Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playstation3 Move

Quote Originally Posted by Marik View Post
    The Mayhem Bundle dropped down to $59.99 at BestBuy.com. You may be able to get another $30 back, Animeniax.
    What the crap, are you trying to save me more money or something, Marik??? Thanks again for the heads up, I will be visiting a Best Buy since it's been less than 30 days since I made the purchase. Hopefully they'll price match and I can get the $30. You rule man!

edit: Just made the call since it was an online order, got my $32.48 back to paypal. Just that easy. I love these forums.
    Last edited by Animeniax; Sun, 02-05-2012 at 03:40 PM.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    What the crap, are you trying to save me more money or something, Marik??? Thanks again for the heads up, I will be visiting a Best Buy since it's been less than 30 days since I made the purchase. Hopefully they'll price match and I can get the $30. You rule man!

edit: Just made the call since it was an online order, got my $32.48 back to paypal. Just that easy. I love these forums.
    That's good for you Ani, but I think the allowing of this type of price-matching is pretty BS.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Why? Technology changes so much and it's the worst feeling paying for something only to see it drop in price just days or weeks later. This discourages people from buying, opting to wait instead for lower prices. This hurts the economy and businesses, so it's better to have guarantees to protect consumers to encourage them to buy. That's how it works in America anyway.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Why? Because it sounds like second dips to me. You decide on a transaction and go through with it. If the transaction didn't go according to terms (eg, the cheque was bounced, or the merchandise wasn't as described) then retracing it sounds reasonable.

Returning it because you found a better deal elsewhere is like "cheating the system" in that it's not equal. If the seller could decide in 30 days to withdraw your product after they sold it to you, then it would be equal.

I think you have the idea of consumerism and capitalism all wrong. The customer is always right.

The price matching isn't indefinite, only for 30 days after purchase. With the speed of technological change, it's only fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    I think you have the idea of consumerism and capitalism all wrong. The customer is always right.
    You're right in that I don't agree with the "The customer is always right." mentality - at least when the sentence is taken very literally.

I watched this Disney episode when I was small about how a bellboy Donald Duck copped so much shit because he had to conform to this ideology.

Actually I don't agree with it either, but in business, without customers you won't have a business. Like I said, a price protection guarantee encourages consumerism, especially in these tough economic times.

As for the PS3 Move, I suspect that the price drop will coincide with an announcement that something new is coming out to replace the Move, or that future game support for the Move will end.