Thread: One Piece Episode 571

I love Luffy more than life itself...

Everything about this episode was Luffy being awesome.

And he's going to get Fishman Island destroyed after all!

Also...Big Mam is gross...

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    And he's going to get Fishman Island destroyed after all!
    Why? I thought he just saved it by redirecting Big Mam's wrath from the island to himself.

But yeah, Luffy nonchalantly answering the phone instead of the hesitating Big Man's underlings was a jolly good and very Luffy-like thing to do. Things like that unequivocally mark him as a man of huge calibre personality wise. You can be as powerful as you want, but if you hesitate or think of consequences even for a moment, you can't walk alongside the big players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Why? I thought he just saved it by redirecting Big Mam's wrath from the island to himself.
    I believe DE is referring to Shirley's prediction, which could still come true, though I don't think it would be anytime soon.

It's nice to hear that the other supernovas are still tearing shit up.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

But he also said he's going to make Fishman Island his territory.

Which means if Big Mam doesn't destroy it now, it'll probably end up getting destroyed later by someone wanting to go to war with Luffy.

True, but if after all this they still don't get stronger and more independent in the future, they deserve to get destroyed once or twice. Besides, they have Poseidon, so invasions by humans ought to be considerably harder soon enough. They can destroy or stop any ship trying to approach the island once they get the hang of it.

They can destroy or stop any ship trying to approach the island once they get the hang of it.
    Assuming they even approach the island instead of someone like Blackbeard just destroying it with an Earthquake.

Sure. Blackbeard can destroy the whole world with an earthquake, and there's nothing anybody could do about it. So, it would be more relevant to consider less overpowered cases. Besides, even in such a case the fish folk would be the ones better off. If Blackbeard destroyed the fishman island so deep underwater from the surface, he would at the same time cause such widespread damage that multiple human islands would be wiped out. So, the fishmen would need to swim somewhere else to build a new home, but lots of human countries would become nothing but footnotes in history books, all of their citizens dead.

If Blackbeard destroyed the fishman island so deep underwater from the surface, he would at the same time cause such widespread damage that multiple human islands would be wiped out.
    I'm not sure why that has to be the case. It's a magic earthquake power. If Blackbeard wants to localize the earthquake to one island, he probably can.