Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Naruto Chapter 586

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    It's really funny that there is absolutely nothing special about the genjutsu Itachi just used except that it works on somebody important. This is exactly what any genjutsu at all should be able to accomplish, and yet Itachi is sacrificing his eye (his immortal undead ghost eye) in order to trap Kabuto in it.
    I think that in order to fall for a genjutsu you must look at the caster, Izanami breaks this rule and that`s what makes it special.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    I think that in order to fall for a genjutsu you must look at the caster, Izanami breaks this rule and that`s what makes it special.
    This isn't remotely true. For the most hilarious counterexample, Kabuto himself just used a Genjutsu that wasn't applied by sight to attack them through Susanoo. Then he apparently forgot about it.

Also, the two frogs that helped Jiraiya against the fight with Pein used sound to trap three of the Paths in a genjutsu.

Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter View Post
    Also, the two frogs that helped Jiraiya against the fight with Pein used sound to trap three of the Paths in a genjutsu.
    Yes but to the last two people that posted above me, um.... the sharingan is an eye or vision ability it does not make sound. So it is a bigger deal if it can break the trademark rule of the sharingan. Still what is strange is not how this ability effected kabuto it's what the ability is doing. Kabuto may have been hit with it at the start of the fight?

ANBU Captain
    Itachi has been known to cast genjutsu thru his fingers so it's not hard to believe that it didn't come from his eyes. When this technique gets explained I hope it isn't easy to set up....lately the sting of forbidden techniques have been really weak

Quote Originally Posted by toonice714 View Post
    Itachi has been known to cast genjutsu thru his fingers so it's not hard to believe that it didn't come from his eyes. When this technique gets explained I hope it isn't easy to set up....lately the sting of forbidden techniques have been really weak
    Yes most likely it's done a completely different way, like a series of events that need to take place.

wouldnt that make it even worse than the typical genjutsu?

Yeah. What I'm saying is that ANYBODY who can use Genjutsu should be able to do this exact same thing. This forbidden bloodline technique is nothing more than a Genjutsu that actually works.