Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Naruto Chapter 579

karin is uzumaki. Nice. Naruto should get together with her then. Karin is hot!!! Don't need to care about Sakura. She acts like a bitch, so she's a bitch. As for Hinata, well..maybe Naruto can have 2 girlfriends and choose one of them for a wife.

Quote Originally Posted by FelixZeroAlastor View Post
    Well considering that they can't kill him that puts him at a huge advantage. Itachi's Susanno is fully handicapped as its weapons are locked (can't kill him). Genjutsu is out of the question since Kabuto has all the snakes. Sharingan seems useless as sage mode offers him heightened reflexes and awareness. All in all it seems Kabuto has all the cards atm.
    You have some point but don't forget both Sasuke and Itachi can still use there defensive capabilities and at least Sasuke won't let himself die if it comes to it he will be more then willing to kill Kabuto. And sage mode should have a limit.

sweeeeeettttttttttt... nothing like meeting a white snake who's smoking a joint. What's next? a slug who's doing heroin. To think of it..... yes, i would like to see that

I pointed out last chapter that it was ridiculous for Kabuto to stand against the Uchiha brothers, but with this reveal it does make sense. Sage Mode + Snake Buddies + the fact that they can't shoot to kill makes it very difficult for them to defeat him, despite the fact that he has no chance of taking both of them out. Itachi should be pretty good at beating people without killing them, though, considering how long he had to fake being the bad guy.

I don't get why the snakes prevent Genjutsu from working, what's the deal with that?

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Their spider-sense tingles when a genjutsu is coming so they can evade like they evaded Susanoo`s arrow.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter View Post
    I don't get why the snakes prevent Genjutsu from working, what's the deal with that?
    I assume because they act as his eyes. In a sense he is like Pain that each body can see through each others line of sight. Unless they can Genjutsu all the snakes at once then it's useless.

Quote Originally Posted by FelixZeroAlastor View Post
    I assume because they act as his eyes. In a sense he is like Pain that each body can see through each others line of sight. Unless they can Genjutsu all the snakes at once then it's useless.
    That's what I was thinking. It shouldn't be difficult for someone of Itachi's level to, especially considering he is a strong genjutsu user with eyes made for this stuff, to put everyone and everything in a genjutsu. Plus Sasuke is there as well who despite seemingly showing greater affinity for ninjutsu would still provide some sort of genjutsu backup.

Even if Itachi can only catch Kabutoro in genjutsu for only a second, can't he make a second last over 3 days with the mangekyou?

Exactly. By the time the snakes actually snap Kabuto out of Tsukuyomi he would have been battered for days. This point is what is supposed to set Tsukuyomi apart from all other types of genjutsu.

I thought that the snakes protected him from genjutsu because they saw infra-red for him, and he didn't need to use his eyesight anymore.

I am also guessing that the snakes provide some sort of extra-sensory abilities that allow him to move around without using only his senses and brain.

His eyes are still open

Kabuto isn't looking into their eyes to get Tsukiyomi'd, and Sasuke even says in the chapter that the snakes are using senses other than sight. I'm assuming the snakes can't get mindcontrolled themselves. And a garden variety genjutsu isn't going to work on a guy who's been smoking Orochimaru's snake scales.

wasnt genjutsu about changing the chackra flow from an enemy to dull their senses?
    if so then the snakes should be able to restore kabuto's chackra flow as they must be connected in some way so he can control them

also inb4 sakura learns some kind of sage mode from the big slug summon

Quote Originally Posted by ForteCross View Post
    wasnt genjutsu about changing the chackra flow from an enemy to dull their senses?
    if so then the snakes should be able to restore kabuto's chackra flow as they must be connected in some way so he can control them

also inb4 sakura learns some kind of sage mode from the big slug summon
    If Sakura or Tsunade underwent the slug sage training, I imagine we would've seen them during this war, if not back when Pain was destroying everything.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I would think their strategy should involve catching his sight. Even if the snakes snap him out of Tsukiyomi, Itachi doesn't even need half a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    Kabuto isn't looking into their eyes to get Tsukiyomi'd, and Sasuke even says in the chapter that the snakes are using senses other than sight. I'm assuming the snakes can't get mindcontrolled themselves. And a garden variety genjutsu isn't going to work on a guy who's been smoking Orochimaru's snake scales.

When Itachi put Naruto in the Tsukiyomi, he said eye contact was not necessary. Itachi put him in it with just a movement of his finger. I don't see why it matters now if Kabuto makes eye contact or not.

Unless it wasn't Tsukiyomi and was just an ordinary genjutsu that he trapped Naruto in...

For every snake Kabuto has Itachi could create genjutsu primed crows that could deal with everything on the field

Jounin
    Itachi used a regular genjutsu on Naruto. That is why Sakura and Sand-Granny was able to snap Naruto out of it. Also since it wasn't the real Itachi but a controlled body Kakashi noted that something was wrong. He even looked Kakashi directly in the eyes. That suggested that Itachi wasn't even able to use his ocular powers with the controlled body.