Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Chapter 581

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
    No, the black shade indicates reptilian eyelids.
    No, he had dark markings around his eyes and nose bridge before and the further darkening represents sage mode; same as it was with naruto, same as it was with Jiraya.

Also reptilian eyelids indicate that he can still see. Reptiles have eyelids just like any other animals. Crocks and other reptiles have a second set of eyelids so they can physically see when they are underwater.

p.s. Snakes can't blink or close their eyes because they lack movable eyelids.

edit 2:

If Snake sage mode is anything like Frog sage mode, who's molding the Chakra? Or is that a totally invalid point right now with all the bullshit Kishimoto is pulling out of his ass. Maybe it's just a perk of being evil, you hax everything.

Also if they are anything alike, wouldn't any disturbance by the Sharingan throw his chakra control out of wack and we get a Kabutoru statue.....
    Last edited by dragonrage; Wed, 04-04-2012 at 10:56 PM.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Ehh I'm not as annoyed as all of you are by this. If it was Sasuke pulling it out his ass I most assuredly would be. But we've hardly seen anything from Itachi, he's never actually had one single fight that we've seen where he has gone all out and had to use all his strength. The closest he's ever come to this is when he fought Sasuke and then he wasn't even trying to win.

So why is it so hard to swallow that the 2nd greatest Uchiha ever to have lived knows more sharingan jutsu?

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    All this is really doing is creating a new pool of jutsus for Sasuke to eventually master and take to his fight against Naruto. A pair of jutsus that can change reality or set a "destiny" in stone...The sharingan is officially god in the narutoverse.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Yeah that part idk how much I like.... Izanagi was a bit stretching my bullshit factor when danzou pulled it out. But I didn't mind it then because it was just evil boss mode hax. I don't fully understand it tbh, and I really don't understand what this one means either. One changes shit instantly, and the other changes shit down the line? Someone try to explain it to me.

As I understood:

Izanagi is a defensive jutsu

Izanami is an offensive jutsu

When Danzou was hit fatally, he could change that reality and survive a clearly deadly attack. With Izanami, well, as Itachi said, you can actively decide fate. Which sounds hax beyond belief. I imagine bullshit like "I´m now imagining my enemy to be dead" and then it comes true. Obviously, that cannot be how Izanami works, so there has to be some kind of weakness. Then again ... who knows

ANBU Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubisrage View Post
    Ima go out on a limb here and say itachi will tell sasuke that he still has a brother and to go help naruto.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Ima go out on a limb here and say Itachi will tell Sasuke that he has another brother that he didn´t know of. TWIST!
    I'm also going to go out on a limb and say you are kyuubi'srage on the weekends

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Obviously, that cannot be how Izanami works, so there has to be some kind of weakness. Then again ... who knows
    He goes blind in that eye.... which like I said before shouldn't matter in undead zombie mode as his eye should regenerate from any damage that it sustains now to the state it was in before he died.

Yeah, Itachi being a zombie is going to be his advantage. I expect some kind of action-heavy chapter next week. Itachi firing off one Izanami-whatever after another, with Kabuto evading one after another, explosions everywhere. And everytime Itachi uses Izanami, we see his eyes go blind, then regenerating immediately.

What would be kinda neat, Itachi using Izanamis in a certain intervall (say, his eyes take 2 seconds to regenerate between each Izanami usage), Kabuto realizing that intervall, and when he´s about to defeat Itachi, Sasuke unexpectedly uses Izanami himself, hitting Kabuto with it, and also going blind on one of his eyes.

That could then lead to 1.) Sasuke hunting for a replacement-eye (maybe even trying to get Madara´s) and/or Izanami would be sealed from being used by Sasuke, maybe being the final technique he uses in the last battle of the manga, whereafter he goes completely blind, sacrificing his eyesight for victory.

(note: All of that would be pulled-out-yer-ass bs, I´m just trying to put myself into Kishimoto´s shoes lol)

Perhaps Sasuke will not go blind as he has attained the EMS?

Or perhaps, Sasuke in the future can raid Madara's sharingan storehouse, pop out his EMS, use the 'normal' sharingan for Izanagi/Izanami and then when it goes blind replace it with his EMS. Alternatively, maybe that 'normal' sharingan he pops in to his eye will auto-upgrade to EMS as it is his Uchiha body that determines the state of the eye. Afterall, we have seen Kakashi take a normal eye and upgrade to MS and he is not even an Uchiha.

The mind boggles :S!

Izanagi is different, after use the eye "loses its light forever", It's not like the gradual blindess from non EMS.
    -----------------

The speed at which you go blind is different I accept, but in the end you still go blind.

It's not so much about going blind, Izanagi effectively closes the eye forever, EMS or no EMS; the price for using that technique is handing over an eye, not so much "going blind".
    If EMS countered this, there would be absolutely no point in even trying to fight someone with EMS/Izanagi; the madara/5kage fight would be incredibly pointless cause madara could just stand around while constantly just tanking their attacks, effectively making them wear themselves out and then just walk in and decapitate them 1 by 1.

Izanagi makes you untouchable, but only for as how many eyes you have. EMS countering that aspect would effectively be turning on "god mode".
    -----------------

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    Izanagi makes you untouchable, but only for as how many eyes you have. EMS countering that aspect would effectively be turning on "god mode".
    Only in naruto would this be an issue.

It´s funny that "Izanagi without cost" would turn you into god-mode. Ya know, back in the beginning of the series, base Mangekyou Sharingan as already considered hax. On some perverse inner level of curiosity, I´d actually love to see it happen: Sasuke attaining infinite Izanagi/Izanami. I could eat the first world countries into third world countries and still wouldn´t be able to vomit as much as would be necessary, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    It's not so much about going blind, Izanagi effectively closes the eye forever, EMS or no EMS; the price for using that technique is handing over an eye, not so much "going blind".
    If EMS countered this, there would be absolutely no point in even trying to fight someone with EMS/Izanagi; the madara/5kage fight would be incredibly pointless cause madara could just stand around while constantly just tanking their attacks, effectively making them wear themselves out and then just walk in and decapitate them 1 by 1.

Its a fair argument you make. The only thing I would think that could counter the eye being lost is the fact Itachi is in undead mode where the Edo Tensei repairs any damage he suffers. If not Sasuke, then at least Itachi in the form he is now should be immune to the downside of Izanagi/Izanami otherwise the Edo Tensei would not make sense.

Was it said somewhere that there was a side effect to Izanami? Everyone seems to assume Itachi would automatically lose an eye when he uses it. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by deadlydreamx View Post
    Was it said somewhere that there was a side effect to Izanami? Everyone seems to assume Itachi would automatically lose an eye when he uses it. Am I missing something?
    We assume there be some sort of crucial side effect, because it is assumed that Izanami is at least as impressive/powerful as Izanagi.

The eye loses its light.. Itachi just started to describe Izanami when Sasuke interrupted thinking he was talking about Izanagi.

It would be interesting if the eye did not automatically regenerate and Itachi had to literally destroy the eye (if it goes blind). Might be a bit icky though.

Side note: looks like the Chalize Theron has been stealing Itachi's tricks.
    Last edited by rockmanj; Sat, 04-07-2012 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj View Post
    It would be interesting if the eye did not automatically regenerate and Itachi had to literally destroy the eye (if it goes blind). Might be a bit icky though.

would be great, but somehow doesn´t sound likely for a shounen jump-series.