Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playstation3 Move

Playstation3 Move

Does anyone game with the PS3 Move? I want to get Heavy Rain and Infamous 2 to play with the Move but for some reason I'm getting the feeling the move support isn't worth it and not widely adopted.

For one, I can't seem to find the Playstation Eye for sale online at major shops like Amazon and Gamestop. Maybe it's because it's just after Christmas and they were all sold out?

Does anyone have experience with these games played with Move controllers?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Why are you trying to get an Eye by itself? It better to get a bundle with the Move and Eye together. The Move controller is $50 alone and the Eye is $40 alone. Amazon is selling the Deadmund's Quest bundle (Deadmund's Quest, Sports Champions, Move, and Eye) for $79.99. ($20 off)

http://www.amazon.com/Deadmunds-Ques...QEV654SPCFD427

To start, that bundle is out of stock and doesn't include the navi controller, and I don't really have any interest in Deadmund's Quest or the sports game. I priced the 3 components at $75 on Amazon except they ran out of stock on the main controller and you have to order the Eye from some 3rd company and pay $10 shipping. Now it's closer to $80-90 for all 3.

I might get the Little Big Planet 2 bundle with all 3 components, but I don't really care about LBP2:
    http://www.amazon.com/LittleBigPlanet-Special-Move-Bundle-Playstation-3

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

If you want the Navi then get the Mayhem Bundle at Best Buy for $99.99. You get all 3 of those + the Sharp Shooter + 2 games.

Oh man, you rule! I just placed the order. Been meaning to play KZ3 and Resistance3 but I don't like shooters on consoles. With the sharpshooter, I should be able to enjoy them.

But it still remains to be seen, is the Move worth it? Does it make games like Heavy Rain and Infamous 2 more enjoyable? Do you have Move, Marik?

Yes, I have Move. I bought it mainly for Light Gun type games. House of the Dead: Overkill, The Shoot, and Time Crisis: Razing Storm. It works well for those kind of games. I don't use the Sharp Shooter, though. I use the Shooting Attachment. I got it for $7.99 at GameStop.

Also, House of the Dead 3 and 4 are coming to PSN. I love those kind of games, so Move was worth the $58 I paid.

I don't know how well it works for the two games you mentioned. I bought the Director's Cut of Heavy Rain for $14.99 on Black Friday, but I haven't played it yet.

I pulled the trigger on the sharpshooter bundle and Heavy Rain DC. I plan to paint the sharpshooter black.

I have 2 move controllers, 1 nav controller and the sharpshooter. Haven't used them in ages.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Quote Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
    I have 2 move controllers, 1 nav controller and the sharpshooter. Haven't used them in ages.
    Did you buy them for specific games, Psyke? Have you played Heavy Rain or Infamous 2 with Move? Might be time to pick them up again .

Nope. I have Sports Champions which is decent I guess, and KZ3. It's not easy getting used to the sharpshooter, but it's pretty interesting. For a while.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I haven't got any of the Move stuff, but I'd think I'd enjoy the pistol more so than the MP5 device. It just seems so much easier to use instead of rotating your hips and everything.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Best Buy now has the mayhem bundle for $89.99!!! Go Go Go! I think I've seen someone buy these from BB and then sell then online for $160.

I ordered it for $99.99 yesterday, they gave me a $10 refund on the price when I picked it up since it's now $89.99.

I sprayed my sharpshooter black by the way.

img3306i.jpg

That looks awesome! If doesn't look like you covered anything up with tape, or did you disassemble it before painting? Did you have any problems with buttons sticking?

Started playing Heavy Rain with the move controllers... definitely a different experience than the standard wireless controller. Still getting used to them so they feel more natural and less deliberate so I can enjoy the game itself.

The sharpshooter feels too light. I want to open it up and add some weight internally. Also want to improve the grip with a real grip mod.

I originally taped up the orange parts of the sharpshooter, but in the end I figured it looked cooler with everything black so I resprayed it. As for the weight, it's much much lighter than an actual rifle, but in the game you have to use it to look around so it's not practical to have it too heavy. In fact, my arms were rather tired after playing the game for a while.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Started playing Heavy Rain with the move controllers... definitely a different experience than the standard wireless controller. Still getting used to them so they feel more natural and less deliberate so I can enjoy the game itself.

The sharpshooter feels too light. I want to open it up and add some weight internally. Also want to improve the grip with a real grip mod.
    Have you played Heavy Rain with the regular controller?
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
    I originally taped up the orange parts of the sharpshooter, but in the end I figured it looked cooler with everything black so I resprayed it. As for the weight, it's much much lighter than an actual rifle, but in the game you have to use it to look around so it's not practical to have it too heavy. In fact, my arms were rather tired after playing the game for a while.
    Did you have to tape up the openings/crevices to keep buttons from sticking from the paint?

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    Have you played Heavy Rain with the regular controller?
    No, first time with both the Move and the game. I wonder if I'd actually enjoy the game more without playing it while trying to learn the Move moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Did you have to tape up the openings/crevices to keep buttons from sticking from the paint?
    I did initially but it was hard making the tape perfect so I took it out halfway and it was still good.

The Mayhem Bundle dropped down to $59.99 at BestBuy.com. You may be able to get another $30 back, Animeniax.