Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Chapter 599

Naruto Chapter 599

[MangaStream] Naruto c.599: Minus | SendSpace | Online Viewing

MangaPanda
    Last edited by Marik; Wed, 08-29-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Jounin
    Hahahahaha this is gonna be so fun to see how people handle this. Will the winning camp rub it in the face of the losing camp? I will enjoy this weeks discussions.

Well it turned out as i believed it would after all the convincing arguments you made. But as i said before i hoped it wouldn't come to this. I really didn't want it to be him.

EDIT: BTW i loved the chapter and flashback. Was great that they didn't use any dialog or narration at all. Made it possible to make the flashback this short too and still cover so much. I wonder how they will make it in the anime. Will they do a 10-15 min clip with some music or will they actually add dialog or/and narration and maybe stretch out every flashback scene with added material?

Well, there you have it... I liked the flashback though, nice to see everyone as kids. And how bad he had it for Rin.

sort of like UP, only less imaginative...

guess he also wanted to be hokage, it's a good use of imagiry.
    weird seeing Kakashi there, but I guess we have to believe every known character went to the same class together.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Fuck off, Kishimoto.

Jounin
    Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    sort of like UP, only less imaginative...

guess he also wanted to be hokage, it's a good use of imagiry.
    weird seeing Kakashi there, but I guess we have to believe every known character went to the same class together.
    UP? Care to clarify the reference. Hopefully it's not something obvious that make me look dumb :P

I guess there is big generations that is successful. Was a little strange to see the guy that has a straw in his mouth. I got the feeling he was a generation younger then Kakashi, Gai and Kurenai. Even though you don't see Kakashi's face Gai and Kurenai looks at least 5 years older then the straw guy.

ANBU Captain
    Up is that Disney movie where the first 20 mins is a super depressing montage of the old man's past.
    Well.....this manga got some 'splaining to doooo. This unveil makes no sense...

Jounin
    Ah i never saw that movie. One of the few Disney movies i haven't seen. The trailer didn't look appealing.

Anyways it has been foreshadowed for a long time so it doesn't come out of nowhere. But i 99.9% sure we will get a flashback of what made Obito go bad next chapter or the one after that. But I'm sure it has to do with Rin's death.

I kept imagining Bigdawg reading this chapter with more and more stunned disbelief.

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    I kept imagining Bigdawg reading this chapter with more and more stunned disbelief.
    Im sure he wont show up for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    lol, he probably thinks this is a fan made chapter

Anyone else notice how the 4th's face is carved on the mountain before he is even Hokage? Kishimoto doesn't pay close attention.

f2cae976d006cb858aa141c7e0e94849.png

I think Tobi is/was a lineage of people who fought to end war. The previous Tobi found Obito while he was dying and ended up saving, training, and telling him about his ideals. Obito took the new role we now have a new Tobi. It would also explain how he gave the Rinnegan to Nagato if it was actually a past Tobi.

Meh, just an idea.

I was thinking that too, except just 1 other previous tobi.
    back in the past he had long hair just like madara's
    Madara.PNG

the only thing is that would mean the previous tobi also had obito's eye.

Not necessarily. We never actually see him use it then.

I think I should clarify my last post and say that Tobi was just a name that Obito chose for his new identity. All previous incarnations of "Tobi" should actually be referred to as the "masked man."

Like you said, you can see the previous masked man was exceptionally tall and had long hair. Both traits of Madara. Same posture too.
    http://i32.mangapanda.com/naruto/590/naruto-3387687.jpg

Madara knew how to control the 9 tails and probably taught it to Obito...who then used it to attack the village.

Yeah I can sort of get on board with the Dread Pirate Tobi theory. The only thing is, when the 4th says Madara is dead, Tobi says "I wouldn't say that..." or somesuch. Don't think he was talking about himself. Then again, he also says he "waited a long time" for this, so how's that work? Kamui timewarping shit?

well, to clarify my last post, my theory makes the Tobi that fought the 4th not obito, because I still can't believe that.

btw, tobi has taken a rasengan to the spine, his right arm, and his face and has no damage to show. rasengan = sux

Well at least it is over now, one of the biggest mysterys of Naruto. Congrats to those who stuck to their guns and held on thinking it was Obito.

That said, I still think it is weird that it is him. I'm looking forward to the explanation because there are some serious questions that need answering.

Can we all, at least, agree that this manga has finally "failed", if the whole twist behind Tobi/Obito is some time travel shit? I mean ... seriously ...

This is just like the 4th being Naruto's dad from ages ago. Everyone "knew" it but still was no concrete proof until it was revealed.

I've been in the Tobi = Obito for a long time, but just this once I was hoping it would have been someone else for a twist, not something that has been telegraphed since forever.