Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Chapter 599

You guys are too vested in this story. I never understood why we get so upset over this stuff. I guess it just shows how much you all care about Naruto =)
    I though the chapter was awesome. Seeing more of the adults as kids is great. Asuma looks cool! Kakashi yelling at Obito for being late...CLASSIC! Gai not remembering who Obito was in the third round...CLASSIC!
    I am happy and enjoyed the chapter. We should see what the explanation will be next week before we go into too much. I mean we basically knew it was Obito. It has been pointed out so many times in the story. Having clarity is a good thing though. I like the reasoning of the masked man as a symbol, and that Obito was given it. That said, it could make since that we see the masked man through the Naruto time line and is just different people taking on the mantel. One time when they asked Tobi (or Obito we can call him now) who he was, he said it did not matter, and I guess that’s right. It might be Obito under the mask, but that does not matter. What matters is the reason they are fighting. What they are fighting for is what matters. Anyone can be a masked man.

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    No one is buying it anymore. Don't ever post here again.
    no i think i will

I can't wait till you people open up next week's chapter and read Tobi saying - "No you morons, Obito is dead"
    Last edited by b1gdawg; Wed, 08-29-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Can i quote that next week?
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

$50 says b1gdawg is one of the Gotwoot regulars with a fake account. Although browsing through the Naruto threads for the past few weeks makes me wonder how this forum is still so gullible in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
    $50 says b1gdawg is one of the Gotwoot regulars with a fake account. Although browsing through the Naruto threads for the past few weeks makes me wonder how this forum is still so gullible in 2012.
    Aren't we all gullible though? We're still reading Naruto in 2012.

All the smart people got out a long time ago.

Wasn't Tobi said to be a former Mizukage at some point? I suppose it could of been a sharingan genjutsu or transformation technique, but that seems like a poor excuse.

SON OF A BITCH!
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreal View Post
    I suppose it could of been a sharingan genjutsu or transformation technique, but that seems like a poor excuse.
    D:
    That's...exactly what it was and explained as.

@Kaniiski: Did you rip that paragraph from a movie? T for tobi or something?

Why are people complaining that Tobi is Obito? Sorry, I haven't been keeping up to this manga for years.

Generally because they find fault with the character's motivations and the timeline of events, as well as feeling cheated from the diminishing returns of a second, true reveal of the villain's identity. Also because they obviously had a lot invested in their pet theories about who Tobi was and by the end were having to ignore a whole lot of stuff to not realize who it was going to be in the end, and cognitive dissonance is a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gdawg View Post
    I'll gladly admit that I'm wrong when I'm actually wrong. He didn't say hes Obito. What if it's another ninja in Obito's body?
    your persistence is remarkable.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Yeah, smart people stopped reading this manga when Sasuke defeated Deidara. Unfortunately, I wasn´t that smart :/

Quote Originally Posted by cuaghe View Post
    Why are people complaining that Tobi is Obito? Sorry, I haven't been keeping up to this manga for years.
    Because that was the lamest possible option for Tobi´s revelation. When, at the beginning of the time skip, Tobi was shown, people started their theories about him being Obito. People waited for years to find out who is behind this mask, and now the most obvious guess turned out to be right.

Nartopedia already combined both pages into one. making it impossible to read through the clues again.
    although, MFauli, you're correct. Tobi debuted in chapter 280. and right away we started discussing the possibility of him being Obito.
    It's the same mistake Kishimonto did with the 4th being Naruto's dad and the 9tails bonding with naruto. it happened too late in the story that people stopped caring, and were disappointed that all the wait was for the most obvious solution.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

I think I knew that Obito would be Tobi since we saw how Tobi was running Akatsuki. I mean the biggest clue for me was the eye that he gave up to Kakashi was covered up in his mask. Nothing surprising about this reveal.

bout to see how far back I can go to find a post where I called this and everyone laughed at me, then I went home and cried.

I knew Tobi was going to be Obito, but I really wanted it to be a huge fuck you and end up being Nidaime.

Thinking back on it now, all the past scenes of Tobi running around being the comic-relief akatsuki member has somehow became funnier knowing that he was doing it as Obito.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Thinking back on it now, all the past scenes of Tobi running around being the comic-relief akatsuki member has somehow became funnier knowing that he was doing it as Obito.
    That.

Same thought was bouncing around my head too.

Quote Originally Posted by kaniskii View Post
    . One time when they asked Tobi (or Obito we can call him now) who he was, he said it did not matter, and I guess that’s right. It might be Obito under the mask, but that does not matter. What matters is the reason they are fighting. What they are fighting for is what matters. Anyone can be a masked man.
    As V points out in V for Vendetta, there is an inherent contradiction in asking a masked man what his name is. *Unless* that sucker is wearing the mask to hide some horrible deformity, do you seriously expect a straight answer from someone who is obviously and overtly trying to hide who he is?

Has anyone else here read Jim Butcher's Codex Alera? (Furies of Calderon, Academ's fury, cursor's fury... First Lord's Fury) You remember the holy shit moment when you realized that Tavi was so named because he was Octavian? Kishimoto has been teasing us with this reveal FOREVER.

Last edited by Cal_kashi; Thu, 08-30-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    This chapter really was a whole lot of nothing; I'm still waiting on that explanation kishi..
    Lol I got a neg rep for this?...why?
    -----------------