Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Chapter 599

So Obito is Naruto if Naruto didn't have magic fox hax powers.

I can't wait till this get animated. They haven't had a chance to do the Naruto "i'm lonely" comparison in a while, with a sad bgm playing in the background.

OK next guess. Orochimaru abused Obito as a kid which is why he ended up like this.

Izuna is using his sexy no jutsu = obito

As hilarious as this is that Obito is Tobi, it still reiterates how terrible of a job Kishimoto did at building up to this point. Either he went for shock value in attempting to throw such a ridiculous (yet predictable) curve ball, or he forgot how to develop his villains in a meaningful way. There better be a damn good explanation for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
    Anyone else notice how the 4th's face is carved on the mountain before he is even Hokage? Kishimoto doesn't pay close attention.
    Didn't the 4th become Hokage before Obito *died*?
    I could've sworn in the previous Kakashi flashback, Kakashi became the group leader, and the 4th goes off on his own to fight elsewhere, then he shows up with his kage cape and killed everyone with his teleporting daggers.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I'm pretty sure he was a jounin at that point, just like kakashi,

I'm not convinced until they explain everything like how "Obito" started the Akatsuki and gave Nagato the rinnegan. Or how he was able to get so strong in such a short period to fight his own teacher.

It's ok, it could still be Uchiha Izuna possessing Obito.

Super Special Weekly Secret Sauce Uchiha Tech #14: Possession
    Find a near dead body.
    Make sure it's an Uchiha
    ???
    Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gdawg View Post
    I'm not convinced until they explain everything like how "Obito" started the Akatsuki and gave Nagato the rinnegan. Or how he was able to get so strong in such a short period to fight his own teacher.
    Are you STILL trolling?? Give it up already.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidnne View Post
    Are you STILL trolling?? Give it up already.
    He didn't even claim to be Obito... All that happened was Kakashi or Gai asking if it was him.

He didn't even claim to be Obito... All that happened was Kakashi or Gai asking if it was him.
    Ah, to be a teenager again... prideful and ignorant, and refusing to admit you were wrong to the death, while every word you say in defiance only makes you look more and more foolish and immature. Those were the days.

oh what da fack is this BS!!! Tobi = Obito is a huge turn off. damn it, I can't jack off to this. it's just not right.

remember the Tobi vs. 4th? They are appr. equal in size!!! The 4th died when he was in his 20s. kakashi and comp. are like in very early 10s.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidnne View Post
    Ah, to be a teenager again... prideful and ignorant, and refusing to admit you were wrong to the death, while every word you say in defiance only makes you look more and more foolish and immature. Those were the days.
    I'll gladly admit that I'm wrong when I'm actually wrong. He didn't say hes Obito. What if it's another ninja in Obito's body?

Orochimaru took Gen'yūmaru's body. I'm pretty sure most people don't even know who that is, but it's still Orochimaru. This could be the same or a similar jutsu.

Jounin
    Just a thought. If Obito was Tobi back when he fought the 4th, his size was a full grown man. But when he got crushed they had the size of Naruto & Co back at the chunnin exam (maybe slightly bigger). This could indicate a time gap of 5 years+. That is basically Narutos entire progress. If that is so then there would be no mystery how he became as powerful to fight the 4th.

But the possibility of Tobi being someone else back then is still open. And Zombie-Madara mentioned something like he knew who Tobi was didn't he (don't really remember if he actually said it or i just remember wrong)? If so Madara might have been Tobi back then. And rescued Obito and taught him some Uchiha skills and history and then died or being killed and Obito took over as Tobi. Also Obito claims that he gave Nagato the Rinnegan. And we know the Rinnegan comes from the Sharingan. And the only one to have achieved that transformation so far is Madara. After all Tobi has one of his eyes and and Kakashi has the other. So it could be that when Madara-Tobi died Obito-Tobi took his eyes and then gave them to Nagato.

Just food for thought now that someone raised the idea of past and present Tobi might have been two different people.

This chapter really was a whole lot of nothing; I'm still waiting on that explanation kishi..
    -----------------

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    I'll gladly admit that I'm wrong when I'm actually wrong. He didn't say hes Obito. What if it's another ninja in Obito's body?

Orochimaru took Gen'yūmaru's body. I'm pretty sure most people don't even know who that is, but it's still Orochimaru. This could be the same or a similar jutsu.
    Yes, yes! keep going! your denial nurtures me!
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by TwisT View Post
    Just a thought. If Obito was Tobi back when he fought the 4th, his size was a full grown man. But when he got crushed they had the size of Naruto & Co back at the chunnin exam (maybe slightly bigger). This could indicate a time gap of 5 years+. That is basically Narutos entire progress. If that is so then there would be no mystery how he became as powerful to fight the 4th.

But the possibility of Tobi being someone else back then is still open. And Zombie-Madara mentioned something like he knew who Tobi was didn't he (don't really remember if he actually said it or i just remember wrong)? If so Madara might have been Tobi back then. And rescued Obito and taught him some Uchiha skills and history and then died or being killed and Obito took over as Tobi. Also Obito claims that he gave Nagato the Rinnegan. And we know the Rinnegan comes from the Sharingan. And the only one to have achieved that transformation so far is Madara. After all Tobi has one of his eyes and and Kakashi has the other. So it could be that when Madara-Tobi died Obito-Tobi took his eyes and then gave them to Nagato.

Just food for thought now that someone raised the idea of past and present Tobi might have been two different people.
    Madara knew Nagato too.

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    Yes, yes! keep going! your denial nurtures me!
    I think I'm the only one who realized the "?" at the end of the chapter
    Last edited by b1gdawg; Wed, 08-29-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Madara knew Nagato too.

The "Obito?" part? that was kakashi wondering, it usually is hard to believe your dead friend is alive and evil, even in a ninja world, good job finding the "?" and ignoring everything else in the chapter though.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by unandpw View Post
    Not necessarily. We never actually see him use it then.

I think I should clarify my last post and say that Tobi was just a name that Obito chose for his new identity. All previous incarnations of "Tobi" should actually be referred to as the "masked man."

Like you said, you can see the previous masked man was exceptionally tall and had long hair. Both traits of Madara. Same posture too.
    http://i32.mangapanda.com/naruto/590/naruto-3387687.jpg

Madara knew how to control the 9 tails and probably taught it to Obito...who then used it to attack the village.
    There's been speculation in a few places even prior to this Tobi = Obito reveal that Obito inherited the Tobi identity from Madara. Right now, to me at least, it makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TwisT View Post

In regards to Tobi's age during his fight with the 4th.
    Kakashi was 13 when Obito died. He was approximately 26 when the series started. Given that Tobi showed up on Narutos birthday, and Naruto is 12 at the series start, Tobi showed up APPROXIMATELY 1 YEAR after Obito "died"

Carrying on my recent post about Madara and Obito both acting as Tobi, yes Madara mentioned he knew who Tobi was.
    If you take my point about the hair length, when Tobi fought the 4th, he had short hair, when Itachi approached Tobi, he had long hair (and is tall as fuck). The next time we see Tobi chronologically he has short hair again. Aside from Lee, Sakura & Ino who all cut their hair for a reason, nobody has really shown any difference in hair style at all. Kakashi probably hasnt cut his hair in 30 years.

Another thing, Tobi said to Konan that he's the one who told Yahiko to form Akatsuki, that would have happened before Obito even died..

No one is buying it anymore. Don't ever post here again.