Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Chapter 596

Naruto Chapter 596

[MangaStream] Naruto c.596: Minus | SendSpace | Online Viewing

MangaBurn

MangaPanda

This week's Shonen Jump is a double issue. Next week is Obon Week in Japan, so no chapter next week.
    Last edited by Marik; Wed, 08-01-2012 at 10:04 AM.

let the Obito rambles begin...

how did he survive a rasengan to his arm?

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Aight it's obito

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Ok i`ll bite, why would anyone think Tobi = Obito THIS time?
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

cuz, they got the same justuz!!

just saw this though. 3 more chapters and obito shall rise
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...ity-this-month

My hipster prediction: Tobi = Madara`s younger brother.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Well, I called it on the connection between Kakashi's jutsu and Tobi's phase-shifting. Didn't expect something cool out of it like this, though. Not a bad chapter. Still feels extremely short though.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Tofu #2 View Post
    cuz, they got the same justuz!!

just saw this though. 3 more chapters and obito shall rise
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...ity-this-month
    Tobi has yet to use a Jutsu. They have similar eye techniques, meaning thats most likely Obito's eye or his ancestors Eye.

ANBU Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    My hipster prediction: Tobi = Madara`s younger brother.
    Db hunter already predicted it was uchiha izuna.....
    By hipster prediction did u mean steal?

Quote Originally Posted by toonice714 View Post
    I read so many predictions over the past year or two that I don't think anyone can say that a prediction is theres... And anyone who pays attention to who predicted what when it comes to who Tobi is, has issues. lol

Here is a short list of Naruto characters that a lot of people seriously thought Tobi could be! Some of theses are still valid. No I'm not looking up everyones name I will use titles and such if I need to.

The Second Hokage
    Madaras brother...
    A clone, or something of the sort of Madara.
    Obito
    Danzo
    Yammato
    Shisui Uchiha
    The Sage of the Six Paths
    Various people or someone in the sarutobi family hence the name Tobi.
    One of the sons of the Sage of Six Paths
    One of the past kages from an other village(Which turned out to be true but we still don't know who he is.)
    Some sort of descendant,son or sibling of one of the various people mentioned above in this list.

Many of the above speculations have gone though in depth discussions and at this point I don't care as long as we do eventually find out. I'm beyond speculating myself. However I think we will find out soon enough. My prediction is that we will find out on Chapter 600! (Maybe not...)

I even heard an elaborate speculation that the 10 tailed beast came to exist because of man kinds development in technology. The rain village seems to be the most advanced but that technology is not used. Meaning it's old as if it survived from back when the 10 tailed beast attacked the world. You notice that giant statue almost machine like construction that Pain seemed to be sitting on when he recalled Hidan and Kakuzu after Asumas death? Well each village or various villages and cities used giant machine warriors as sort of guardians and watchers... the rinnigan was constructed from technology, technology that was so advanced that people could steal power from the gods in a sense and or give birth to things like jutsu etc... So on some level the rinnigan is technological and like I said various machine or robots may have been created and or given said rinnigan. Think of some of the rinnigans powers like the shared vision it seems like an automated system so units can share vision or people could use said machine as drones and see what they see. It does not seem like something your exposed to use dead bodies or resurrected bodies with to control them. It was for surveillance or management and or team work. If cities had guardians with rinnigans they could be used to keep a watch and work in a network or relay information to people within the village etc. At some point man kind created something that went out of control and was to powerful. That is the 10 tailed beast... Over the years technology and understanding of technology was lost until the strange unbalanced technology of the current Naruto universe is all that remains. Tobi is some sort of cyborg or construct that managed to survive all theses years.. Blood lines and everything are from water downed abilities and powers that were once created with technology and implanted in people. The reason certain eye types can read certain old text and stuff is because of encryption. A lot of the oldest and most powerful things like the rinnigan in the Naruto universe point toward technology instead of jutsus etc.

This also explains why some of the paths of pain seem almost mechanical... one path even has missiles. Thats because at one point in the technological development people were able to use technology to tap into the spirit world and perhaps other words and draw power to be used in various way.

It was worded and thought out much better and stuff... Back when I read it I was like cool... and I still personally think that theirs some truth to this speculation but not so much the Tobi part. But I never really gave into this speculation and I am only sharing it now for fun. And to point out how many speculations there really are!

P.S That world that Tobi seems to be able to teleport to... Were is it?
    I have heard the follow speculations and some of theses are mine.

1.The inside of the moon! If the 10 tailed beast's original body was inside the moon Tobi had to be able to get it.
    2. Under the rain village in some sort of technological area or vault.
    3. Some sort of other dimension.
    4. Just some base of Tobis nothing to special.. oro had many bases himself.

Either way it's a stage place unlike any we have seen anywere else in this series... Tobi stores certain types of body parts there.
    Last edited by viperwasp; Thu, 08-02-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Ok i`ll bite, why would anyone think Tobi = Obito THIS time?
    Stupid guess, Their names look similar?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri View Post
    Stupid guess, Their names look similar?
    More like 1/4 human beings are retarded -_-

He has a similar name, he has Obito's eye, and he knows Kakashi and Gai personally. There is literally no other option at this point, barring something silly like Izuna possessing Obito's body and gaining his knowledge (which frankly can't be ruled out at this point, as no option makes sense and is coherent for the timeline). Also, the statement "Tobi has yet to use a jutsu" is laughably stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by toonice714 View Post
    Sorry i couldn`t read each and every naruto thread before posting that, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Y
    He has a similar name, he has Obito's eye, and he knows Kakashi and Gai personally. There is literally no other option at this point, barring something silly like Izuna possessing Obito's body and gaining his knowledge (which frankly can't be ruled out at this point, as no option makes sense and is coherent for the timeline). Also, the statement "Tobi has yet to use a jutsu" is laughably stupid.
    Wasn`t he like... 15 by the time Tobi attacked Konoha with the hipnotized nine tails? how did he pulled that off?

Sorry i couldn`t read each and every naruto thread before posting that, my bad.

Wasn`t he like... 15 by the time Tobi attacked Konoha with the hipnotized nine tails? how did he pulled that off?
    why not, isn't naruto 16?

Remember how childish and aloof Tobi was in his first appearances? Yes, I know the timeline is funky. For all I know literal time travel shenanigans are involved, or Obito trained inside the pocket dimension that Kamui sends things to. That being said, if it's Izuna Uchiha, why does he make comments about Kakashi and Gai's personal habits? Has he been spying on them or something? Why did he initially act so fucking weird as Tobi? Why pretend to be your dead brother instead of just showing up as yourself, or as someone who WASN'T your dead brother so that no one would make the connection as to who you really are? I acknowledge though that no answer really makes sense and there's going to be some clarification needed whoever it is, but "Izuna stole Obito's eye years after his own death and is also such a douchebag that he bothered to make personal cutting comments to Kakashi and Gai" is out there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofu #2 View Post
    Yeah Obito being so young means very little if he gained access to an absurd power source like the Nine Tails.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofur #2
    Yes, but unless he got revived/healed, given a MASSIVE power up + reasons to hate Konoha in less than a year i don`t see how it`s possible. Buuuuut i`ll admit it is pointing at this direction.

Yes, but unless he got revived/healed, given a MASSIVE power up + reasons to hate Konoha in less than a year i don`t see how it`s possible.
    Literally every Uchiha in the cast has either hated Konoha or at least pretended to in Itachi's case. Maybe he did some reading and decided they sucked? I don't know. As for Obito being dead, that's a problem with any guess at Tobi's identity. Izuna is dead too, and according to the wiki we even see his dead, eyeless body going into the casket in a flashback. Keep in mind that during this arc virtually every named dead individual was returned to life, so someone coming back from the dead in the past isn't exactly a stretch. As for the power up, why do you say he needs one? Keep in mind that nothing Tobi has done actually requires a lot of chakra. Assuming his body is an Uchiha, he can use the spacetime jutsu from Obito's eye much easier than Kakashi can. He mindcontrolled the 9 tails, he didn't overpower it, and in fights he never does shit directly, he just phases out a bunch.

What i mean is that in order for him to go from Obito > Tobi, he would need a power up, considering Obito was kinda weak in that flashback. Hmmmm i wonder what the time difference is between Obito`s death and the Kyuubi attack, that should clear some things out.

What i mean is that in order for him to go from Obito > Tobi, he would need a power up, considering Obito was kinda weak in that flashback. Hmmmm i wonder what the time difference is between Obito`s death and the Kyuubi attack, that should clear some things out.
    What I'm saying is Tobi never directly does anything that would require a massive amount of power. He doesn't shoot huge lasers or create 10,000 copies of himself. All the power in the Gedo Mada statue that he's wielding is stolen. When he attacked the 4th, he killed two random ANBU goons and harassed a pregnant woman, used the Kyuubi to do all the dirty work, and kinda got his ass kicked by Minato. The only thing he ever does is phase in and out of reality, which is an ability that presumably taxes him far less than it does Kakashi. He also summoned a big flame tower that blocked the 8 tails attack but still.

EDIT:

Oh yeah and since one of his arms is made of sludge somehow a Tobi theory has to account for why he is partially not human/a Zetsu/etc.
    Last edited by Y; Fri, 08-03-2012 at 12:20 AM.