Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Chapter 598

Naruto Chapter 598

Blog Entries
    Ha! That was clever, an attack from both fronts.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    This whole fight, with all the shiny lights and ground/mountain crumbling going on, really puts the power and abilities of the 4th into perspective. He made kicking Tobi's ass look easy.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

I'm impressed. that was a good tactic...

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

"Dick Move" or "Reveal"?

What will kishimoto do next chapter? Will it be a Dick Move and not show us who Tobi is? Like go on to an other fight or some other events? Or just have Tobi put on an other mask... lol or will there be a Reveal? I'm talking about the very next chapter. Vote now!

I Vote Reveal. But I could be wrong.

heh.

there was a link i posted in another thread where kishi said tobi would be revealed before the end of august

How is it possible in any way that tobi's face will withstand a mountain shattering rasengan?

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Well he did took a huge ass boulder once...
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    Well he did took a huge ass boulder once...

So you read next weeks leak as well! Cleaver! I like how you worded that. lol It makes it seem like it's Obito. I to thought it was funny that Tobi turned out to be the only other person who took a huge boulder in the series. Although not quite in the same way obito did. I can't wait to see the actual manga though. Only reading spoiler leaks does not do it justice. Not many of us were right Kishimoto was smart about this! I was wrong on my speculations but at least it was not something silly and unbelievable like obito!

You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Oh you utter ass, Kishimoto!
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

Next weeks leak what? no, i haven`t.
    Troll... lol Sorry! But since I was kidding you should be happy it might still be obito. I don't really care as long as we find out one way or an other. I am curious though what other characters have been hit with a boulder just in case by fluke my joke came true. I'm trying to think of characters that have and none come to mind.

Next weeks leak... what? no, i haven`t.

Kinda cool huh?
    Thats freakishly cool! Thanks for sharing.

ALSO!!!
    I should not even bring this up... but if you look at Narutos face on this page...
    http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/598/15
    The bottom left panel were you see the back of Tobi's head... look at Narutos face... It looks funny... now it's not really Narutos face but I had to do a double take... it looked like Naruto suddenly put on face decorations that only Mayuri Kurotsuchi would approve of. Or at least to me it does. I think it's a little funny...
    Last edited by viperwasp; Wed, 08-22-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Just a random thought, but what if Tobi is actually Rin?

We don't know what happened to her, so it's very possible that's she alive. She performed the operation to give Kakashi Obito's eye so she has experience in transferring eyes. It might be possible for her to obtain both those eyes through some random event. She goes through some tragic event and ends up resenting Konoha/Kakashi as she dies(not die?) while blaming them for Obito's death.

It's also strangely odd that with all of the sob story going on in this manga that Kakashi love interest just dies mysteriously off screen. It would also fit with the theme that every female in this series can't seem to do anything by themselves and every action must be influenced by a male.

Of course this is just a random thought, he's probably going to turn out to be Obito anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dragon View Post
    Just a random thought, but what if Tobi is actually Rin?

We don't know what happened to her, so it's very possible that's she alive. She performed the operation to give Kakashi Obito's eye so she has experience in transferring eyes. It might be possible for her to obtain both those eyes through some random event. She goes through some tragic event and ends up resenting Konoha/Kakashi as she dies(not die?) while blaming them for Obito's death.

It's also strangely odd that with all of the sob story going on in this manga that Kakashi love interest just dies mysteriously off screen. It would also fit with the theme that every female in this series can't seem to do anything by themselves and every action must be influenced by a male.

Of course this is just a random thought, he's probably going to turn out to be Obito anyway.
    If that is the case, she must have been using Henge and changing her voice the whole time. Remember when Itachi implanted something in Sasuke's eyes that burned Tobi's mask? It was clearly a man's face underneath.

How the hell is Tobi going to be identified after taking a Super Kyuubi level 10 Sage mode Rasengan to the face?

It can't be Rin, as the frequency of Kamui's use by Tobi suggests only a natural Uchiha body could withstand it. I'm still not giving up on it being Izuna; he could be just trolling Kakashi to win the fight. Besides if it does turn out to be Obito it would plot hole the timelines vis a vis fight with Minato etc.

Also, the amount of times he has used Kamui means he should have gone blind by now if all he has was normal MS, like Itachi, Kakashi, pre-transplant Sasuke/Madara. The fact he can still use his eye must mean it is an EMS, which follows that it isn't Tobi's natural eye but rather a transplant.

Thirdly, the fact that Kurama thinks that Tobi is Madara must mean either Tobi posseses Madara's chakra or his own is almost indistinguishable from Madara's. The former could mean it is Obito through some trick, whilst the latter could point to Izuna.

Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter View Post
    How the hell is Tobi going to be identified after taking a Super Kyuubi level 10 Sage mode Rasengan to the face?
    He's wearing a helmet. Probably an adamantium helmet.

It can't be Rin, as the frequency of Kamui's use by Tobi suggests only a natural Uchiha body could withstand it. I'm still not giving up on it being Izuna; he could be just trolling Kakashi to win the fight. Besides if it does turn out to be Obito it would plot hole the timelines vis a vis fight with Minato etc.
    Obito would have been a teenager during that time period. There was nothing to suggest an age of Tobi during that fight, so it being Obito does not put a hole in the plot.

Also, the amount of times he has used Kamui means he should have gone blind by now if all he has was normal MS, like Itachi, Kakashi, pre-transplant Sasuke/Madara. The fact he can still use his eye must mean it is an EMS, which follows that it isn't Tobi's natural eye but rather a transplant.
    It wouldn't be the first time Kishi ignored previously stated "facts" about the sharingan.

Thirdly, the fact that Kurama thinks that Tobi is Madara must mean either Tobi posseses Madara's chakra or his own is almost indistinguishable from Madara's. The former could mean it is Obito through some trick, whilst the latter could point to Izuna.
    Kurama also said that Sasuke's chakra was just like Madara's, so maybe all Uchiha has similar chakra. Or maybe he was referring to Tobi when he said that, not knowing who Tobi really is and only that Tobi called himself Madara.

Plus, why would Izuna wear a mask to hide his identity? It would be rather anti-climatic to hide his identity for this long, only to reveal him and have nobody recognize him or know who he is.

Honestly, if you're not convinced by this point that it is Obito, then it's going to take seeing his face and having Kakashi say "...O..bi...to...!?" Because Kishi has done everything possible to let us know who he is, except for show his face at this point.

Yeah Obito being a teenager is a problem. It doesn't make sense he would obtain a jump in abilities from being a nobody in to ninja to rival a Hokage. Even Sasuke, a genius from the start, has taken time to get to where he is without having one of his eyes gone and part of his body crushed.

Kurama spoke about Sasuke's chakra being more sinister than his own, like Madara's was. Yet in the case of Tobi he doesn't imply Tobi is like Madara but that he IS Madara.

Izuna wearing a helmet? Well to hide his identity for some stupid Uchiha clan related reason. Not to mess up the legend of the two powerful brothers. How would the political aims of Madara be served (to get the Uchiha to revolt) if they knew his brother in cahoots with him was going arond stealing eyes?

Apart from all this the reason I'm not conviced it is Obito is because it sounds too straightforward. I know people for ages speculated about Minato being Naruto's dad and it turned out to be true, but we are approaching the end of the manga now and it would be more dramatic a twist for everyone to be led down one path and then being wrong footed to the very end. I'm not completely ruling out Obito, as we are all just speculating, but I think it would serve the series better for it to be Izuna. Plus that may explain why Madara is aware of Tobi. Additionally, it would serve a greater purpose for Madara to remain present in the story fighting the Kages than to just be the big bad villain no one can seemingly beat.

Maybe Tobi doesn't age when he's in the alternate dimension?

That`s going to be the punchline, it`s going to leave such a scar that no one will i.d him.

[quote=DB_HunterIt can't be Rin, as the frequency of Kamui's use by Tobi suggests only a natural Uchiha body could withstand it. I'm still not giving up on it being Izuna; he could be just trolling Kakashi to win the fight. Besides if it does turn out to be Obito it would plot hole the timelines vis a vis fight with Minato etc.[/quote]

How can Izuna know things only Kakashi and Obito know? it wouldn`t be a plot hole, he had a mask back then...

Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter
    He`s using Hashirama`s cell to regenerate.

Kurama never saw Tobi`s face, he just took tobi`s word that he`s madara.

Yeah Obito being a teenager is a problem. It doesn't make sense he would obtain a jump in abilities from being a nobody in to ninja to rival a Hokage.
    He`s only used one technique vs the 4th, his phasing ability, which is overpowered as hell. He was a nobody back then, a nobody with an overpowered ability.

Apart from all this the reason I'm not conviced it is Obito is because it sounds too straightforward. I know people for ages speculated about Minato being Naruto's dad and it turned out to be true, but we are approaching the end of the manga now and it would be more dramatic a twist for everyone to be led down one path and then being wrong footed to the very end.
    Absolutelly any and all evidence shown so far has pointed at Obito, the only way for Tobi to be anyone else would be Kishi wanting to troll.

Yeah Obito being a teenager is a problem. It doesn't make sense he would obtain a jump in abilities from being a nobody in to ninja to rival a Hokage. Even Sasuke, a genius from the start, has taken time to get to where he is without having one of his eyes gone and part of his body crushed.
    He didn't even use any abilities aside from Kamui against Minato. It's not like he was super powerful, he was just able to avoid being hit for a while. Until Minato figured out his ability and kicked his ass.

Kurama spoke about Sasuke's chakra being more sinister than his own, like Madara's was. Yet in the case of Tobi he doesn't imply Tobi is like Madara but that he IS Madara.
    That has nothing to do with Chakra. He thought that Tobi was Madara, only because Tobi called himself Madara, or at least allowed Minato to assume he could have been Madara.

Actually, come to think of it. Has Kurama ever actually referred to Tobi at all? We know he mentions Madara a few times, but how do we know he isn't talking about the real Madara each time?