View Poll Results: Should Light Novels and Visual Novels get their own sections?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Light novels and Visual novels sub-forum FTW!

1 7.69%
  • Great idea, but keep them separate

4 30.77%
  • Li-what? Eh, whatever.

4 30.77%
  • bad idea, kill it with fire

4 30.77%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should Light Novels and Visual Novels get their own sections?

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    As it stands the opinions are pretty even..

I would like to give the option a try since there's not great objection.
    I'd say there's a distinction between difference in opinion and amount of people that are interested in it, the latter being the most important.

I'm all for this to a point, but I'm just not seeing the merit at the moment on giving this a shot. Little interest shown so far, and as mentioned above, there's has been really no pro-activity/initiative from forum members in attempting discussions of these mediums aside from asking to create a sub-forum for this.

The only thing I can recall is a Fate/stay night thread that has a lot of discussion, but that's about it (and Fate gets a ton of discussion anyways).

And in some regards, I rather people discussed these in Books and Manga and give that forum a bit more of activity. And if later on there really is a merit for things to get separated, we can do it. I'm still hazy on how Visual Novels thing fit since I've never played on of those, but whatever.

There are other topics that I think merit a forum/sub-forum before this one as I see what has gotten a lot of discussion as of late.
    Last edited by Munsu; Fri, 07-13-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Well, shinta just created/bumped two on-topic recommendation threads, let's see if that gets the ball rolling, which I hope it does:

Light Novel Recommendations
    http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread...ecommendations

Visual Novel Recommendations
    http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread...ecommendations