Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaming mouses

Blog Entries

Gaming mouses

My mouse has been acting kind of gay lately, anyone know any decent and affordable gaming mouses?

Don't need many buttons, i only play LoL these days anyway.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I've been meaning to bring up a topic like this in General Discussion with polls and shit, but never got motivated enough..

Razer lists 3 different grips and some recommended mice for each of them:

Palm Grip
    Claw Grip
    Fingertip Grip

Grips compared

I use the fingertip grip (I wrongly called it the Claw Grip, for those who remember our IRC discussions).

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I'm using RAT 7(fingertip grip) - pretty cool but pricey mouse - great plus is that you can adjust it to fit your hand perfectly(nearly perfectly). I would recommend Logitech G5 or G500 Ark - they feel great and shouldn't be that pricey. There is MX version of that mouse with the same shape - but it has lower DPI... but it is way cheaper.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

I'm using the Logitech G500 and would recommend it, except it's wired and at $60 I wouldn't call it cheap.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

If it is an option for you, absolutely test mice in the store. You can't tell from pictures what will fit your hand the best and feel the most comfortable.

I use a Razer Mamba I got on sale at Best Buy. I've very happy with it. Aside from the now rare old laser Logitech beasts, there are few manufacturers that make mice with a really nice, high curve for palm grip users.

Separate from the ergonomics (the main reason), the variable, on-the-fly dpi adjustment was a large part of the reason I got it. I have it set quite high for regular computer use, and drop it a notch or two for games.

The only problem I have with it is the thumbgrip drifts toward the front of the mouse, long term use wore the glue down. I could clean it and reapply some kind of rubber cement, but I'm too lazy.

Blog Entries
    I found this one after looking a bit

http://www.amazon.com/Raptor-8158650.../dp/B004E2G2FM

I can buy it locally and the specs sound nice. Then again i cheaped out on this one as well and that didn't turn out so well...

Has anyone got any experience with the fairly new Razer Ouroboros? Looks like the design has been ripped off a little from the Mad Catz R.A.T. mouses. Specs are impressive.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Blog Entries
    Looks like something out of Star Trek

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    I found this one after looking a bit

http://www.amazon.com/Raptor-8158650.../dp/B004E2G2FM

I can buy it locally and the specs sound nice. Then again i cheaped out on this one as well and that didn't turn out so well...
    Not liking the reviews on this mouse. Way too many poor ratings. It has some better reviews on other sites, but something tells me you'll be back here hating on this mouse shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Killa-Eyez View Post
    Has anyone got any experience with the fairly new Razer Ouroboros? Looks like the design has been ripped off a little from the Mad Catz R.A.T. mouses. Specs are impressive.
    Their site says it releases in Q1 2013.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Their site says it releases in Q1 2013.
    It says it ships in Q1 2013. I think it's because they're out of stock or have been cancelled for revisions due to issues with it. It seems there were a few.
    Last edited by Killa-Eyez; Mon, 12-03-2012 at 11:17 PM.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.

It says it ships in Q1 2013. I think it's because they're out of stock or have been cancelled for revisions due to issues with it. It seems there were a few.
    Ahh my bad, you're right. Check this for some reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Ouroboro...owViewpoints=1

Though at $129 that's pretty steep for a mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Ahh my bad, you're right. Check this for some reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Ouroboro...owViewpoints=1

Though at $129 that's pretty steep for a mouse.
    It's the only reason I still haven't bought it. I'm waiting untill prices drop. Maybe a couple issues will be resolved by then also. Read that it had some trouble with scrolling and wireless connectivity. I'd use it wired anyway but if I spent money on it, it better be working, ya know?
    Last edited by Killa-Eyez; Tue, 12-04-2012 at 12:33 PM.

It's the only reason I still haven't bought it. I'm waiting untill prices drop. Maybe a couple issues will be resolved by then also. Read that it had some trouble with scrolling and wireless connectivity. It'd use it wired anyway but if I spent money on it, it better be working, ya know?
    I can't imagine any mouse having features making it worth anywhere near that price. Overall reviews for Razer mice have always been iffy, but that could be the discerning nature of the people who would buy a high-end gaming mouse.

seems nice - it really looks like RAT made by razer, but specs are sky high. It has few problems - for example you need to REGISTER it online before it even works. and that's retarded.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair View Post
    seems nice - it really looks like RAT made by razer, but specs are sky high. It has few problems - for example you need to REGISTER it online before it even works. and that's retarded.
    And I thought Logitech made good hardware (although even that isn't true anymore) but lousy software. Who knows why anybody would want to break that record by making even worse software.

Blog Entries
    Right now i'm thinking either the g400 or g500, i'll try to get some hands on experience tomorrow and then i'll choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Right now i'm thinking either the g400 or g500, i'll try to get some hands on experience tomorrow and then i'll choose.
    G400 is almost the same as my MX518 and I can tell it's an excellent basic gaming mouse. The major difference seems to be doubled dpi. If my MX518 ceased to work right now, I might be tempted to get G400.

I have to note, though, that I haven't installed Logitech's software at all, and thus one of the extra buttons doesn't work for me. The two thumb buttons work naturally with generic Windows drivers (both in Windows and games supporting extra buttons). The dpi buttons are hardware controlled, so they work as well. My experience from years past is that Logitech is only capable of producing bloatware, which is why I never installed it. The hardware is good, though.

I just replaced my mx518 with the G500. Liking it so far but i'm not completely used to it yet. I used the mx518 for a looong time so it's gonna take a while I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    I just replaced my mx518 with the G500. Liking it so far but i'm not completely used to it yet. I used the mx518 for a looong time so it's gonna take a while I think.
    I made the same move not long ago. I don't see that much difference between the two except the G500 is a lot more responsive and jumpy. Did you install the weights to improve the feel of the mouse?

Replaced my trusty old mx518 with a G400 a year ago, feels damn near identical except my 518 had a glossy surface, while the g400 is more of a textured "smooth" kind of surface (it's by no means a "rough" texture, its very slight).

Loved the shape/feel of the mx518 so i just continued with the updated version :P

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."