Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Naruto Chapter 599

He was 13 when he died not 16.
    -----------------

I honestly don't see why his age matters. We really don't know his age at all, we are just speculating based on Naturo's age at the time of the Chuunin exam. But, we saw from the flashback that enough time had passed from Obito/Kakashi/Rin taking the chuunin exam to the 3rd ninja war, to allow Kakashi to be promoted to jounin and for Obito to take the chuunin exam a second time.
    We also don't know how much time passed from his "death" to the attack on Konoha.

If his height is the issue for some, when we see Kakashi and the others during the attack on Konoha, they appear to be the same height as Naruto is currently. Obito would be of similar height.

If power is the issue, he was only able to do what he did because of an overpowered mangekyou ability. And he still did not measure up to Minato in any way. He challenged Minato, but he was overconfident and got his ass royally kicked and was forced to retreat. Even with an time-space ninjutsu superior to Minato's, he lacked Minato's experience.

I'm sure if you are patient, we will get some flashbacks that show what happened and answer most of the questions. Kakashi will most likely ask Obito many of these questions himself.

I'm guessing Kakashi will get this other eye and complete an EMS set.

Tobi's MS technique is so overhyped imo. It's nuts that it even took this long for them to land a hit on him. They already know how the technique works, Naruto with some kage bunshins should be able to own that technique, especially cause that's the ONLY thing he does 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by FireEmblem View Post
    Tobi's MS technique is so overhyped imo. It's nuts that it even took this long for them to land a hit on him. They already know how the technique works, Naruto with some kage bunshins should be able to own that technique, especially cause that's the ONLY thing he does 1v1.
    It was only done this way to work in the Kakashi eye connection. Not a big deal.

Plus, sending the kagebunshin to the other dimension was pretty damn cool.

I don't mind these chapters. They were necessary and answered a lot of questions we've had since Kakashi first got his MS. My problem is just that I don't think Tobi's ability is that great. Kishimoto just shuts off the characters brains when they're up against him.

The 4th landed a hit within minutes, using a strategy similar to what Naruto pulled off in the first arc of the series, yet somehow now that he's faster, stronger, and smarter he can't think of it or pull it off. Even the way Konan landed her first hit on him was really simple. Any fool should be able to rig a kage bunshin with exploding tags. Granted, none of that is as cool as teleporting a kage bunshin to the other dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidnne View Post
    I honestly don't see why his age matters. We really don't know his age at all, we are just speculating based on Naturo's age at the time of the Chuunin exam. But, we saw from the flashback that enough time had passed from Obito/Kakashi/Rin taking the chuunin exam to the 3rd ninja war, to allow Kakashi to be promoted to jounin and for Obito to take the chuunin exam a second time.
    We also don't know how much time passed from his "death" to the attack on Konoha.

If his height is the issue for some, when we see Kakashi and the others during the attack on Konoha, they appear to be the same height as Naruto is currently. Obito would be of similar height.

If power is the issue, he was only able to do what he did because of an overpowered mangekyou ability. And he still did not measure up to Minato in any way. He challenged Minato, but he was overconfident and got his ass royally kicked and was forced to retreat. Even with an time-space ninjutsu superior to Minato's, he lacked Minato's experience.

I'm sure if you are patient, we will get some flashbacks that show what happened and answer most of the questions. Kakashi will most likely ask Obito many of these questions himself.
    I dunno where you put your eyes, but during the chuunin exams, kakashi and crew were tiny, the size of konohamaru at the start of the show.
    During kakashi gaiden, they were the size of naruto/sasuke during their battle of the valley of the end.
    And why is this even being debated, it has already been established that kakashi became chuunin at age 6 and jounin at age 13 (nearly the same as itachi), also the fact that he is 26 at the start of the show means obito died at 13 and the naruto's birth was 1 year later.
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    I dunno where you put your eyes, but during the chuunin exams, kakashi and crew were tiny, the size of konohamaru at the start of the show.
    During kakashi gaiden, they were the size of naruto/sasuke during their battle of the valley of the end.
    Ok... I only commented on their height during the attack on Konoha, so not really sure what you're replying to here.

And why is this even being debated, it has already been established that kakashi became chuunin at age 6 and jounin at age 13 (nearly the same as itachi), also the fact that he is 26 at the start of the show means obito died at 13 and the naruto's birth was 1 year later.
    Obviously he didn't die. And why can't he be as tall as Minato at 14? Why the hell are we even debating his height as a plot hole? Are the Obito detractors really that desperate? Growing tall during puberty is not a plot hole.

Ok... I only commented on their height during the attack on Konoha, so not really sure what you're replying to here.
    The battle of konoha was 1 year later, making kakashi 14; naruto at age 14 was not as tall as he currently is.
    http://i10.mangareader.net/naruto/59...to-3519103.jpg
    ^that picture clearly shows the missing year between his 15 and 13 year old self.
    At 14 naruto would be much smaller than itachi, who himself was just as tall or even smaller than tobi.
    So saying kakashi (14) was as tall as current 16/17 year old naruto is just seeing things that aren't there.

Obviously he didn't die. And why can't he be as tall as Minato at 14? Why the hell are we even debating his height as a plot hole? Are the Obito detractors really that desperate? Growing tall during puberty is not a plot hole.
    err what? I wasn't pointing out his height there; I didn't point out height at all untill you brought it up.
    That part was about how it is established fact that:
    Obito "died" at 13
    Kakashi was 13 in kakashi gaiden
    Kakashi was 26 at the start of the show
    Tobi's attack thus happens 1 year after obito's death.

This is in direct reply to your bs about:
    We really don't know his age at all, we are just speculating based on Naturo's age at the time of the Chuunin exam. But, we saw from the flashback that enough time had passed from Obito/Kakashi/Rin taking the chuunin exam to the 3rd ninja war, to allow Kakashi to be promoted to jounin and for Obito to take the chuunin exam a second time.
    And "growing tall during puberty" is seriously the most retarded argument you've made on this forum so far, it's almost on the level of Animeniax-stupid.
    There is clearly something strange going on with Tobi's body that has little to do with "pubescant growth" and more with zombie/zetsu/senju/kamui bullshit.

Also Obito detractor? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    Clearly everything points to Tobi being Obito, but I find there are just too many problems with this.
    This post will be about why he shouldn't be obito.
    I clearly stated that tobi = obito, but kishi needs to come up with an extremely good explanation.
    -----------------

What the hell... I wasn't speaking to you in my first post. I didn't quote you until you responded to me. February was griping about Obito being "a full-grown adult" when he fought the 4th. I was speaking in general about the topic, not in response to you. I did not say you were an Obito-detractor or that you personally were talking about anyone's height. When I said "we," I was not referring to you and I, I was referring to everyone in this thread, because there are Obito-detractors in here who are claiming Obito's height to be a plot hole and there has been much debate about Obito's height.

Hell Yeah Kishimoto fullfilled some nerds wet dreams and throw out another poor plot... twist?¿. Im sure that in the next couple of chapters we will get some kind of nonsensical and crappy explanation on how this shit happened. Damn how bad this series has gotten. Anyway I hope that this arc will close naruto forever and prevent further desecrations.
    The path of excess leads to the tower of wisdom

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edort4 View Post
    Hell Yeah Kishimoto fullfilled some nerds wet dreams and throw out another poor plot... twist?¿. Im sure that in the next couple of chapters we will get some kind of nonsensical and crappy explanation on how this shit happened. Damn how bad this series has gotten. Anyway I hope that this arc will close naruto forever and prevent further desecrations.
    How is it a poor plot twist when it`s yet to be explained...? Why are people so against the idea of tobi being obito? someone explain please!
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    How is it a poor plot twist when it`s yet to be explained...? Why are people so against the idea of tobi being obito? someone explain please!
    Because they argued that it wasn't Obito, and now they are mad that they were wrong. They aren't mature enough to say "OK, I was wrong," so instead they are crying about plot holes and calling Kishi stupid for having it be Obito.

Hang about guys, that isn't true. I for one was a major proponent of Tobi not being Obito yet I have accepted I was wrong and I'm sure others have too. However that said it doesn't detract from the points made in our arguments that whilst it wasn't conclusive even a chapter ago who Tobi was, if it turned out to be Obito (a possibility not dismissed out of hand) there would be serious questions to be answered. Just because Kishi has unveiled Tobi to be Obito doesn't mean everything fits perfectly.

I think the following chapter(s) will determine whether or not Obito is a credible Tobi, not that he is Tobi which we all know now (unless in the highly unlikely scenario it turns out to be some other spirit/being merely inhabiting Obito's body, given all the build up Obito received in this chapter). I still believe the age thing is an issue though am now more undecided on Obito's sudden abilities surge given the discussion around how quickly Naruto developed; then again Naruto is the main character so you would expect such advances in him and even with that his powerups are Kyuubi related apart from Sage Mode and Rasenshuriken.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Because they argued that it wasn't Obito, and now they are mad that they were wrong. They aren't mature enough to say "OK, I was wrong," so instead they are crying about plot holes and calling Kishi stupid for having it be Obito.
    To be fair, there was foreshadowing that Tobi was Obito, but the plot holes made a pretty strong case against it. I want a sensible explanation for them, and I'll be unhappy with the story if there isn't one.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

I just think everyone is being overly analytical in an attempt to placate their own egos. It's not like Kishi is writing a Pulitzer prize novel. He is writing a comic book. We don't read it for profound depth, but for the "cool and fun" factor. It's like going to a Michael Bay film and walking out of the theatre complaining he didn't explain how the entire world wasn't destroyed by the excessive amount of explosions.