Thread: One Piece Episode 570

Good episode.

Does it bother anyone else that Oda can't keep his mythologies straight? He named is secret weapons after two Roman gods and a Greek god.

If the weapons are just 3 things that can destroy the world, I wonder if the Gura Gura Fruit is one of them.

Blackbeard becoming an Emperor is not surprising. The fact that taking Whitebeards fruit is apparently not a one time thing, is.

Is it not just Blackbeard that can do it? Does the whole crew know how? Or is it just that Blackbeard has no limit on how many he can take?

Akainu being Fleet Admiral is also not surprising. Aokiji leaving the marines is. Aokiji for Strawhat Membership!

I'm curious who the Marines got to replace the two empty slots in the 3 Admirals. Hoping one of them is Smoker, since they seem to like putting Logia users in the position.

I can honestly say I'm pleasantly surprised about what happened to Hody. Normally when an anime has some method that "gives great temporary power, but shortens the users life" the consequences are never really shown(see. 2nd Gear). Or they just die younger, but it doesn't matter because characters like that never live long enough for it to matter anyway.

But for once, hey, real consequences!

It bothers me though that the rest of the New Fishman Pirates seem to be just as old as Hody and the Octopus. The rest of the crew only had, like, a couple pills each. But they seem to be suffering as much as the characters that took fistfulls.

Uh oh! Pissing off one of the Emperors! That's naughty!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    Does it bother anyone else that Oda can't keep his mythologies straight? He named is secret weapons after two Roman gods and a Greek god.
    It's an entirely different world, he's just using old names because they add a big free of charge punch. It doesn't bother me at all.

I'm curious who the Marines got to replace the two empty slots in the 3 Admirals. Hoping one of them is Smoker, since they seem to like putting Logia users in the position.
    I seem to recall Smoker had declined promotions before in order to roam more freely and not get trapped behind a desk. But maybe I'm remembering wrong.

I can honestly say I'm pleasantly surprised about what happened to Hody. Normally when an anime has some method that "gives great temporary power, but shortens the users life" the consequences are never really shown(see. 2nd Gear). Or they just die younger, but it doesn't matter because characters like that never live long enough for it to matter anyway.

But for once, hey, real consequences!

It bothers me though that the rest of the New Fishman Pirates seem to be just as old as Hody and the Octopus. The rest of the crew only had, like, a couple pills each. But they seem to be suffering as much as the characters that took fistfulls.
    Yeah, I was also pleasantly surprised. I thought they would just drop dead, Hody first. But this surely has more impact. I guess Hody not looking significantly worse off is just a compromise to serve the story. It's not like they would have any part in the story anymore, I reckon.

Uh oh! Pissing off one of the Emperors! That's naughty!
    Perhaps Big Mama's underlings will get rowdy and Luffy will kick their asses out of the island. Luffy has a certain knack for creating more "friends" out of strong people...

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    It's an entirely different world, he's just using old names because they add a big free of charge punch. It doesn't bother me at all.
    I think it would bother me less if there wasn't ALSO a character named Neptune.

It's like, okay, that's what the last one SHOULD have been named!