Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Naruto Chapter 606

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter View Post
    If those were Madara's (or actually Izuna's) eyes, why could Nagato only activate the Rinnegan and not have access to the Sharingan/MS along with abilities like Susano'o? Revived Madara can cycle through the different states so it doesn't make sense that Nagato couldn't.
    He'd have to learn how to do it. Which is vaguely pointless when he has the world's most powerful eyes at his disposal.

Also, there is the tricky possibility: remember how all of Nagato's creations had a Rinnegan? That seems to imply that Nagato could make "copies" of the Rinnegan to put into things. Maybe Madara did that.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

To be honest, whilst this goes against what has been said in the series, I can't see how the Rinnegan is more powerful than the Sharingan if you have MS/EMS activated. Techniques likes Susano's, Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu are pretty powerful things which could wallop even those with the Rinnegan. The Itachi/Nagato skirmish alluded to this. Unless the technique to bring back people from the dead can be used on yourself, I can't see how the Rinnegan is better than the Sharingan. Different yes, as powerful perhaps yes for arguments sake, but not better.

With regards to copies of the Rinnegan, it seems a bit like Kage Bunshin where instead of chakra being split up it is the abilities that are split up amongst those being controlled.

i believe they said once that the sharingan isnt strong againts multiple targets making the rinnengan being the perfect counter to the sharingan

Quote Originally Posted by ForteCross View Post
    i believe they said once that the sharingan isnt strong againts multiple targets making the rinnengan being the perfect counter to the sharingan
    How would it be the perfect counter in a 1 on 1-situation?

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    The fact that it would never be a 1v1 considering it can manipulate 6 other bodies.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Well since they all share the same vision, If one gets caught in a genjutsu wouldn't they all get caught?

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    No, Jiraija caught 3 in a genjutsu and the other 3 were just fine.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

to caught them on a genjutsu you would need to caught all of them at the same time otherwise they could cancel the genjutsu altogether

It could be argued that Jiraiya caught them in sound based Genjutsu, not a visual one which is why they all didn't get caught. Though I do seem to vaugely recall Jiraiya using a visual one too...

Yea, that is one of the weaknesses of genjutsu in general. If there is someone to break you out of it, then the caster is at a disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj View Post
    Yea, that is one of the weaknesses of genjutsu in general. If there is someone to break you out of it, then the caster is at a disadvantage.
    Sure, but depending on the strength of the genjutsu it isn't quite as simple. Someone like Jiraiya using a sage-level sound genjutsu doesn't seem as tho a simple tap on the shoulder would be enough to cancel it. Obviously this is evident in situations like Itachi's tsukoyomi. (how close am I to spelling it right? cant believe I even remembered the name of it) where people get trapped in it for days regardless of outside interaction.

I think the whole rinnengan counters sharingan is more due to sharingan being the perfect reaction based bloodline technique. But its obviously more difficult to react to multiple targets. Especially ones that use techniques like the Yahiko Pain used, there's nothing to really analyze with the sharingan... the only thing to notice is the time it takes to recharge and that is evident with or without the sharingan.