stolen meat in it along with everything else on the battlements. I bet she's pissed.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Have you guys seen this yet? Sure it's fake but it looks so amazing.

saw it, but while it looks cool, that colossal is too colossal. if he was that big, he could destroy the whole wall instead of just kicking in a small gap.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure he actually could destroy the entire thing. Or climb over it for that matter.