Thread: Sword Art Online Comparisons between the Light Novel and the Anime

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dragon View Post
    There's also trolls like Y.

He claims that he's not messing around, yet almost every response to something he doesn't agree with usually involves an insult. He start arguments by intentionally saying derogatory things in order to provoke a response. Then he would neg rep every person that disagree with him and state that he did it just because some anonymous neg rep him. For good measure, it seems like he needs to jump into this thread and pull it into a pile of horseshit too because there isn't already enough conflict in the anime thread.

That's all i really have to say about Y. I refuse to waste anymore time with his garbage so i'm ignoring his posts and will just hope for the best.
    I laid out my points very succinctly in discussions, and in return I was slapped by anonymous negative replies, posts with no substance insisting I was just trolling, and people like yourself and shinta|hikari retreating to a thread you assumed I and others with negative opinions wouldn't post in to snidely talk shit in this manner. But, of course, this isn't trolling, having the wrong opinion about a Japanese TV show is.

Plenty of my complaints have nothing to do with my apparently radical interpretation of a shut-in loser addicted to MMO games as an antisocial person. The weakness in the mystery script. The creepy, bizarre "sister-cousin lookalike gets almost fondled by tentacles" episode. The disconnected feeling of the early stories, which pretty much every novel reader agreed with and even provided the reasons for (telling the stories out of order without making them fit the character arc). I might be alone in saying I find the house art style bland but is that really such a deranged opinion that it must be presented only to troll you?

There's also the argument that people are being unduly harsh because the show is "too popular" and I feel it's "over-hyped". I picked this show up because I thought the premise was fun having no idea that the book was one of the more popular light-novel series or that the show came with great anticipation, not that those factors are in any way relevant to the quality of the show or lack thereof. I thought the first episode was good enough to keep watching and I thought subsequent episodes had several notable issues. The fact that my posts are typically something negative about the episode is not because I'm just trying to piss you off, it's how I analyze and critique media I'm consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMoogles View Post
    I have to wonder if we even read the same novel.
    If you value your life above all else, staying in a village and waiting for somebody else to clear the game is the wisest route to take. But I go to the front lines every day solo. Am I just simply an addict of VRMMO who keeps increasing his stats through countless battles, or—

Am I an idiot who insolently believes that he can win the freedom of everyone in this world with his sword?
    Quote Originally Posted by shinta|hikari View Post
    Please refrain from name calling in your posts.
    What name calling? "Bucko" is, as Buff said, a term like "buddy". I'm calling MasterOfMoogles reading paradigm stupid and reductionist, not him.
    Last edited by Y; Fri, 08-17-2012 at 01:09 PM.