Thread: One Piece Episode 572

Hell yeah! Vice Admiral Smoker! I knew he'd get promoted! Not all the way to Admiral though unfortunately.

Looks like Jimbei might join now after all, he just has to formally leave Big Mam's service, and Luffy is on his way to see her anyway.

Also, awesome that it's going to look like Luffy sent her a bomb.

Just another great episode all around!

And Pekoms is a lion that ate the turtle fruit. What's with all these animals randomly being able to talk like humans now?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    Hell yeah! Vice Admiral Smoker! I knew he'd get promoted! Not all the way to Admiral though unfortunately.
    I don't think he'd want to be an admiral. It would take time away from personally chasing Luffy and other pirates.

A jolly good ep all in all. Luffy seemingly sending a bomb in a chest was a fine detail.

Tashigi is having a hard time with these ruffians. She takes everything so hilariously seriously that I almost feel pity for her.

Maaaan this is a breath of fresh air from all that Hordy stuff that went on for way too long. Fantastic ep!

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

I like the G-5 guys already. They're like pirates...that are marines.

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    And Pekoms is a lion that ate the turtle fruit.
    Are we sure that's his deal?

I mean, maybe he's a Kappa that ate a Lionfruit.

After all, Zoan fruit isn't the only explanation for a talking animals. Abalom had a lion head too, and his was purely surgical.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I don't think he'd want to be an admiral. It would take time away from personally chasing Luffy and other pirates.
    I don't think he has much of a say in the matter. If the Marines promote him, they promote him.

And as an Admiral, who's going to tell him he can't chase who he wants.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 11-11-2012 at 12:00 PM.

And as an Admiral, who's going to tell him he can't chase who he wants.
    A desk full of paperwork and a schedule full of meetings with other staff and who knows what blockhead monarchs and politicians?

A desk full of paperwork and a schedule full of meetings with other staff and who knows what blockhead monarchs and politicians?
    Sure. But he'd just ignore them. He does that now as a Vice Admiral. I doubt becoming Admiral would change that.

Then why on Earth would they make him an admiral if everybody knew he wouldn't act like an admiral nor do the work of an admiral? They would need to give him more money and a better ship yet he would just keep doing what he has always been doing. Wouldn't really compute, if you think about it.

Smoker is to Luffy what Garp was to Roger. They'll be buddy buddy at the end of the story.

Then why on Earth would they make him an admiral if everybody knew he wouldn't act like an admiral nor do the work of an admiral?
    Because it's all about appearances with the WG.

The idea that the Admirals are these three invincible Logia users that the WG can use against it's enemies is almost as useful as a threat as it is actually having their power at their disposal.

Besides which, I haven't seen any evidence that being an Admiral is as much paperwork and kowtowing as you say it is. All we've seen so far is them spending their free time investigating whatever they feel like, and then showing up when a war or Celestial Dragon assault calls for them.

Aokiji investigated the Strawhats just to satisfy his curiosity about Robin. Akainu was hunting Blackbeard.

If Smoker wanted to spend his time between global incidents chasing the Strawhats, I don't think anyone would object.

Quote Originally Posted by unandpw View Post
    Smoker is to Luffy what Garp was to Roger. They'll be buddy buddy at the end of the story.
    Almost certainly.

I like the G-5 guys already. They're like pirates...that are marines.

Are we sure that's his deal?

I mean, maybe he's a Kappa that ate a Lionfruit.

After all, Zoan fruit isn't the only explanation for a talking animals. Abalom had a lion head too, and his was purely surgical.
    I don't even know if I'd count Absalom. He just seems like a human with lion parts grafted onto him.
    Now, that white bear in Law's crew, however, is strange to me...
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I don't even know if I'd count Absalom. He just seems like a human with lion parts grafted onto him.
    That's exactly what he was. My point is, there's other reasons a character might look like an animal.

Now, that white bear in Law's crew, however, is strange to me...
    Could just be a Polar Bear zoan.

Pekoms is just strange because he's clearly two animals. So if one is the zoan power, it's just a question of where the other comes from.

If he's just an animal that ate a different Zoan fruit, like they said, he shouldn't be able to talk.

Maybe there's an island with animals that walk on two legs and talks like humans.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZie View Post
    Maybe there's an island with animals that walk on two legs and talks like humans.
    Could be!

It's One Piece, any explanation is feasible!

One thing's for sure... he's probably a legit polar bear. Remember when they were at Amazon Lily and he was only interested if there were female polar bears around?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

One thing's for sure... he's probably a legit polar bear. Remember when they were at Amazon Lily and he was only interested if there were female polar bears around?
    The alternative is to horrible to imagine.